Old 25th November 2010, 06:00

I'm also having the same problem i notice the black screen only happens when the pop up ad on the bottom comes up and only if that ad itself has a small video in it. for example fairy job mother and UPS. it doesn't effect the stream for plain banners without videos.

temporary solution im suggesting. Take out all banner ads with those videos and instead give them a spot on the ad that takes over the stream every 15 minutes. This way you still have the ad going but it doesn't ruin the quality of the stream and everyone is happy. Or you can take the videos off those banners and just leave the text and photos that should work also as a temporary solution.
Old 26th November 2010, 07:31

In FULL SCREEN, after an ad plays the screen goes black, the audio goes mute, and the controls below the video dissapear.

I Have this problem in full screen every time an ad plays on channels, TallasseeTimes, TallassaeeBackstage, and NetAL01 if they are broadcasting live useing a VP6 16:9 stream.

CHANGING THE ENCODER TO H.264 SOLVES THE PROBLEM.

or

CHANGING TO THE OLD EMBEDDED PLAYER SOLVES THE PROBLEM

I tested this on three machines using flash 10.1 and Internet Explorer, One machin was XP, one was Vista and one was Seven, The operating system makes no difference in the results.

I tested it with foxfire and IE on one machine ( the one running XP ) and had the problem with both when viewing the VP6 stream.

The only thing that seems to make a difference is the viewer and the stream's codec.

There is a seperate problem where the audio goes away after an ad when NOT IN FULL SCREEN, That seems to be a seperate issue. I still have viewers reporting that problem but I can not reproduce it. Usually, clicking the speaker below the video, fixes it. However, an hour ago, one vewer said those controls had all turned white, and pressing F5 restored her audio. She was using XP, IE and the new viewer, the stream she was watching was h.264 on Tallasseetimes.

Bob Grosh, Producer www.TallasseeTV.com and www.NetworkAlabama.com
Old 30th November 2010, 22:25

I'm having the same problem on Mac OS 10.6.5 with Chrome 7.0.517.44 and Flash 10,1,103,9 installed. It happens on just about every stream. Full screen works fine until an ad (a number of different ads trigger it, including all the Ad Council's "California First Five" ads) plays. Then, full-screen is black, with only the "Press Escape to exit Full Screen plaque" showing. Audio still works fine.

Sometimes it seems to be triggered by the banner ad that pops up after a full-screen ad plays (Honda, CA First 5, Microsoft Hotmail), and it seems to happen more noticeably in embedded players.

Edit: Just happened again. Full screen was fine, then the Honda Dream ad came on. After it finished, full screen still worked, but as soon as the banner ad (Microsoft Hotmail ad with embedded video in it) appeared, full-screen is now broken.

Last edited by ElGuano; 30th November 2010 at 23:06. Reason: More info
Old 5th December 2010, 15:51
Livestream Community Help

Today In full screen I'm seeing Honda ad with show audio mixed underneath then going to a McDonalds ad without audio which doesn't seem to exit until I click on the close button.

Are you still getting black after an ad when in full screen?
Old 8th December 2010, 01:07

Default Black screen after Ad

I've noticed that full screen mode just shows a black screen following an ad. Other people seem to have the same problem.

Thanks.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:02

Unhappy

Seconded! The ads during live broadcasts have been super buggy for me, and it happens with multiple browsers (IE,Chrome,Firefox). It seems that as soon as the ad is done, one to two more ads pop up in the bottom of the screen and as soon as they do, fullscreen is broken. Very annoying. I'm all for ad supported content, but if your rotating animated clickable advertisement pane that you've layered OVER the viewing area actually breaks the functionality of the site, maybe it shouldn't be there?
Old 8th December 2010, 16:09
Livestream Software Engineer

Which channel have you seen these issue on?
Old 8th December 2010, 16:39

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure actually. I go to teamliquid.net and click on whatever user's I see streaming at the time. I'm fairly certain I saw it on both lzgamer and minigunsc streams as those are two I watch a lot. TBH, it just seems to happen on livestream channels in general, not any particular one. If it happens again, I can note which channel it was so I'm 100% sure next time.

Edit: Ok it happened just now on stream "neoresponse" but after another ad it went away. Seems to come and go. I've had days where I reloaded streams half a dozen times and the screen went black each time.

Last edited by numberThirtyOne; 8th December 2010 at 21:04.
Old 9th December 2010, 09:54
Livestream Software Engineer

So we're having trouble reproducing this issue over here. Just to make sure I get the scenario right, this happens after you watch an ad in fullscreen mode only ? Or does it happen in the not-fullscreen mode as well? Also does this only apply to video ads or overlays (lower third of the screen) as well?
And also, if it is a video ad that triggers this issue, can you tell if it's always the same ad (for the same brand) or does it happen for different ads?

Thanks
Old 9th December 2010, 18:11

For me, it doesn't matter if the video is fullscreen or not when the ad starts. The ad plays and when it's done, the live feed resumes. A second or two later, the overlay ad comes up. As soon as the overlay has come up, maximizing the video causes a black screen.

If I'm already in fullscreen when the ad plays, the ad will finish and a second or two later, the screen goes black. When I exit fullscreen at that point, the overlay ad is there, but if I close it and maximize again, everything is black.

Again this doesn't happen every time, and I haven't noticed just one ad doing it. The last time it happened it was the overlay of the nikon ad. I'm pretty sure previously I remember a UPS overlay ad doing it.

Edit: Happening repeatedly for me right now on stream "huktv". Video ad is the google demo fashion show one and the overlay ad that follows is UPS "logistics". Hope that helps.

Last edited by numberThirtyOne; 10th December 2010 at 00:43.

Tags
advertisment, black, blank, full screen