Old 16th November 2010, 15:27

Default Audio Mute after Ad

I am having the same problem with the audio after the ad. I found last night that this problem occurs if I am broadcasting with the Podcaster, or direct from the website. I also found that after the ad when the audio quits, you can adjust the volume from the flash player, and it will come back.
Old 16th November 2010, 15:37
Livestream Software Engineer

We've rolled out a fix for this. Let me know if you're still seeing the issue.
Old 16th November 2010, 15:59

Post No Soun After Ads

Dear,

We are having problems with our free channel. We have the computer connected to a monitor in our college, but everytime the channel is going to commercials, the our video is come back, there is no sound at all.

I dont know where the problem is, but I tried with more computers, and the same problem.

Any solution??

Best,

Raul Dominguez.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:29

Some of my viewers were still having the problem today, but the broadcast ended before the 20:37 time of the above post.
Will ask viewers to let me know in the morning and report back.

Last edited by tallasseetimes; 16th November 2010 at 16:32.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:30

Yep, the full screen mode is messed up.

I go to my embedded channel at www.tallasseeTV.com
After the page loads and the video starts, I see a countdown for the first ad. Befor it reaches 10 seconds remaining, I click the full screen button in the center of the video.

I repeated the above test more than a dozen times. While it worked correctly ONE time, there are several different faliure modes.
I'll list them from most to least frequent.

[A] The countdown continues, reaches 0 and the ad plays. After that, one frame of the video is displayed. The video is frozen, no sound, and a play button is displayed in the center of the video. Pressing the play button does nothing. Pressing the play button a second time does nothing. Pressing the play button a third time restores the video and audio.

[B] The coutdown contiues, reaches 0 and the ad plays. After that, the video plays with no sound. Pressing the speaker icon in the player TWICE restores the audio.

[C] The coutdown contiues, reaches 0 and the ad plays. After that, the video remains blank, but the audio plays. The only way to get out of this one is to refresh the browser.

[D]The coutdown contiues, reaches 0 and the the screen goes black, no ad, no audio no video. The only way to get out of this is to close all instances of the browser.

I repeated the test on three machines, one with XP, one with Vista, one with Seven, all using IE 8.

Bob Grosh, Producer TallasseeTimes.
Old 19th November 2010, 10:11
Livestream Producer Support

Could you please note which advertisements this issue occurs after? I am able to view http://www.tallasseetv.com/ with no problems before or after the ads.
Old 19th November 2010, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpamm View Post
Could you please note which advertisements this issue occurs after? I am able to view http://www.tallasseetv.com/ with no problems before or after the ads.
I still had 1 viewer report the problem in chat this morning at 7:15 central time this morning while watching tallasseeTV.com. He did not remeber the ad that played. If is posible that he had not left the page or rebooted his computer since yesterday. I asked that he reboot. Will let you hnow if he reports another incident. I have not seen this bug on any channel today.

Bob Grosh Tallasseetimes.
Old 21st November 2010, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpamm View Post
The corona beer ad seems to mute the volume for my viewers. Turning the volume off and on again in livestream fixes it for them. One user is also having problems with 2 ads overlapping each other. Not sure if it's related at all or not.

From one of my viewers: "I found that Corona ad and the BP oil ad overlap one another. I can hear the music from the Corona ad in the background while the BP video is showing"
Old 21st November 2010, 15:11

Default No sound after ads

I am also having an issue with no sound after ads. It seems to happen on every ad although the same one keeps playing every time I refresh the page currently. (BP Ad) I seem to have a problem with any stream I watch whether it is embedded or not.

Edit: I have tried multiple browsers. Windows 7.
Old 21st November 2010, 19:51
Livestream Community Help

RelevantChurch, last week I noticed the overlapping audio on the ads. I haven't seen that today on the channels I've checked so far.

wiiittttt and tallasseetimes I just checked
http://www.tallasseetv.com/
and I can confirm, after the spot there was no audio.
BUT
when I went the the channel on Livestream directly
http://www.livestream.com/tallasseetimes
the audio played after the commercial just fine.

Is this only happening on channels embedded on web pages?

Tags
ads, channel, free, no sound, problems with sound