Old 9th May 2011, 19:09

Default Procaster & CamTwist

Thanks Michael,

Now, I cannot get procaster to recognize camtwist. Also, Boinx suggested using soundflower to broadcast sound, but it won't open on my iMac running 10.6

Thanks for all your help
Old 9th May 2011, 19:16
Livestream Community Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by commtechgl View Post
I am trying to upload to webcaster. When I choose CamTwist in the set up, it shows me what is coming through my DV camera, not what is showing on CamTwist. I am a teacher with no budget, so I can't subscribe to Procaster or purchase telestream. Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks!
Annamarie
Procaster is free and has built in screencapture.
Old 10th May 2011, 08:12

Default Procaster & CamTwist

Thanks Michael,

Now, I cannot get procaster to recognize camtwist. Also, Boinx suggested using soundflower to broadcast sound, but it won't open on my iMac running 10.6

Thanks for all your help
Old 10th May 2011, 08:15

Quote:
Thanks Michael,

Thanks for all your help
??? You don't need CamTwist. Procaster has its own screencapture.
SoundFlower doesn't "open"
You must set System Sound to send to SoundFlower and then Procaster sees SoundFlower as an audio input choice.
Old 10th May 2011, 08:18

I tried the screen capture, but it takes the whole screen.

I really appreciate all your help. It's very difficult troubleshooting while teaching and monitoring students.
Old 10th May 2011, 08:43

Quote:
I tried the screen capture, but it takes the whole screen.

I really appreciate all your help. It's very difficult troubleshooting while teaching and monitoring students.
Use the Zoom In command on the lower right. You can then grab and position the green brackets on your screen over the BoinxTV window. You can even resize to fit the area you're trying to capture using the green brackets.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:43

That would work, but I don't see a zoom command on the lower right of the procaster window or in the settings window. The only place that I see a zoom command is after we go live. I don't want to have to do that live. In webcaster, I can see a camtwist option, but when i choose it, i don't see what camtwist is showing. I see what the dv camera is showing. Camtwist is a better option for streaming the boinx window, if i have to do the zoom live every morning and if procaster or webcaster would work properly and play nice with camtwist.

I will try any suggestions you have to help me achieve my goal.

Thanks!
Old 11th May 2011, 12:00
Livestream

Quote:
That would work, but I don't see a zoom command on the lower right of the procaster window or in the settings window. The only place that I see a zoom command is after we go live. I don't want to have to do that live.
commtechgl,

You can set Procaster to go live in "Preview Only" mode and zoom to the desired area. Then when you switch back to go live to your Livestream channel, the zoom setting you've configured in Preview Only mode will remain.

Best,
Jason
Old 11th May 2011, 12:18

Will that have to be done every time? We are going to be using this every morning and the 8th grade students will be running this. I would really prefer to get camtwist to work with your site, since it saves the setting for streaming from the boinx window.

Thanks.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:39
Livestream

Quote:
Will that have to be done every time? We are going to be using this every morning and the 8th grade students will be running this. I would really prefer to get camtwist to work with your site, since it saves the setting for streaming from the boinx window.

Thanks.
It will have to be done every time unless you leave Procaster open - have you tried it yet? It takes seconds and is probably the least complicated work-around for what you'd like to do.

If you'd prefer camtwist, I believe you can pull it in as a source in the Livestream Studio.

Best,
Jason