Old 1st November 2010, 03:59

Lightbulb equipment on the go.

ok guys just starting out on a budget what is the best bang for buck and how much am i looking at spending

1.Camera thinking of (a canon VIXIA HV40)
2.Laptop
3.microphone (for host/hostess)
4.sound equipment ? editor

i want to save as much as i can plz help
Old 1st November 2010, 07:40

What do you want to do?
More information please!
Do you need a high quality or a good performance?
Good sound - Or edited?
Old 1st November 2010, 12:38

Default on the go equipment

I want the stuff mainly for different automotive events like car shows and delership spots etc...

yes i want High Quality like 1080p HD i would like to know what camera responds best with a handheld mikraphone im kinda going for a news reporter type thing.

so for the quality im assuming it would depend on the micarphone i use ?

but again i am looking at spending about $1,000=camera + $1,000=laptop + $1,000 for video editing software,tripod accesorys etc..

so i have about 3grand more or less to play with and looking for best bang for the buck so if you all can help id greatly appreciate it.
Old 24th November 2010, 16:27

Smile What Equipment????

BUMP!!!!!

can someone help me out please

what laptop would be best suited for what id want to do ?

what camera ? etc.... im really wanting to get this going but need some advice from the pros

thanks,
Chris
Old 17th December 2010, 18:31

Smile Mobile equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 956Mongoose View Post
ok guys just starting out on a budget what is the best bang for buck and how much am i looking at spending

1.Camera thinking of (a canon VIXIA HV40)
2.Laptop
3.microphone (for host/hostess)
4.sound equipment ? editor

i want to save as much as i can plz help
Hi, I have begun to setup and have started to produce live-on-site broadcasting.

This is what I used:
I went of a new desktop running an i5-760 quad-core, 4 gb ram, gigabyte video card and running Win 7.
I also installed a firewire PCi card, but installing a Black Magic HDMI card would be better.
I use a Canopus AV110 AVDHC converter to run the feed from the camera to the computer.
For a producer program I use Telestream Wirecast. This does all the transitions and will run a feed from your desktop to your Livestream account/channel. You can download a trial from their site and begin to play with it until you understand how to make it work. Their pro version also supports a virtual newsdesk and a heap of other features.

That whole setup was about $4000.00 including cameras and lighting.

I hope this is of help.
Old 29th December 2010, 05:04

Question but what camera and laptop ?

but what camera that will give me 1080p HD

and what wireless mic can i use with it the camera

also is there a NETBOOK or a good sized lap top that will work
Old 29th December 2010, 11:18
Administrator

If you want to do 1080P (and this isn't recommended because it's expensive and CPU intensive to do and most online video is viewed in smaller player windows) you're going to be pushing a lot of limits with hardware encoding so you're not going to be able to do this with a Netbook.

A good HD workflow would be:
High-end gaming computer with i7 Processor & BlackMagic DeckLink card for HD capture
HD camera such as a Panasonic HPX170 outputting HD-SDI into the BlackMagic card
I would recommend outputting 720 using this setup rather than 1080 for the reasons above.

If you need mobility you can get a high-end laptop but will be more limited for HD because there aren't as many options for HD capture on laptops, you could do using Wirecast which will allow you to capture HDV over Firewire.

-Ben
Livestream Support

Last edited by benhomer; 29th December 2010 at 11:29.
Old 7th January 2011, 10:46

Default ALSO NEED HELP With EQUIPMENT

Hello I need to know what kind of equipment will suit me best, I really have no idea what to get. I need HD quality (since I'm upgrading to premium) Ill have on site indoors live broadcast and outdoors live reporting news. I order to budget I need to know exactly what kind of computers ( if i use two cameras) will i need, i prefer laptops but I need advice on this, what camera will be best what other equipment such has cables, mics, tripod and ilumination will i be needing to get my proyect going smoothly. Also if possible how many people do you suggest will be best for my porpouse. I need as much help as you can give, maybe outline an example team and equipment need. Please help. URGENT.
Old 9th January 2011, 20:52
Livestream Community Help

Two HD cameras on a laptop can be a challenge. HDV cameras would require two separate buses, not just separate ports. That would mean using a laptop with an Express port to add a 2nd firewire bus. For HDV the laptop should be an i7 and it may still strain the CPU as HDV is very hard to decode and encode.

I'd recommend at least a Quad Core i7 desktop.
Two AVCHD cameras or other cameras with HDMI out.
Two Blackmagic Intensity Pro cards (not to be used with Dell computers).
Telestream Wirecast for live switching, graphics, picture in picture, chroma key.
http://www.telestream.net/wire-cast/overview.htm

It's hard to answer questions like "best" camera because I can easily recommend cameras that cost $20k and up.
If you want inexpensive HD, I'd recommend Canon Vixia models which start at around $300 and go up to around $1500 I believe.
Certainly a
Canon XF100 at about $3000
Sony MC50 or Panasonic HMC40 at about $1500
If you're shooting in low light you'd want a larger sensor.

You really need to describe what you're streaming and the environments to determine what you need.