Example here:
http://tallasseetvlivebeta.blogspot.com/
Format 4 of the combo widget.
click on the video tab over chat.
The video tab displays :
Video Library - - - - - Livestreamlogo
Thumbnails of the on demand library folder structure

If viewers click on "Video Library" they get the following error message:
The URL http://livestream.com/tallasseetimes...uichannel-name cannot be viewed inside a frame, you will be redirected.

Of course not everyone gets redirected unless they are the pc owner or supply the owners password, or click on various error messages.

Also, the viewer is filled with part of the channel's livestream page. And the web page has to be refreshed to restore your video.

And, once taken to the livestream page the "On-Demand" video library is not displayed there. Instead, a line of thumbnails is displayed below the live video. They have no relation to the "On-Demand" video library. They are just a list of the most recient recordings, even those that were mistakes or short tests of the equipment before the actual broadcasts.

I can see NO reason to be directed to the livestream page to see the On-Demand videos. All of the On-Demand videos are already displayed in the embedded player, right below the broken "Video Library" link, simply click on one of the thumbnails and the folder will open or the video will play right in the embedded player.

Please get rid of the "Video Library" link in the video tab of the chat/video frame.

Bob Grosh Producer of Tallasseetimes.

Last edited by tallasseetimes; 3rd November 2010 at 19:53. Reason: added additional info
Old 7th November 2010, 22:33
Livestream Community Help

I tested with ComboWidget and selected the first layout which places the chat on the right side. I select Preview so I can preview the widget. Next to B I U, I select the color chip and pick a color. It seems the right side of the chips are not visible in the Preview.

This your embed?
http://www.tallasseetv.com/

Safari 5.0.2 Mac says "widget too small"

Firefox 3.6.10 Mac I see 20 rows across and the 20th row is slightly truncated but visible.

Internet Explorer 8 Windows I see 20 rows across and the 20th row is slightly truncated but visible.

Firefox 3.6.10 Windows I see 20 rows across and the 20th row is slightly truncated but visible.

It's 12x20 which is 240, not 256 and Safari Mac doesn't show the embed properly at all.

Can you confirm which browser you checked in? I want to make sure you're seeing exactly what I'm seeing. It doesn't look like an entire third is missing though. It sure does look like the embed has issues.
Old 7th November 2010, 22:45

Tested
FireFox 3.6.10 Mac - Confirmed Error as you describe.

Safari 5.0.2 Mac - Widget Size Too Small so I can not test due to a blocking issue.

FireFox 3.6.10 Windows - It works without issue.

Internet Explorer 8 Windows - It works without issue.

I know you're frustrated with the bugs but you should be include browser and OS you are testing with because if one of use test with a different browser we may not see the issue. As noted above, I'm only seeing the issue you describe with FireFox Mac and another issue with Safari Mac. I had no issue on Windows. On Windows clicking on Video next to chat allow me to see the folders and select and play videos.

Please post the the OS and Browser versions you see the issue with.
Old 8th November 2010, 08:51

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Thumbs up

Also looks fine in Google Chrome 7.0.517.41 on Win 7. I can see a full color chart.
Old 8th November 2010, 16:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
I tested with ComboWidget and selected the first layout which places the chat on the right side. I select Preview so I can preview the widget. Next to B I U, I select the color chip and pick a color. It seems the right side of the chips are not visible in the Preview.

This your embed?
http://www.tallasseetv.com/

Safari 5.0.2 Mac says "widget too small"

Firefox 3.6.10 Mac I see 20 rows across and the 20th row is slightly truncated but visible.

Internet Explorer 8 Windows I see 20 rows across and the 20th row is slightly truncated but visible.

Firefox 3.6.10 Windows I see 20 rows across and the 20th row is slightly truncated but visible.

It's 12x20 which is 240, not 256 and Safari Mac doesn't show the embed properly at all.

Can you confirm which browser you checked in? I want to make sure you're seeing exactly what I'm seeing. It doesn't look like an entire third is missing though. It sure does look like the embed has issues.
Well. It was cuting off a third. While waiting for a fix, I converted the channl to 16:9 aspect. I had to make the viewer wider. You'll notice that the is wider than the rest of the web page at www.tallasseeTV.com and actually extends out into the right margin. Extend an imaginary line from the right edge of the header graphic stright down to the right edge of the first ad below the player and when you select the color it cuts off the right third.

Since I stretched the video to 16:9 and made the viewer wider so that there are no black bars arround the video, I am seeing EXACTLY what you see.

As the page shows NOW, just the very edge of the color selector is shave off.
I can't seem to fix that without making the viewer wider or shorter. If I do either, the 16:9 ratio video (actually 512:288 pixels) will not fit properly and get padded with black bars above and below, or left and right, of the video.

The old viewer does not have this problem, regardless of the size of the viewer. Look at this old embedded viewer at http://www.networkalabama.com/p/netal06.html

You can see that the old player doesn't ever cut off the edge of the color selector.
NOTCE WHY!
The order of the buttons for chat has changed
The OLD player is [COLOR SELECTOR] [Bold] [Italic] [Underline]
The NEW player is [Bold] [Italic] [Underline] [COLOR SELECTOR]

With color selector on the right end in the new player, it is closer to the right edge and was probably not re-scaled to account for it's new position.

Just moving the color button to the beginning of the line will probably fix this problem for bot 4:3 and 16:9 embedded players.

As to which browser. IE, and I have checked thses test pages in foxfire and Safari with the same results you experienced.

I have a beta test page for that channel. if you look at it you will see how much work it will be to convert all the web pages where the new embedded player be. I have to make new graphics, and reformat the pages to accomidate the new player. http://www.tallasseetvlivebeta.blogspot.com/
Considering all the work, I don't relish converting more than 45 pages that have embedded players.
You can see more of my pages with the old embedded players at www.networkalabama.com
And worse still, there are other webmasters that have my Livestream clips ebedded in them in a dozen more pages. Unless the new old players seamlessly migrate to the new players, I see myself spending the next six months helping them convert over.

You can alos go to a test page I created so you can see some of the other problems with the new player, it is at http://interactivealabama.blogspot.com/

Have fun.

If you want or expedite the fixing of these bugs, you can call me at 850 893 6667, However, please don't call between 5am and 9am or 7pm and 9pm M-F or noon till 10 pm on friday, as I am broadcasting live on one channel or another during those times. (all times are central)

Bob Grosh, Producer, TallasseeTimes.
Old 9th November 2010, 12:31

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Lightbulb

Bob,

I see what you mean now about the color palette getting cut at the right edge on the new embed.

Have you opened a support ticket with Livestream regarding these widgets?

They would surely be interested in fixing them as it will also help many others that have embeds that will soon be switched over to the new player.

Thanks!
Old 9th November 2010, 12:53

Sorry, no I haven't opened a ticket for this or the last nine problems I reported on this forum.

I tried several times to report problems, but, either it would not allow me access or, when it did, I got no reply, Checking the status of the tickets either showed then as suspended or they just disapear. I sometimes get better responses here.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:48
Administrator

Bob, this is very helpful - for future reference it helps if when reporting issues like this you provide specific steps to replicate as you did here. It looks like this was the difficulty with the ticket you had opened, but I see that it was responded to.

In terms of the below steps, I can now see the issue you are referring to with the colors being cut off in the widget preview and have escalated this, in regards the other issues you have reported, they are on many different threads and are in many cases unclearly documented which makes it very difficult for us to replicate and quickly resolve.

If you can provide more concrete steps so we can see exactly how you are using the embedded player and exactly what is causing for any additional issues we can investigate further. And if you let me know what other issues you had with tickets I will look into that as well.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 14th November 2010, 22:22

Bob,
Especially when it comes to embed include Browser and Version and OS and Version as this can impact what support sees. Also if you had to do something to change the channel or embed in any way, include that too so support doesn't think it's fixed.
Old 17th November 2010, 08:59

Default What happened to the Nov 15 deadline

I thought the old player would be retired Nov.15th.

I have been on standby for 2 days in case there were any issues.

This morning, all the old embedded players are still working.
They work in IE and Foxfire
Full screen still works, even with chat on the full screen video.
Full screen still works after an ad plays.
On demand still works perfectly.
The Livestream logo is on the bar above the video.
The buttons below the video are all visible and work.
The rounded corners, shadow and gradiant still show up.
Users can still press "now" on the google video ads, even on 4:3 aspect videos.
All the buttons, including the green one show up when users change chat nickname without having to scroll down.
The chrome settings are still gradiant's, not solid.
Chat background colors are still what I selected, not white.
Users can still select any color for their nickname.

So, when will the new viewer replace the old embedded viewers?

I need to clear my schedule to handle all the calls.

Bob Grosh, producer.

Tags
kicked, old player, player, the old