Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Cameras & Equipment

Old 11th October 2010, 06:40

Default HELP! Best settings for professional equipment...

Hello! Some days ago we tested livestream to broadcast a live opera show. We used five hd cameras, the mixer was directly connected with a pc 64 bit Athlon Quad core. We used Flash Media Live Encoder with 800 Kbps/V6 settings. Livestream setting was 700 Kbps/V6 and 500 Kbps/V6 in the second part of the test because the video was not fluent on the web. I need a good suggestion about software and additional hardware for a good standard streaming in the best quality is possible. Can someone help me? Thank you! Ciao. Riccardo

Last edited by tcbo01; 12th October 2010 at 04:19.
Old 18th October 2010, 13:49

Default Thoughts on multicamera shoots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbo01 View Post
Hello! Some days ago we tested livestream to broadcast a live opera show. We used five hd cameras, the mixer was directly connected with a pc 64 bit Athlon Quad core. We used Flash Media Live Encoder with 800 Kbps/V6 settings. Livestream setting was 700 Kbps/V6 and 500 Kbps/V6 in the second part of the test because the video was not fluent on the web. I need a good suggestion about software and additional hardware for a good standard streaming in the best quality is possible. Can someone help me? Thank you! Ciao. Riccardo
Are you using Wirecast? Do you have a video switcher in front of your encoder feeding Procaster? You are using PC? Aside from the HW, BW, SW and Camera quality, how is the lighting? All these things play together.
Old 21st October 2010, 11:23

Guess you have your mixer hooked up to a capturecard in your PC? Try Procaster should work, it can see my Black Magic Intensity Pro card. FMLE in my experience doesīnt work so good with Livestream. Over at Justin.tv it works really good but not here for some reason.

Setup Procaster to 800 kbps, 25 fps and 1280*720. These settings work good for me and Iīm on DSL modem. My channel stream just as good as the best here, in my opinion anyway. Donīt know if you can call it HD but real HD and for that matter even good fullscreen video is just not realistic yet.

Tags
equipment, flash media encoder, hardware, procaster, software