Old 3rd October 2010, 09:50

Default Twitter and Facebook in embedded players

In the channel's page on Livestream.com the chat part supports chatting in Livestream, Facebook, and Twitter. But in the embeddable player and chat widgets only Livestreamä's chat is supported.

It would be nice and useful if social chats were available in the embeddable stuff too.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by westreamu View Post
In the channel's page on Livestream.com the chat part supports chatting in Livestream, Facebook, and Twitter. But in the embeddable player and chat widgets only Livestreamä's chat is supported.

It would be nice and useful if social chats were available in the embeddable stuff too.
Why?
I tried the facebook chat the other day. It took up to eight minutes for entries to show up in the player's chat window. The twitter one? well. I coulden't even get it to work.

For th life of me, I can't figure out why these are even offered. Why would I want to restrict my viewers to only those who sign up to livestream, facebook or twitter? Is is so much better to just let them enter a nickname and chat away.

What am I missing?

Bob Grosh, TallasseeTimes at TallasseeTV.com
Old 1st July 2011, 15:57

I really wish this worked and was available in the embed player. It works great in Ustream.tv's service. The advantage is that people's posts also go to the FB/Twitter accounts, which helps advertise your show.