Old 16th September 2010, 08:02

Default Problem with video settings

Okay. I'm planning to live-stream a handheld game using Livestream Procaster for Mac soon, but I've hit a snag.

My computer isn't that good (it's a standard iMac), so Procaster suggested I lower the FPS settings for my webcam. I went into the Video tab, then clicked Settings, and fiddled with the FPS. I clicked OK when I was done, but Procaster won't save any changes I made, and my stream's quality is pretty shot to hell and back, pardon my language.

I realize that this is a very novice problem I'm having, but it'd be great if somebody could help me out on this.

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th September 2010, 00:16

Lutris,
Check your upload speed!! that could be a prob. FPS will train down by itself.. try setting it down to 25 or even 22. You might want to set your audio sampling rate to 22050 and target bitrate down to 48 or 40. Audio eats a lot of bandwidth.

Procaster is in Beta and does not do well at holding setting past your current session. That is something you need to reset each time.

Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutris View Post
Okay. I'm planning to live-stream a handheld game using Livestream Procaster for Mac soon, but I've hit a snag.

My computer isn't that good (it's a standard iMac), so Procaster suggested I lower the FPS settings for my webcam. I went into the Video tab, then clicked Settings, and fiddled with the FPS. I clicked OK when I was done, but Procaster won't save any changes I made, and my stream's quality is pretty shot to hell and back, pardon my language.

I realize that this is a very novice problem I'm having, but it'd be great if somebody could help me out on this.

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th September 2010, 21:11
Livestream Community Help

Check upload speed here.
http://www.speedtest.net/

Is the webcam you're using a built in iSight or an external webcam?