Old 3rd September 2010, 04:18

Default Mobile with Adobe FMLE

Is it possible to get my stream on mobile livestream page but using FMLE instead of procaster? Like add a parameter at the end of the rtmp url?
Old 19th September 2010, 20:31
Livestream Community Help

I'd like to do this in Telestream Wirecast as well.

The stream needs to be directed to a server that can take and appropriately sized (iPhone compatible) stream from H.264 codec and run through a segmented encoder for HTTP streaming.

I do know, for example, that servers such as Wowza, can take an FMLE or Wirecast stream and process so it can be sent as both flash and iPhone compatible so, ideally, it shouldn't be "appliance" dependent.
Old 10th October 2010, 17:36

Send a message via AIM to scpdny

i too would certainly like to see the metrics required to get FMLE (command line) to work instead of procaster for the mobile directory listing.
procaster uses way too many CPU cycles when running (95%+) on an old winXP pro laptop than FMLE does (30%).
i have tried multiple times to copy the metrics captured from wireshark and apply them in FMLE but i cannot get this to work correctly.
having to use the CPU hungry procaster just to get listed in "m.livestream.com" is a real pain in the ass.
Old 15th October 2010, 18:49

Totally agree, would like to use my own encoder and submit the stream to livestream.com
Old 16th October 2010, 09:41

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

FYI folks, the default channel pages at livestream.com are viewable on Android devices equipped with the Adobe Flash plug-in. I'll admit it would be nice to
be able to stream to Apple devices as well, alternatively from the FLME, Wirecast or QT Broadcaster via the segmenters currently being used on Procaster streams.
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:31

Send a message via AIM to scpdny
Default email reply:

support email i received to my question:

Thank you for contacting Livestream.Unfortunately,making a channel mobile compatible is not possible with FMLE.This can only be done through procaster only .You can select "High+Mobile quality" or "Normal+Mobile quality" according to your channel settings and available bandwidth. Let me know if you continue to experience problems. Best Regards, Alok Pattnaik Livestream Producer Support
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:20

This makes sense, since Livestream supports their own software, Procaster, for streaming to Apple devices when live.

As previously mentioned, the good news for Android users is that the stream can be viewed from the channel page in the Android browser with the Flash plug-in installed, at any time, even when the channel is not broadcasting "live". This is, of course, providing you have the proper bandwidth for your device when viewing it.
Old 27th May 2011, 08:45

Here is your solution.

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...ith_Livestream
Old 27th May 2011, 10:10

Right, make sure you use the AAC audio codec (included in Mac OS) and add /iphone=true to your FMS URL.
That should do it.
Old 27th September 2011, 23:04

Default Aac

Hi David.

So if we're using adobe FMLE on a Mac we don't need to buy the encoder? We just need to set the video to H.264 and stream? Also where exactly do we need to type the iphone=true into? At the end of the whole livestream code thing we put into adobe FMLE? Thank you for the help if you can provide the answers,