Old 19th August 2010, 13:12

Question Black screen when streaming

I'm having trouble streaming Starcraft 2 and and League of Legends. when I am streaming it looks fine on my mini screen, but the viewers are only seeing a black screen and hearing weird noise. I've messed with the video quality and it doesn't change, but at random times on different qualities it does work for a little bit, then goes back to the black screen. What do I go?
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:18
Livestream Community Help

What version of OS and Procaster?
Try making your computer screen size 1024x768 or smaller.
Old 25th August 2010, 19:37

I have Windows 7 and I have what ever the latest version is, I just installed it.
Old 30th August 2010, 08:07

Still no help??
Old 30th August 2010, 09:36
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupconner View Post
I'm having trouble streaming Starcraft 2 and and League of Legends. when I am streaming it looks fine on my mini screen, but the viewers are only seeing a black screen and hearing weird noise. I've messed with the video quality and it doesn't change, but at random times on different qualities it does work for a little bit, then goes back to the black screen. What do I go?
Hello,

If you can, please send us your procaster logs to procaster@livestream.com

Also please send us the overall specs of your computer, and the results from www.speedtest.net
Old 29th November 2010, 11:52

Default Black screen when playing games?

I tried to stream when I was playing a game.
I tabbed out from the game and took a look at my channel's stream but it's all black when I'm in the game and I wait a little bit and see myself tabbing out to Windows and then the screen is normal, streaming my desktop.

what am I doing wrong?
Old 29th November 2010, 14:15
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menteroth View Post
I tried to stream when I was playing a game.
I tabbed out from the game and took a look at my channel's stream but it's all black when I'm in the game and I wait a little bit and see myself tabbing out to Windows and then the screen is normal, streaming my desktop.

what am I doing wrong?
What game are you trying to stream? Are you using game mode to stream, or desktop capture.
Old 5th December 2010, 17:51

Unhappy Black Screen in game, but audio works...

So I've been trying to get directdraw games to work for Procaster for the past couple of hours. I know I have to use capture desktop as opposed to capture game, but when I do this all I recieve is a black screen (I can see the game, however the viewers see nothing but black), but the games audio is crystal clear.

If it's of any use, the game I'm attempting to stream is Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland. I saw a guy stream this last year using Livestream so I know it's gotta be possible, I just hope you guys will be able to provide a solution.
Old 14th December 2010, 19:37

Default same here

similar problem on my end. while trying to stream starcraft 2 audio usually goes through but video is occasionally just black. i've tried tweaking the settings and have succeeded with normal/low settings but would like to be able to stream better if possible.. is it even possible? don't know much in the field. =\

specs
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor 2.8 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Tested download and upload from the site recommended
Old 15th December 2010, 22:24

alright.. so a quick update.. i've tried different settings and this is what i've been getting.. in hd/high/normal/low quality gaming mode i am getting video and sound but the mouse cursor doesn't show.. when i am in desktop mode i can see the cursor and hear the sounds but no video when i'm in game.. just a black screen.. still going to keep trying and tweaking with the settings..

Tags
black, screen