Old 18th July 2011, 07:48

Default Procaster and EasyCAP

Hello!

I'd like to say first that i like Procaster. It's the best live streaming program i've used still. I use it quite much to broadcast my gameplays via EasyCAP (USB video capturing device).

However, when i updated the Procaster, the Procaster can't find the EasyCAP (USB 2861 device) anymore... It did before the update. I tried to reinstall both Procaster and the drivers of EasyCAP already with no avail. However, when i tried to use the browser broadcaster of Livestream, it found EasyCAP, and showed a footage of it (wrong resolution though...). I also tried it on another program which can capture the footage (WinDVR 3). It showed the footage, too. I believe that the update somehow ruined this.

So, any help?
Old 19th July 2011, 07:51
Livestream Procaster Support

Uhkham, this problem is resolved in the beta, you can get the beta from this thread: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7182

Last edited by RonaldH; 19th July 2011 at 13:50.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldH View Post
Unkham, this problem is resolved in the beta, you can get the beta from this thread: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7182
Much appreciated from the beta version link. However, although it now recognizes EasyCAP, it doesn't show sound or video. "Lost Signal," it says. Yet again, any other program finds it and shows the video and audio signals.

Oh, and it's Uhkam... not Unkham or Ukham or Uhka. I wonder how many times i've said that in MSN and other forums...
Old 19th July 2011, 13:55

uhkam, First sorry for the misspelling, I adjusted my post.
For the rest, you need to go into the preferences, then go to the video tab, and then click settings next to the easycap.
Select the correct size and click save.
After clicking save, you can click cropping to see the input.

If you still don't see the image. Please reply back with which driver you are using and the input format.

As for the Audio, it's an easycap, they are known for their problems with audio. Most people use a joiner like this: http://www.musiclab.it/ebay/cavetti/2pinjackpic.jpg to take in the audio through the Line in or Microphone port of their pc.
Old 21st July 2011, 08:10

First of all, i have already tried both what you did for audio and video. No change, the problem persists.

If you're asking what EasyCAP driver i'm using, it's 60+. If you mean graphics driver, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512.

And for audio, yes, i know this problem, and i have that ind of splitter. I use it. More what's in my concern is the video.
Old 21st July 2011, 19:02

Sorry for the late response, which Signal is coming into the device? PAL or NTSC?
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:25

Never mind, problem fixed. All i needed was to restart the computer.

Thank you for your help.

PS: PAL
Old 24th August 2011, 11:52

I have been having a similar dilemma. I downloaded the beta, and problem solved. It is good to see that the dev team is on top of things. I have been having issues lately with my audio. I think that it has something to do with the speakers, so I think I am just going to replace them. I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the Klipsch products, and would you recommend them? Thank you.

Last edited by Debberz; 30th September 2011 at 14:17.