Old 16th August 2010, 00:38

Default Audio skipping/lagging

Ever since the update to the ProCaster two weeks ago, the audio I broadcasted has been choppy, continually skipping. It's not something changed on my end, and it's not a matter of quality or bit-rate, because I used the same exact settings three weeks ago and the audio worked just fine.

Is this something on LiveStream's end, or is there a setting I can change to fix it?

I am on Windows 7, 64-bit.
Old 16th August 2010, 10:04
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
Ever since the update to the ProCaster two weeks ago, the audio I broadcasted has been choppy, continually skipping. It's not something changed on my end, and it's not a matter of quality or bit-rate, because I used the same exact settings three weeks ago and the audio worked just fine.

Is this something on LiveStream's end, or is there a setting I can change to fix it?

I am on Windows 7, 64-bit.
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us. If you can, i need you to provide me with a few things. I need to know exactly what audio devices you are using, the specs of your computer, and a link to a sample where you are having this audio skipping issue. If you get this while broadcasting live, please let me know a time where I can monitor while your broadcast. Please send all this information and your logs to procaster@livestream.com with this thread title in the subject line, and a link to this forum thread.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:53

Default Choppy Skipping Audio

I'm having the same problem. After upgrading to Procaster 20.0.95.v, I can't get a good audio stream no matter what settings I use. We have a Premium account, but can't get even the most basic or compressed audio to work without skipping and chopping up. I've tried onvp6, h264, lowering the audio and video quality, but still no luck. It's running off Windows XP, 1.6 GHz MacBook Pro, 2.72 GB RAM, Cirrus Logic HD Audio. It works fine on Mac, but used to work OK on the PC and failed us during a broadcast. Here's an example:

http://www.livestream.com/gouchercol...d-0a5cd39f6b29

I will send an email also. I wish phone support was offered w/ premium service. I started a ticket. Thanks in advance for your response.

John
Old 14th October 2010, 18:14
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joper001 View Post
I'm having the same problem. After upgrading to Procaster 20.0.95.v, I can't get a good audio stream no matter what settings I use. We have a Premium account, but can't get even the most basic or compressed audio to work without skipping and chopping up. I've tried onvp6, h264, lowering the audio and video quality, but still no luck. It's running off Windows XP, 1.6 GHz MacBook Pro, 2.72 GB RAM, Cirrus Logic HD Audio. It works fine on Mac, but used to work OK on the PC and failed us during a broadcast. Here's an example:

http://www.livestream.com/gouchercol...d-0a5cd39f6b29

I will send an email also. I wish phone support was offered w/ premium service. I started a ticket. Thanks in advance for your response.

John
Thank you for the email. I will send them to the development team and hope to have a solution soon.

Tags
audio