Old 15th August 2010, 22:49

Default Procaster - Broadcast Audio WITHOUT Ventrilo?

I have had a look around the forum and haven't found a thread with a similar issue.

Basically, I have no problem broadcasting my desktop with sound in Procaster, but I do not wish to broadcast my Ventrilo audio as it causes echoing for my friends who are viewing (they hear people speak in ventrilo then hear it again inside the stream etc).

Is there a way to disable specific applications (such as Ventrilo) from being broadcast, whilst still being able to hear them through my headset?
Old 16th August 2010, 00:33
Livestream Community Help

Are you using Procaster 20.0.75? Look at its built in mixer function.
Also look at the mixer function in your OS.
Old 16th August 2010, 01:19

Yeah, I've played with the mixer but it does not allow me to change the volume of a particular application, only the volume of different audio devices.

I cannot mute Ventrilo on Windows 7s mixer because then I cannot hear it myself, which does not solve my problem.

Essentially, I need to hear ventrilo while people on the stream cannot.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 19th August 2010, 14:35

Check the box at the bottom of Ventrillo that says "Mute Microphone"
Old 20th August 2010, 09:09

Thanks for your reply, but again, that isn't the issue. My apologies if I am not explaining correctly.

Basically, Procaster streams all of the sound from my speakers to the livestream. This includes the sound of my friends talking on Ventrilo. I do not wish for people watching the stream to be able to hear my friends, but I DO want to talk to and hear them.

The mixer in Procaster allows you to prevent your microphone from being broadcast, which works great. The problem is that it is also broadcasting Ventrilo conversations.

It would be fantastic if it had a software mixer option, instead of just a device/hardware mixer.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 20th August 2010, 10:40
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJaie View Post
Thanks for your reply, but again, that isn't the issue. My apologies if I am not explaining correctly.

Basically, Procaster streams all of the sound from my speakers to the livestream. This includes the sound of my friends talking on Ventrilo. I do not wish for people watching the stream to be able to hear my friends, but I DO want to talk to and hear them.

The mixer in Procaster allows you to prevent your microphone from being broadcast, which works great. The problem is that it is also broadcasting Ventrilo conversations.

It would be fantastic if it had a software mixer option, instead of just a device/hardware mixer.

Thanks again everyone!
Right now, software mixing isn't an option. But I will let the Dev team know about this and see if they can develop this option since a few users have asked about it. For the time being the only solution would be to use 2 sound cards. One that captures your Vent, and the other for procaster. In the Audio mixer you will just disable the audio coming out of the sound device set for Vent.
Old 21st August 2010, 00:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Right now, software mixing isn't an option. But I will let the Dev team know about this and see if they can develop this option since a few users have asked about it. For the time being the only solution would be to use 2 sound cards. One that captures your Vent, and the other for procaster. In the Audio mixer you will just disable the audio coming out of the sound device set for Vent.
Ah, I understand. Thanks very much for your reply!
Old 21st August 2010, 17:46

Just posting a quick update.

I set up dual sound cards and it solved my problem. For those with similar issues, here is what I did (as coryfrans suggested):

Card 1 > System Sounds > Speakers > Stream
Card 2 > Ventrilo Only > Headphones + Mic

It's a little awkward because I have to leave one of the headphone earpieces out to hear my system sounds through my speakers, but it is still a solution.

A software mixer for Procaster would be ideal, but for now I thank everyone for their advice.

Last edited by InsaneJaie; 21st August 2010 at 18:11.
Old 23rd January 2011, 18:13

Default Any headway?

It's been several months and I find myself directed to this topic to find a solution, my only options are muting vent, having vent in the livestream, or buying an audio card.

VAC doesn't work for me here :/ Just want to know if this will ever be implemented.
Old 24th January 2011, 20:02
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIcePhD View Post
It's been several months and I find myself directed to this topic to find a solution, my only options are muting vent, having vent in the livestream, or buying an audio card.

VAC doesn't work for me here :/ Just want to know if this will ever be implemented.
We don't currently have an ETA on this, DrIcePhD.

Tags
audio, help sound, mic, procaster, soud, speakers, vent, ventrilo