Old 9th August 2010, 23:14

Thumbs down Who Exactly IS The LiveStream Verification Team?

Why is it that whenever a new channel arises, verification is completely out of the question no matter how "qualified" a channel is (in my opinion). Why is it that a channel, constantly brimming with max viewers, training toward half a million viewer minutes, and hours of content already in the library, UNQUALIFIED FOR VERIFICATION? HOW LARGE DOES A CHANNEL HAVE TO BE TO BE "QUALIFIED?" WHO IS THE LIVESTREAM VERIFICATION TEAM, AND WHY DO THEY REFUSE TO VERIFY CHANNELS AFTER DOZENS OF REQUESTS? AND FINALLY, HOW DOES IT MAKE LOGICAL SENSE TO CRIPPLE A FLEDGLING CHANNEL BY CAPPING THEIR VIEWER COUNT, AND HAVE THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY TO BE RID OF THIS CLUTCH GROW AND QUALIFY AS A CHANNEL (SOMETHING COMPLETELY OUT OF REACH BECAUSE OF THE VIEWER LIMIT IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHAT A NICE CATCH-22!)

-Sincerely,
A Very Angry LiveStream Patron Who Is Speaking On Behalf Of Hundreds (Who Also Misses Mogulus)

EDIT: Excuse the CAPS LOCK, yet since this forum apparently fails to support bold, italics, or underlining, I felt that having LARGE LETTERS was the only option to describe emphasis.

Last edited by DeeCeeJay; 9th August 2010 at 23:18.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:18

I completely agree with this man. I'm the owner of a channel, and we've been trying very hard to get our new channel verified, but yet with Livestream's tight grip over everything, it makes a new channel completely impossible to qualify as "verifiable"
Our channel gpm_streamin has been trying tireless to get "verified", but to no avail.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:19

I can't help but agree in this case. I've noticed this in several newer streams, and I'm not quite sure what the qualifications are to be approved. When a stream consistantly has maximum viewers (and still people keep refreshing to get in), has a boatload of quality content, and a large fanbase, how can it be rejected without at least contacting the stream creator with any issues they may have rather than a bland, form reply sheet?
Old 9th August 2010, 23:20

I agree with this post. What exactly are the criteria that need to be met in order for a channel to be considered "qualified"? It seems very arbitrary to me. You would think that the website would encourage and embrace growing channels. Kinda unfair to reject a channel multiple times and not even give a definitive reason why.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:24

Angry

I agree with the OP because a new channel would be very confused as to why a stream with several hours maybe even days of content would be denied a verification only to be met with an automated response of 'not enough content' or 'we cant at this time' instead of a personal reply explaining why the channel cannot be verified. Plus the 50 person lock on a channel is brutal if they stream content often and advertise to get viewers only to shut people out because unverified channels can only hold a meager 50 people.
Not to act like an old man, but in the days of Mogulus, stuff like this would never ever happen.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:31

I've been to quite a few streams recently that were having this problem. Maybe Livestream is just getting too lazy to actually see what streams deserve to be verified and what streams do not.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:35

Oh, and to the LiveStream Support Team, don't you dare try and mask down this with an automated, pre-written response thats supposed to appease our need for an answer, redirecting us to FAQs and Information Pages we've already read with little relevance to our own situation. Posting like that will only dig your reputation further down, nearly proving my point that the "LiveStream Verification Team" is a broken heap of code and script who that can't drag its cursor centimeters over the "NO" button to the "YES". If you want us to calm down, please respond as a sensible human being would. Typed out, and relevant to the question at hand.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:40

Exclamation

Oh look, the GPM stream team decided to get together and complain about being unverified. What is this, your eleventh lock now? If you read the notification that GPM posted in the chat it cited a lack of new things as part of the reason why you stay unverified. Do yourselves a favor and start streaming new things, you may have a lot of viewer minutes but all that goes on is the same "blocks" of old videos again and again with a core of users talking to themselves all day. Take to heart what was said instead of just having a hissy fit together over not being verified. You might surprise yourselves with how quickly you do get verified.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodiumChlorideExpress View Post
Oh look, the GPM stream team decided to get together and complain about being unverified. What is this, your eleventh lock now? If you read the notification that GPM posted in the chat it cited a lack of new things as part of the reason why you stay unverified. Do yourselves a favor and start streaming new things, you may have a lot of viewer minutes but all that goes on is the same "blocks" of old videos again and again with a core of users talking to themselves all day. Take to heart what was said instead of just having a hissy fit together over not being verified. You might surprise yourselves with how quickly you do get verified.
Cool assumption. Just because one stream has this problem doesn't mean other streams don't.

Last edited by Projeck420; 9th August 2010 at 23:47. Reason: cuz
Old 9th August 2010, 23:49

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projeck420 View Post
Cool assumption. Just because one stream has this problem doesn't mean other streams don't.

Nice edit bro. I fixed it for you;

"Cool assumption. Just because one stream has this problem doesn't mean other streams don't. What is this dat stream crap anyway?"

I never said Dat stream.

P.S; Hi stream. :3c
Closed Thread

Tags
complaint, livestream, mogulus, verification