Old 16th August 2008, 20:12

Default Pro VS Beta

What will the main differences be between the pro and the beta version? Roughly, what will the cost be?
Old 17th August 2008, 01:18

From what I've gathered from talking to the support team, there will be no advertisements (probably the main advantage), no Mogulus branding, private broadcasts, as well as other features. It is intended to be affordable and you will pay for only the bandwidth you use versus an all you can eat deal. (I believe)
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsd View Post
From what I've gathered from talking to the support team, there will be no advertisements (probably the main advantage), no Mogulus branding, private broadcasts, as well as other features. It is intended to be affordable and you will pay for only the bandwidth you use versus an all you can eat deal. (I believe)
I hope it dosen't go by bandwidth. That would stop a lot of ppl from obtaining a large audience. I know this is live video... other video sites do not charge by the amount you are viewed if anything you should be rewarded. it should be a flat rate.

I mean, what if it was affordable at first and all of a sudden I'm the next Internet craze the next day and i get hit with 10,000 viewers. all of a sudden my little project becomes a huge bill.... the whole idea is that you don't have to be a big company to run your own channel.

Any way there will still be a free service that uses bandwidth too. So that doesn't even make sense.

Last edited by drewcifer; 3rd September 2008 at 13:07.
Old 6th September 2008, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcifer View Post
I hope it dosen't go by bandwidth. That would stop a lot of ppl from obtaining a large audience. I know this is live video... other video sites do not charge by the amount you are viewed if anything you should be rewarded. it should be a flat rate.

I mean, what if it was affordable at first and all of a sudden I'm the next Internet craze the next day and i get hit with 10,000 viewers. all of a sudden my little project becomes a huge bill.... the whole idea is that you don't have to be a big company to run your own channel.

Any way there will still be a free service that uses bandwidth too. So that doesn't even make sense.
Another important thing to remember if it really IS by bandwidth is that it isn't hard to really screw someone over by purposefully getting their viewer count extremely high in a matter of minutes (thus using a lot of bandwidth) - the same as DDoS'ing a site. Meaning it would be extremely easy to 'attack' someone and leave them with a VERY huge bill, so I doubt (read:hope) thats not their plan of how to charge with this.

edit - also, you shouldnt be charged for bringing people here (having a lot of viewers shouldnt cost more), as its getting this site more attention and more well known. So charging like that wouldn't make any sense. It should be set up as two options - a monthly fee or a yearly fee for those who want to pay a lump sum with a little bit cheaper than if you pay for 12 months individually.

Last edited by CurryButt; 6th September 2008 at 15:58.
Old 29th October 2008, 01:38

I would guess that a "per-bandwidth" charge plan would be for UPLOADED or STREAMED bandwidth, and not a "per user" or outgoing bandwidth charge.

In other words, if you do a one hour show every day with 1000 viewers you would pay the same as the guy who does a one hour show every day with 10,000 viewers.
Old 29th October 2008, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryButt View Post
Another important thing to remember if it really IS by bandwidth is that it isn't hard to really screw someone over by purposefully getting their viewer count extremely high in a matter of minutes (thus using a lot of bandwidth) - the same as DDoS'ing a site. Meaning it would be extremely easy to 'attack' someone and leave them with a VERY huge bill, so I doubt (read:hope) thats not their plan of how to charge with this.

edit - also, you shouldnt be charged for bringing people here (having a lot of viewers shouldnt cost more), as its getting this site more attention and more well known. So charging like that wouldn't make any sense. It should be set up as two options - a monthly fee or a yearly fee for those who want to pay a lump sum with a little bit cheaper than if you pay for 12 months individually.
100% Agree. People could use bots or hacks or who knows what out there just to make your viewer count go up and have you left with a large bill while your thinking your place is hot, when in fact its not.

Anyway didn't I hear before people with beta will get Pro for free? XD
Old 8th November 2008, 09:23

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcifer View Post

I think that Mogulus is realy great and i hope that pro will allow thousands of viewers at a logical and affordable price regards Hayden at Haypro.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:02

will it still be free to beta people?
Old 21st November 2008, 14:21

Thumbs up

justin.tv allows private broadcasts for free. I think Mogulus beta should offer that too.
Old 26th November 2008, 09:57

It would be great if the optional ad-support could keep mogulus pro free, even without branding.

DDoS-wise, this is the case for anyone in the professional sector: for every user, you pay. And there's no real way around this.