Old 7th August 2010, 06:01

Default Stuttering / Buffering on every stream.

Heya.

So for awhile now every livestream stream video has been incredibly laggy, buffering all the time and freezing, sometimes the sound would keep playing but the video will just freeze.

This only happens on livestream, every other streaming site works perfectly fine, ustream, justin.tv. Every single one of them.

My connection is fine, a steady 1.2MB/s connection so I know its not that. I'm able to stream multiple channels at once for other sites, not even one on livestream.

I've tried updating flash, re-installing flash, disabling all ad-dons, using a different browser. Nothing has worked!
As I said this only ever happens on livestream.com. Every other site works perfectly fine without any issues.
Anyone have any idea what to do?

Last edited by NuMs11; 7th August 2010 at 06:31.
Old 7th August 2010, 08:38
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Hi,

Could you go to http://speedtest.net and post the bandwidth results here? Also, what is your location?

Thanks,
Old 7th August 2010, 14:43

Australia, NSW.

This only started happening like 2-3 months ago. Before that livestream was just as good as the other streaming sites.

Old 8th August 2010, 07:14

Still happening!
Old 9th August 2010, 11:00
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuMs11 View Post
Australia, NSW.

This only started happening like 2-3 months ago. Before that livestream was just as good as the other streaming sites.

NuMs11,

Thanks for posting about this issue. Please open up a support ticket by emailing support@livestream.com, or via the contact form on the following URL: https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket
Old 24th August 2010, 17:45

Same here, livestream keeps stuttering. The stream plays about 5-7 seconds of video, then stops and buffers for about 3-5 seconds, then keeps playing. Totally unwatchable.

Every other site works perfectly.(justin, ustream, etc)

I'm in Portugal.

Old 26th August 2010, 00:15

Default Here also: Stuttering/Buffering Stream ...

I'am in Puerto Rico ... What's the difference ?...I can see streams from yahoo and youtube with no problems but livestream at least 'on demand' stutters and buffers, so annoying and unwatchable, and therefore ... expensive! I really would like it to work ...I like the concept ... but, does it really works? .. I can watch other streams with no problems with an internet quality of C or even D, at 2.8 Mbs download, and .7 Mbs uploads. Something needs fixing.
Old 29th August 2010, 15:04

Please run the speedtest linked to above as well as
http://www.pingtest.net/
This will at least confirm your connection locally depending on the server nearest you selected.
If your results are good and do open a support ticket.
Old 29th August 2010, 19:47

Same problem here.Terrible stuttering & unwatchable video, whether live or an autopilot playlist. It wasn't like this a few months ago. Weird thing is the tickers and onscreen graphics work fine - which has created some weird results when the video is frozen and the wrong name appears on the person talking. Maybe Livestream only works in the US (I'm in Australia) - pity, our university was going to go premium, but it looks like a waste of money.
Attached Images
File Type: png speedtest.png (36.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 29th August 2010, 20:23

Try the previously linked pingtest as well. Poor results can happen on that test even if the speed is good.