Old 29th July 2010, 18:14

Default Game mode error "Test DirectX error"

Just installed the latest version of Procaster, and suddenly I have this problem with the Game mode, never had it in the earlier versions. As soon as I hit the game button in the main GUI I get the message "Game mode error Test DirectX error". What I have tested to address this issue, that I could think of, was to update my DirectX, but that didn't work. I have read the FAQs and tried what I could get from them, but neither of that worked aswell. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

I'm running it on Win7 64bit...and one more thing, the "Screen mode" works, I only have a problem with "Game mode".
Old 30th July 2010, 10:18

BUMP. I'm having the same issues as well, and it also happened as soon as i updated the latest procaster.
Old 30th July 2010, 10:25

Like the op also said, I am able to stream just fine while under the Screen Option however if i click Gaming mode it wont work.
Old 30th July 2010, 10:31
Livestream Procaster Support

Hello,

I am currently looking into this issue.

In the meantime, can you please let me know the games you are all playing that gives you this error?
Old 30th July 2010, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Hello,

I am currently looking into this issue.

In the meantime, can you please let me know the games you are all playing that gives you this error?
Fallout 3, L4D2/1, Serious Sam HD1/2, Minecraft, Unreal Tournament 3, Bioshock 2, Alien Swarm, Team Fortress 2, Rocket Knight Adventures, Red Faction G, killing floor

All of them instantly die in game mode soon as I try it

Desktop mode, can't get rid of the green crosshairs cursors

Phenom II X6 1090T, 8gigs DDR2 ram, Radeon 5850 videocard, Win7 x64
Old 30th July 2010, 13:50

Well I don't get this error while trying to stream while playing a game. Let's say I start Procaster before anything else, and at the second I hit the Game mode button I get this error, before I have ever started any game.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamisOMally View Post
Fallout 3, L4D2/1, Serious Sam HD1/2, Minecraft, Unreal Tournament 3, Bioshock 2, Alien Swarm, Team Fortress 2, Rocket Knight Adventures, Red Faction G, killing floor

All of them instantly die in game mode soon as I try it

Desktop mode, can't get rid of the green crosshairs cursors

Phenom II X6 1090T, 8gigs DDR2 ram, Radeon 5850 videocard, Win7 x64
I have tried this with a few games you have listed, and we havent experienced this issue. If you are using steam, please ensure your steam client is up to date. Also Do you log on to procaster before or after you loaded steam?
Old 30th July 2010, 14:46

Steam is always loaded on my PC, and its always up to date

Procaster crashes any game, repeat, ANY game I play when I try game mode
Old 30th July 2010, 14:59

Might i suggest that you shut down steam, start procaster, then start steam to see if this helps. It has helped users in the past, and i am going buy process of elimination to determine what the cause could be. If you can, please send your procaster logs to procaster@livestream.com so we can see what could be happening from procasters end
Old 30th July 2010, 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Might i suggest that you shut down steam, start procaster, then start steam to see if this helps. It has helped users in the past, and i am going buy process of elimination to determine what the cause could be. If you can, please send your procaster logs to procaster@livestream.com so we can see what could be happening from procasters end
I've tried shutting down steam, starting procaster, starting steam, starting game, crash

I've tried starting steam, starting procaster, starting game, only ONE time it didn't crash and it captured some TF2, rest of the time the stream would either turn on them stop right away without capturing anything, or would just crash the game outright, 95% of the time crashes the game outright

Non-steam games I've tried starting procaster, then the game, crash

Tried starting the game, then procaster, crash

Message me on AIM dude, My username is Valagard, I don't want to be playing forum tag all day long, and its quicker to find out the problem thats going on here

EDIT: I emailed the logs

Also after uninstalling, wiping registry, manually deleting all traces of procaster, then installing 65, I was able to run Killing FLoor without it crashing, but TF2 and L4D2 still crashed instantly when trying to game capture

Also, you can't turn off the crosshairs in desktop mode man! This is infuriating

Last edited by ShamisOMally; 30th July 2010 at 15:23.