Go Back   Livestream Forum > Livestream Premium > Premium Questions

View Poll Results: Would you Purchase an Alternative with very little features starting at $10 to $100 ?
Yes - A package starting from $10 to a package as high as $100 would be great! 56 88.89%
No, I do not want to spend any money at all, I am fine with my channel with ads. 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2008, 15:37

Month by month, I have waited for Mogulus pro. I waited to buy pro for a reasonable price, something I could get used to my homepage.

Finally! Mogulus pro has come! First, I check out what is included with the Mogulus pro. Wow! It's fantastic! Okay, now I will buy Mogulus pro.

Huh? I clicked the wrong? Where can I find the checkout pages for people who do not have millions of money?

Exactly, they do not exist. Currently you do not support their loyal users who would possibly pay for something they had looked forward to.

I'm pretty sure that many would like to buy a smaller pro-pack if it had been possible. A pack with less features in.

I'm pretty disappointed. And if you get lower prices gradually so I hope it happens very soon.

It is my opinion about the current prices.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:42
Administrator

For Pro-10 those numbers are across all channels, depending on your needs you can use up to 10 pro channels or choose to use all 200 Gb of bandwidth on one channel. You can also change your Pro channels back to free if you are concerned about going over allotted bandwith.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 4th December 2008, 16:16

Default Pro pricing concerns

So what's everyone doing for their channel's last week of existance?
I mean with the upcoming 10gig limit on free accounts and the unfair price you'd have to pay to maintain your channel as you have been under Pro... let's face it, there'll be no channels left.

Personally, I'm probably putting all of my content on a playlist. I've got about 11 days worth, at least.

Also, let's all share how much we'd have to pay for our channels according to Mogulus's calculator.
I'd be running 5-6 grand per month.

Last edited by AlmightydF; 4th December 2008 at 16:21.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
For Pro-10 those numbers are across all channels, depending on your needs you can use up to 10 pro channels or choose to use all 200 Gb of bandwidth on one channel. You can also change your Pro channels back to free if you are concerned about going over allotted bandwith.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Ben, could you at least talk to the team about a very very small package, if free is unlimited storage, theres only 3 things i'd want for my channel and that would be to remove the ads/water mark, and to hide the channel from the search. This kind of feature should only be offered at such a small price, like $20 a month, this would be such a great thing for some of us that use the channel in such a small way, but I don't mean put it off for future release as its something that could be created within a short time. Call it Mogulus Lite or somethin. Many of us would be willing for sure to pay $20 a month for such small features, even if its $10 a month to just have the ads/watermark removed.

Obviously many Mogulus members are angry at the price, because we were all excited about pro, and we were not given any type of pricing, and seeing $350 per/month has made everyone drop their jaws in shock. By giving us some small features like above for $20 a month, you'd be seeing some good profits coming in as theres many users that afford this, for every person that would buy a Pro, I bet 20 people would purchase a Lite package for $20 or so. Which would add to $400, $20 sounds like a fair price which is for most, cheaper then their ISP, and could easily even obtain the amount by their community if they made donations.

Please take this, and all of us, into consideration, as many of us were willing to pay some money, but not $350...

Last edited by TrunkzJr; 4th December 2008 at 16:41.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:32

Thumbs down Insanity

That seems utterly ridiculous. The whole attraction of Mogulus, to me, was the fun of an average user being able to create a channel, and chat with the viewers. I don't know anybody that would be willing to pay that much of a fee for MMO-TV.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:35

Ben,

My organisation would be happy to pay either of the subscription fees, but the extra bandwidth costs pushes it up to ridiculous amounts of money. This is the kind of money only REAL TV stations can afford. However, they do not need Mogulus as they have their own multi million pound systems in place already. (BBC, SKY, Etc)

I can't help but feel you are pitching yourselves at a market level that is non existent. I've worked out that it will cost us around $700 per hour of broadcasting based on 1,000 viewers.

Sorry, but that is not competitive. Such a shame, we had high hopes for Mogulus!
Old 4th December 2008, 16:44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrvyn View Post
That seems utterly ridiculous. The whole attraction of Mogulus, to me, was the fun of an average user being able to create a channel, and chat with the viewers. I don't know anybody that would be willing to pay that much of a fee for MMO-TV.
yes, I am sad that all of mogulus is becoming is the same as Youtube had become with just careing for the money and not what the "tru" Mogulus people want. I had been on mogulus since when it started in Summer 2007 and saw the growing of mogulus 1 by 1. Now I will try to find another servise or at least do something or abandon.
I think the problem can be fix if the prising are fair and if they are separating to people who just want 1 thing or some things. like for me I would just like the Ads free and more space.
$350 just sound crasy. and also lets not mention the economy on the US, now if people are not gettting paid that mush now, how are we suppose to pay for just a channel that someone may leave there computer on the page and causing you to pay more?
Old 4th December 2008, 17:40

My 2 cents, is that although the price is higher that I anticipated, it's not that much higher than what we were paying with our other solution (Narrowstep.). This is for a professional use, I understand by reading the posts that most users are using it in an amateur/home business model.

My estimator came to aprox 5,000 GB / month, with a price of $7,500 x month for the Pro-1, and $5,000 for the Pro-10 .

But since benhomer is taking some heat, just wanted to post that this is aligned (it is higher not extremely higher) with what I know about industry solutions. At least from the professional (a tv network's website) side.
Old 4th December 2008, 17:59

$20,000 per month for me to stay here!
Old 4th December 2008, 18:05
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrunkzJr View Post
Ben, could you at least talk to the team about a very very small package, if free is unlimited storage, theres only 3 things i'd want for my channel and that would be to remove the ads/water mark, and to hide the channel from the search. This kind of feature should only be offered at such a small price, like $20 a month, this would be such a great thing for some of us that use the channel in such a small way, but I don't mean put it off for future release as its something that could be created within a short time. Call it Mogulus Lite or somethin. Many of us would be willing for sure to pay $20 a month for such small features, even if its $10 a month to just have the ads/watermark removed.

Obviously many Mogulus members are angry at the price, because we were all excited about pro, and we were not given any type of pricing, and seeing $350 per/month has made everyone drop their jaws in shock. By giving us some small features like above for $20 a month, you'd be seeing some good profits coming in as theres many users that afford this, for every person that would buy a Pro, I bet 20 people would purchase a Lite package for $20 or so. Which would add to $400, $20 sounds like a fair price which is for most, cheaper then their ISP, and could easily even obtain the amount by their community if they made donations.

Please take this, and all of us, into consideration, as many of us were willing to pay some money, but not $350...
I would also like a packet like this one and the deletion of the search would be a thing that I would need. there should also be another packet for the HD access as a deposit of more GB storage so like in example if we would want 5gbs more, we can just deposit it in the channel. that would be the best thing.
Closed Thread

Tags
mogulus, nptv, perfect, pricing, pro