Go Back   Livestream Forum > Livestream Premium > Premium Questions

View Poll Results: Would you Purchase an Alternative with very little features starting at $10 to $100 ?
Yes - A package starting from $10 to a package as high as $100 would be great! 56 88.89%
No, I do not want to spend any money at all, I am fine with my channel with ads. 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2008, 12:20

Default Affordable price ?

Hello,
I am the administrator of a French Web-tv and I waited with impatience the Mogulus Pro version. Today, I regret this impatience !

There is a enormous problem :
On one side, we have a free Mogulus version for beginners who wish to have fun on a web-tv with now adverts, a very poor streaming quality and the absence of basic options like the 16/9 player.
And, on the other side, we have the superb Mogulus Pro version, in HD, with a perfect streaming quality, real 16/9 ratio and more options certainly good...
The problem is the persons who will be able to pay this version are big companies (Newspapers, TV,...)

And the semi-pro persons are absolutely nothing ! On a side : beginners, on the other : professionals !

A few couple of months ago, I sent to you an e-mail to ask you when the Mogulus Pro version will be released. You answered me " In 3 months and at a abordable price "
The 3 months have been respected, but I can't see the "abordable" price ! With your estimator, I have made an estimation, If my channel lasts 12 months, I will have pay 12x450$ = 5400$ ! If I save this money in 5 years, I will be able to create my own local channel in France which broadcasts on real televisions !
I think you should have to review and re-think your offer for the persons who are not beginners or not professionals.
Regards,
Eric

Last edited by lifecountry; 4th December 2008 at 12:27.
Old 4th December 2008, 12:37

Thumbs down Imaginary Dangling Carrots....

I am astonished to read the cost estimates many of you have posted here. I checked my cost via the "Estimator" and was a bit shocked as well, though nowhere near as high as many who have thus far posted.

For me, I'll need to find another solution or simply continue with the free service. The 'white label' service is way to expensive for explorers like ourselves who broadcast from the amazon or other remote locations. I had hopes this service would be affordable, less than $100 a month. The cost, though it might be necessary for this company to charge, is an ugly amount for many of us.

Of course, the alternative is to gather advertisers to offset the cost which requires a person dedicated to this.

Sorry Mogulus... I'll have to pass.

Jerry Wills
Xpeditions TV
(Mogulus channel: channel_u)
Old 4th December 2008, 13:06

Thumbs up I agree...

Well stated!
Old 4th December 2008, 13:10

I agree too !
Old 4th December 2008, 13:14

I really don't stream live from my cam much, I just like to watch videos with people in my room and they enjoy our On-demand selection.

If they created a plan that was like $20-$50 like a mini Pro, that would be a little better... At least some of us Avg. people would be able to afford it. $350 to the Avg. person, thats our car payment, thats our food for the month, our gas for the car. I dunno how many Avg. guys are on Mogulus, but I'm sure theres a lot...

Either way, it feels like the end for me with Mogulus. In order for my channel to thrive, we really needed Mogulus pro, and because of their ads, they block our subtitles, even the ticker blocks our subtitles. Mogulus could easily fix this, but they decide to tack it on to their future list, and by then all of our members will have left.

Even if I did manage $350 for each month, its still kinda not worth it, they should of kept it in beta for a while longer and fixed the chat rooms... and 100 other things that need to be fixed/added.

Did anyone see the Magic offer they gave us Beta testers for helping out?

"For those of you that have been patiently waiting for Mogulus Pro, we have two special offers if you sign up now:

* The first ten (10) users that buy a Pro-1 plan get 1,000 GB of free bandwidth or storage - your choice ($1,500 value)
* The first ten (10) users that buy a Pro-10 plan get 10,000 GB of free bandwidth or storage - your choice ($8,000 value)"

Last edited by TrunkzJr; 4th December 2008 at 13:29.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:41

Do you still have this E-mail? This is something that should be rubbed in their face. They totally blew off the Avg. person, no Avg. person will be able to afford $350 a month, even $100 a month is still kinda iffy but still possible.

Something Affordable should be between $10 and $50 a month, cause if they survived with all the beta testers before streaming and Uploading/Importing then they should be fine with an affordable price...

It seems their making more Profit then what it's actually worth...

All I really want is to just not have ads, and to have an actual decent chat room, and to remove my channel from Mogulus search. Something like this should cost $10-20 a month, i am not paying $350 to have ads removed plus extra costs for features I won't even use.....

Last edited by TrunkzJr; 4th December 2008 at 13:49.
Old 4th December 2008, 14:49
Administrator

We put considerable thought into setting the price for Mogulus Pro, and while we are continuing to evaluate the pricing options we do feel it is a reasonable and competitive offering when compared to the other professional live streaming services out there.

For producers who wish not to pay for Pro you are welcome to continue using Mogulus as a free platform supported by advertising, we welcome further discussion and may make other pricing options available in the future. Thank you for your support.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 4th December 2008, 15:07

Default agreed...but wait!

...I'm disappointed too at 350. Even if we got 10 people together and split "Pro 10", 125 a month would still be tough on my end but, probably do-able. Would that work? What is to stop someone from ordering Pro 10, and then charging 10 different people say...200 a month, for a total of 2000, resulting in a 750 profit?
I want a better quality picture - bottom line, along with enough storage, and exclusive rights to my content. Maybe they could come up with a pay per service? So you only pay for the features you want. Another way is if they could provide a way for viewers to pay per view, or pay to download, they could take a percentage. I want someone to host my videos with like 99 cent downloads thru Paypal. Just like downloading a song, only it's a video (movie).
Only thing I found so far is www.thepayperclip.com Anyone know of another on demand PPV movie host? I want to be able to afford this.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:11

Ben,

On the Pro 10 option, is it 200GB per account or across al 10 (20gb each channel)?

Thanks.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:31

Month by month, I have waited for Mogulus pro. I waited to buy pro for a reasonable price, something I could get used to my homepage.

Finally! Mogulus pro has come! First, I check out what is included with the Mogulus pro. Wow! It's fantastic! Okay, now I will buy Mogulus pro.

Huh? I clicked the wrong? Where can I find the checkout pages for people who do not have millions of money?

Exactly, they do not exist. Currently you do not support their loyal users who would possibly pay for something they had looked forward to.

I'm pretty sure that many would like to buy a smaller pro-pack if it had been possible. A pack with less features in.

I'm pretty disappointed. And if you get lower prices gradually so I hope it happens very soon.

It is my opinion about the current prices.
Closed Thread

Tags
mogulus, nptv, perfect, pricing, pro