Go Back   Livestream Forum > Livestream Premium > Premium Questions

View Poll Results: Would you Purchase an Alternative with very little features starting at $10 to $100 ?
Yes - A package starting from $10 to a package as high as $100 would be great! 56 88.89%
No, I do not want to spend any money at all, I am fine with my channel with ads. 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17th December 2008, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownAX View Post
So, how's that crack? Keeping you and your company coming up with ridiculous ideas? Good to hear.

I keep coming back here hoping that maybe someone's decided to reconsider the absolutely ludicrous pricing, but it's apparently not even being considered? That's silly.

And this e-mail I got earlier is just hilarious:

This is an automatic message from the Mogulus streaming servers:

The bitrate of the stream *** you are publishing on the channel *** is too high.

The maximum bitrate of your streams is 500 Kbps, but your stream is being published at 628 Kbps.

So, I can't even stream now unless I reduce my quality to piss-poor? Really?

Also:

You're actually a bit wrong here. It'll eat their CPU and other resources, but a proper computer is cooled with fans (or water cooling). If parts die just because of Flash eating up lots of resources, something is seriously wrong with your computer. Secondly, most ISPs don't offer speeds fast enough to watch that many live streams at once. They'd all just lag, and while it'd certainly eat up lots of bandwidth, I imagine it would take a longer period before one would run out of it. Though, any good ISP these days provides unlimited bandwidth, but in some backwards countries (like Australia) they still get away with capping the 'net.
It will lower the life of the parts, and open a bunch and use a bandwidth monitor and watch it go, you'll be surprised, but then again this isn't a topic to debate how to get more views etc.

Hopefully Mogulus will maybe announce something when the grace period is over.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownAX View Post
So, how's that crack? Keeping you and your company coming up with ridiculous ideas? Good to hear.

I keep coming back here hoping that maybe someone's decided to reconsider the absolutely ludicrous pricing, but it's apparently not even being considered? That's silly.

And this e-mail I got earlier is just hilarious:

This is an automatic message from the Mogulus streaming servers:

The bitrate of the stream *** you are publishing on the channel *** is too high.

The maximum bitrate of your streams is 500 Kbps, but your stream is being published at 628 Kbps.

So, I can't even stream now unless I reduce my quality to piss-poor? Really?

Also:

You're actually a bit wrong here. It'll eat their CPU and other resources, but a proper computer is cooled with fans (or water cooling). If parts die just because of Flash eating up lots of resources, something is seriously wrong with your computer. Secondly, most ISPs don't offer speeds fast enough to watch that many live streams at once. They'd all just lag, and while it'd certainly eat up lots of bandwidth, I imagine it would take a longer period before one would run out of it. Though, any good ISP these days provides unlimited bandwidth, but in some backwards countries (like Australia) they still get away with capping the 'net.
Hi im almighty not dillusional just happy,i have a 32meg hard drive cash750 gig and 9 gig of ram in windows, booted in a mac,a powerful system used for editing and within some peoples reach.This was a one off expence most of what we already had for our company before streaming.I have invested in a 2 meg upload uncontended speed which costs me 10pounds per day for a year.and ive spent a year battling with streaming and now with David Aron and mogulus help i have a great sound and vision.I am concerned with Mogulus pricing BUT I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO OFFER MORE VARIATIONS OF PRICING SO AS TO PLEASE AND ACCOMADATE MORE PRODUCERS. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT AS VIEWERS DOES NOT ALWAYS MEEN EARNINGS,UNLESS INDIVIDUAL PRODUCERS HAVE PRODJECTS THAT AQUIRE PAY ON DEMAND OR STUDIO HIRE. I THINK IT WILL TAKE A SHORT TIME,BUT IT IS IN THE INTEREST OF Mogulus to accomadate more producers whilst at the same time not underminding the value or viability of their products, regards and great success to you all email hayden@hayprofilms.com for teq help re streaming.
Old 20th December 2008, 23:51
Banned

well, as we know, the Ads are now on the Beta channels and the channels that had the option with the ad suport. I hope they don't think about putting the GB limit.
Old 21st December 2008, 09:29
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
Protip:
Shoutcast allows you to stream videos for a cheaper price than Mogulus does.
You just need to pay let's say $33 per month for 100 viewers. You also need to cover server costs, but even throwing that into the mix leads to something nowhere near the $1,500-10,000 that Mogulus wants.
Really? I can't see this. Do you have a link? I can only see streaming audio there.

-Dave
Old 23rd December 2008, 20:29

Still no further official word on this ridiculous price plan? What is it going to be another 10 months before you people offer your next ill considered, deceptive solution?
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:04
Administrator

We are still evaluating options and have been actively reading messages from those who joined the pricing discussion. If you are interested in participating, e-mail your username and channels to pricingdiscussion@mogulus.com. Thank you again for your patience and support.

-Ben
Mogulus Support

Tags
mogulus, nptv, perfect, pricing, pro