Go Back   Livestream Forum > Livestream Premium > Premium Questions

View Poll Results: Would you Purchase an Alternative with very little features starting at $10 to $100 ?
Yes - A package starting from $10 to a package as high as $100 would be great! 56 88.89%
No, I do not want to spend any money at all, I am fine with my channel with ads. 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29th November 2008, 20:45

Lightbulb Beta Users Going to get credited?

Hello,

I was just wondering, for the members that are testing in the beta, will we get some sort of credit when mogulus gets out of beta, or when Pro releases?

Like getting pro? Or if not getting pro, maybe the chance of getting ads removed, or remove the branding..or both..?

This would really show some thanks to the people that are testing out mogulus.

Any comments or suggestions?

Last edited by Memorywipe; 29th November 2008 at 20:48.
Old 30th November 2008, 11:09

Free is thanks enough for me
Old 3rd December 2008, 00:12

Nope, we don't. I HAD to remove the ad, cause it was covering the subtitles in my channel (and all our videos are in subtitles) I Emailed them about adding it at the top of the video player, and they said they'll add it in the future, yet again it seems like its something thats so simple to do, to just change the code from bottom of screen to top.

Seems kinda unfair for some of us that have been here for so long helping out and dealing with many problems to get a little dished to the side... I wouldn't mind getting Pro if they totally re-did the entire Chat room, added smiley faces, added User Profiles with even Avatars, custom font, complete custom color... etc

If Mogulus were smart, they'd give out Pro for free for a month at the very least to Beta users, to let people have a taste of it, not sure how much Pro is gonna be either... But at the current rate of bugs and lack of features, and stuff I've heard that would be in the Pro, $10 or more a month won't be worth it...

I think Mogulus is Not ready to even have Pro yet, but I guess they cannot wait any longer and want some money coming in.

Last edited by TrunkzJr; 3rd December 2008 at 00:30.
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrunkzJr View Post
Nope, we don't. I HAD to remove the ad, cause it was covering the subtitles in my channel (and all our videos are in subtitles) I Emailed them about adding it at the top of the video player, and they said they'll add it in the future, yet again it seems like its something thats so simple to do, to just change the code from bottom of screen to top.

Seems kinda unfair for some of us that have been here for so long helping out and dealing with many problems to get a little dished to the side... I wouldn't mind getting Pro if they totally re-did the entire Chat room, added smiley faces, added User Profiles with even Avatars, custom font, complete custom color... etc

If Mogulus were smart, they'd give out Pro for free for a month at the very least to Beta users, to let people have a taste of it, not sure how much Pro is gonna be either... But at the current rate of bugs and lack of features, and stuff I've heard that would be in the Pro, $10 or more a month won't be worth it...

I think Mogulus is Not ready to even have Pro yet, but I guess they cannot wait any longer and want some money coming in.
yes there should do that. I had been for Mogulus since the summer of 2007 when it all begin. I remember when I first got a email (im my old account) that I was accepted to the Beta and found many problems and helped them out. I relped them with some problems like eccoding and others little ones.
Well, I it is just Sad that we don't get credit and it even cost a lot of money. I was thinking of getting Pro but now I think of just not getting it until there is some kind of promotion and/or price is lower. I understand the problems with the ecconomy but we also cant be all the time on the internet and just paying lots of money for a channel that some people view. Well, I also understand that PRO just started so we just have to wait until it is more cheaper and/or the economy is better.
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:27

Default Pro Pricing Discussion and recommendations

Well it looks like I won't be getting Pro anytime soon, I would soon much rather buy a car then spend that kind of money per month. Is it just me, or did anyone else get a high amount XD http://www.mogulus.com/estimator

Last edited by TrunkzJr; 3rd December 2008 at 22:43.
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:45
Banned

I also got a high amount. Well, for me I am having some problems with my channel now and will need to fix it.
I also rather buy a car or something than just pay for a channel. it cost a lot of money and I don't have that mush.
And also about the economy that it is in bad shape so they may be many people not buying the Pro.
Old 4th December 2008, 03:17

Unhappy Here's some rain for your parade. A needle for your balloon. A kick to the nads.

I was all excited to sign up for MOG PRO until I saw the pricing. I had to triple-check my numbers to make sure they really were that high. I just sent an email with the bad news and a cost breakdown, to our news team. We run a text-and-video news site, and we were hoping to use Mogulus to start a TV-style online news channel for our city. So much for that. I think I'll have to bring a box of donuts to the office tomorrow. Maybe a bottle of tequila.

Here's a cost breakdown for someone planning on having a lot of regular viewers:

So you're paying $1.50 per gigabyte for bandwidth on Mog Pro. They include 25GB in their base plan at $350/mo.

If we're streaming at the basic 500 Kbps, that amounts to 3.75 MB/min or 225 MB/hour.
So if we had 11 people watch us for 10 hours, that's 225MB x 11 x 10 = 25 GB gone.

If we have 1000 people watching for one hour, say a Christmas parade, that will amount to 225 GB. At $1.50 per GB, that will cost us $337.50 for that hour.

ONE person watching for 24 hours would eat up 5.4GB ($8.10)

If we were to average about 1000 viewers over a 24 hour period (with it peaking mid-day and petering off at night) that would amount to 5400 GB, or $8,100. FOR ONE DAY. It would be a quarter million a month to operate at that level.

Unfortunately this isn't entirely hard to believe. Bandwidth is, and always has been prohibitively expensive. Sorry to rain on the parade, but we should have realized this was too good to be true.

JC
Old 4th December 2008, 09:16

Is this bandwidth cost come from most of your server are based in America ? (Amazon ?)

I know that for many people that host servers that consume lot of bandwidth they need to pay more for renting a server or stuff like that...

Sorry for being a bit "patriot" but in france, we're not usedto that , as fews years ago that was plan with xxxGb/ month bandwidth, now almost every provider rent you an illimited bandwidth...

Yep the Bandwidth cost for a live broadcasting solution is costful...

Maybe mogulus will find a deal to lower or allow unlimited bandwidth for a "regular-cost". Having to pay for the calculation power depending on your users is something I agree with but this bandwidth cost a lot here :/

Best regards ,
Old 4th December 2008, 11:14

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

My estimate comes in at, wait for it....

$19,000 for ONE MONTH!

Yes... NINETEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS PER MONTH!

I could buy the BBC for that.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited by simonben; 4th December 2008 at 11:16.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:46

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
Is this bandwidth cost come from most of your server are based in America ? (Amazon ?)
Don't know, but the servers must be based outside of our universe and each GB must be delivered by hand on a USB stick!
Closed Thread

Tags
mogulus, nptv, perfect, pricing, pro