Go Back   Livestream Forum > Livestream Premium > Premium Questions

Old 6th December 2008, 17:30

Default Truely Big Thought

Hi ...

Imagine this ... i have a web site (that i pay for it, design, hosting, concept, etc.) ... i produce my programs (videos, photos, events, etc.) ... i make my own advertising (i pay for it) to get people visit my web site and make traffic (my traffic, my viewers) ...

So ... i really understand that FREE account on Mogulus need to be some kind of ads support ... but donīt you think that if my channel is posted on YOUR homepage (on your main directory by default) along and as many others ... if you want to people SEE that huge amount of ADs on ALL that channels ... you must advertise your web site url (Mogulus.com)... and make people go there and see that ADS on your site ... your homepage ... your viewers ... and of course make sense that you put the channels with most viewers first and put there more ads ... Mogulus is the big daddy ... all the channels... all the programs... live and not live, etc... take advantage of that ... make your own viewers to your homepage ...

Why i am telling this? .. beacause i really donīt think that itīs fair that if i embed my channel on MY homepage... my channel show ADs that i really doubt that someone pay attention to it ... because that AD itīs may be from a product or a company that even doesnīt exist in my country ... and/or people watching my channel are not interested at all on it because are not the target for the product or company that ADs is presenting ... so are simply annoying trash to their eyes ...

So, i think is very fair .. if you make all the ads you want on FREE channels (that ones with more "rating") ... but only for the people watching YOUR hompage, not mine ... so why not? ADS FREE to my EMBED channel on my page ...

what you all think about this?

why you just donīt leave ADS FREE to EMBED broadcast channel (on other web sites) and put ADS just on YOUR homepage broadcast channels ... ?

So, some people donīt want ADs on their channel?... ok, go buy and mount your own web site and put embed you channel there... and thatīs it ... ads free i think is totally fair ... if you think that is too much... ok only ADs free on LIVE broadcast then ... Put ADs on VOD only ... but always with ADs? .. i donīt think so...

hope you take this seriusly ...

cya!

Last edited by aefox; 6th December 2008 at 17:39.
Old 7th December 2008, 10:03

I am one of little patience. However, I will wait and see what Mogulus "gives" we "free" producers? Or come up with a Semi-Pro plan that is affordable and unlimited? However, there are any number of people worldwide who understand the concept and are working to come up with an alternative solution, should Mogulus continue their current path.
Old 7th December 2008, 14:50

Default Who will turn Pro

I was wondering if anyone can benefit from the Pro Plans? The bandwidth in both plans are laughable.

Why migrate to Pro if you're on free with traffic already exceeding both plans?
Old 8th December 2008, 12:03

Default Please somebody answer this ...

Hi! ...

someone knows how to STOP my Bandwidth USAGE completely ? ...

Just today at midday my bandwidth usage from my On Air playlist is consuming 1 gb ... till now ... at the end of the day may be 2 gb ... so ...

i mean if i delete all the Playlist Storyboards... always the Default Color Bars Mogulus Video is playing in an loop ...

the BIG question is ... that video playing is eating slowly my 10 gb./month limit bandwidth too? ...

I really want to stop using my bandwidth to leave it for Live broadcasting ...

thanks!
Old 8th December 2008, 12:29
Administrator

There is maximum of 10 channels permitted per producer. For Pro producers you can switch your channel to a free channel at any time to prevent charges for further bandwidth usage.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 8th December 2008, 14:02

Let me get this straight Ben. We pay for Pro at $350 per month, but to minimize bandwidth usage you suggest we switch back to the free service and run adverts. What?????????? Not only do you get the revenue for the paid for service (and accidental payment from accidental, excessive bandwidth usage), but from these customers you also hope to get the revenue from the embedded ads. WHAT IS THE POINT OF PRO????? Is Mogulus an ethical business or what? You are about to lose another user!
Old 8th December 2008, 16:06

Addition to the above statement:

You should be advertising Mogulus Pro as a "Part-time" add free service because no one in their right mind would spend over $1000 per month minimum to run a simple, online streaming service. This could work out more than I pay for my mortgage and car every month. In fact, the basic Pro package would cost me $1575 per month - get a life and take a reality check please.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:43

Default ok .. so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogulus View Post
There is maximum of 10 channels permitted per producer. For Pro producers you can switch your channel to a free channel at any time to prevent charges for further bandwidth usage.

-Ben
Mogulus Support

Ok Ben thanks for the answer...

But let me see if i got it ... that 10 gb./ month bandwidth transfer that you put on FREE accounts are just to put some kind of virtual limit? ... because you told me that if i go up that limit... nothing heppends? .. you will not close my channels till next month? ... because i exceesed my bandwidth? ... on FREE accounts? ... and can i have up to 10 channels? ...

if that is true... you can be totally sure that iīll still supporting Mogulus as a FREE account user... i really donīt care about the ADs ...

thanks!
Old 14th December 2008, 11:59

Default Massive Storage Limit Question

What will happen to the free channels that currently have more than 10 gigs of content (in other words, the majority of your free channels?)

Asking around at the most popular channels here made me realize that many free channels would need the Mog-10 package just to cover all of their content.

So. Are you guys just going to delete things at random or will free channels made before the mogulus-holocaust be exempt from the storage limit?
Old 14th December 2008, 12:13

I was wondering the same thing, myself. I help run a fairly popular channel, and our library is well over 10gigs. I'm a little concerned that this restriction is going to be the end of our channel. We may even have to look at options elsewhere. Mogulus, you would really be shooting yourself in the foot if you restricted your beta channels.