Go Back   Livestream Forum > Livestream Premium > Premium Questions

Old 4th December 2008, 02:53

Default What will happen to free accounts that go into Pro's limitations?

So now that Pro is available to users, what will happen to free channels that have exceeded bandwidth or storage limits? Will Mogulus start to delete videos, lock out the channel until I upgrade, etc.? What's the limit for free users in terms of storage/bandwidth?
Old 4th December 2008, 14:51

I'd kinda like to know also.... or did they just not plan ahead that much...
Old 4th December 2008, 15:52

One would hope that nothing will change as far bandwidth or storage, otherwise Mogulus will no longer the option we hoped it would be. It would be bad business sense and a kick in the teeth for the users who have stuck with this site through bad times - and we must admit that during this summer the service has not been top notch to say the least. I have said this before and I will say it again, Mogulus will stand or fall by the quality of their service (both free and paid for). Anyone with business sense nowadays knows that bad news travels fast across the world-wide-web. This pricing structure has taken our channel team by surprise. In fact, we are out of breath with too many, sharp intakes of breath and our necks are stiff with too much head shaking.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:27
Administrator

We haven't made a determination on limiting storage for existing users at this time, though we may do this in the future.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 4th December 2008, 17:25

Hmmm... Ben

We hope that Mogulus won't lose sight the advertizing revenue the free channels will bring in and treat these producers with same equal respect as the Pro users. users who sign up to the free mogulus could, in many respects, oil the cogs of the Mogulus machine.

Andy
Old 4th December 2008, 17:42
Administrator

Absolutely! We look forward to continuing to work with producers of free channels supported by advertising.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 5th December 2008, 23:32

Will free member be able to watch the channels of pro members without becoming pro?
Old 6th December 2008, 02:03

Arrow Concerning Advertising

I guess as a free user I have no problem with you using my broadcast to run Ads on as long as they aren't so intrusive as to take away from what I am trying to do. For instance rather than an overlay watermark adverts why not box them along side in some fashion as not to annoy our viewers and take away from the broadcast itself And Ben if we are a free user with high viewership are you looking at revenue sharing. Or some sort of affiliate program
Old 6th December 2008, 12:20

Default Finance Crash pricing

The Pro-plans are extremly steep and will lock out more than 90% of the users. If it's cheap investors forcing Mogulus to show revenue, the whole business could well die out in month.

Let's hope there are other players with more endurance out there.

In our persective we're looking at 3 000 daily visitors (we're a hyperlocal news site) and ad revenues of less than 10 000 USD a month. Our advertisers are exited about our TV-plans since we've demonstrated a way of promoting their products without production costs.

If we continue with our broadcast we're looking at more than 100 gb every day. That exceeds every pro plan and means the end of our TV-channel.

I guess that many are in the same position?

There must be money out there to give you the endurance to bring in 100 000 of news sites and other users that still hasn't heard of this technique even existing. I meet client every day that doesn't believe what they're hearing when I'm explaining the Mogulus platform - and the real time streaming capability.

You need to get a broader reach before introducing these Fox News prices.

Last edited by folkmun; 6th December 2008 at 12:27.
Old 6th December 2008, 17:06

Default How many Channels of the FREE account?

Hi! ...

Just wondering ... how many channels we can create with the FREE account? ...

i have two channels right now... one that i really use, and other to test things ... so i need to know this because i donīt want to wake up one morning and see that Mogulus delete one of my channels ... the important one ...

thanks!