Old 27th January 2011, 12:05
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMPHOST View Post
Once a Channel has been verified.

(1) How log does it take before it will appear in relevant searches.
(2) If the Channel search tags are later changed, how long does it take for those new Tags to become searchable on, and Found ?

Was verified yesterday, and still my channel does not show up in searches, when others very quiet channels, with same search tag do.
Hey FSMPHOST,

When users run a channel search, the results are actually based on the channel description and not the tags. Our search feature is being worked on, and will include results based on channel tags in the future (although I don't have an ETA right now).
Old 27th January 2011, 16:14

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
Hey FSMPHOST,

When users run a channel search, the results are actually based on the channel description and not the tags. Our search feature is being worked on, and will include results based on channel tags in the future (although I don't have an ETA right now).
Thanks Jason

However, despite using Specific & Common words in my Channel Description, I still cannot SEARCH and find my VERIFIED Channel.

I find lots of similar channels, that also match my search, but my Channel is never found.

This is very dissapointing, as so many of the Channels found with the serach are DEAD, just displaying "Color Bars"... My VERIFIED Channel is currently streaming over 3 hours of High Quality, Produced / Edited Video, yet it cannot be found by the search.

http://www.livestream.com/fsmp

Can you please tell me why my channel cannot be found in a search ... Am I missing an important setting maybe ??

Thanks

Geoff
Old 27th January 2011, 16:40
Livestream

If you're still experiencing your search issues I recommend opening a ticket in our support center, Geoff. We'll be happy to help/troubleshoot:
https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...center/tickets
Old 3rd February 2011, 13:44

Default Verified channel not showing in guide?

Howdy. Pretty new to this whole thing but I'm having fun. I got verified on Monday (thanks!) but still can't find the stream on the guide when I search for it. I've tried searching for tags, descriptions, user name, channel name, and nothing. I also have made sure to click the "Show more channels" at the bottom of the screen, but it's still nowhere to be found. Is there something obvious I'm not doing?

The channel's here, for the record. Any advice?
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:10
Livestream

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention, vaporousTippler. I've confirmed that the issue exists, and we're looking into it.

Anyone else having this issue: please post your channel name in this thread so that we can look into it.

Jason
Livestream
Old 15th February 2011, 01:01

Default Please reconsider your decision -unverified isranexus

Hello Livestream Verification Thread,

I'm desperate. I have a webcast 2/15/2011 starting at 6pm EST tomorrow. My channel just received a rejection. It's a 3 hour webcast that has been promoted for weeks via the website and social nets.

I bought the premium upgrade for a month and have planned 5 different webcast times within the month of premium.

Could you consider a temporary verification so I can have more that 50 viewers. My content is not being shown yet as I'm adding more material for the launch. It's on youtube shot in HDV with a canon hv 20 camcorder. I have about an hour or so in a folder in the studio.

Any reconsideration would be greatly appreciated.

noor
Old 15th February 2011, 11:06
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by noorman11 View Post
I have a webcast 2/15/2011 starting at 6pm EST tomorrow. My channel just received a rejection. It's a 3 hour webcast that has been promoted for weeks via the website and social nets.

I bought the premium upgrade for a month and have planned 5 different webcast times within the month of premium.
Hey Noor, great talking to you earlier. Although we spoke on the phone, I'm following up with your forum post for the sake of our users.

First, only free channels must be verified. Premium channels do not need to be verified. There is no viewer limit on any premium channel.

Free channels do however require verification to surpass the 50 viewer limit. You can find further details about verification at the following links:

Userguide:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...l_Verification

Forum post:
http://www.livestream.com/forum/show...8&postcount=16

I just want to stress, as long as you broadcast today's event on your premium channel, there is no viewer limit.

Best,
JasonLive
Old 21st February 2011, 16:16

Default Verify without being adding to the channel guide?

Is it possible to verify without being added to the channel guide?

I ask because I'm doing live streaming of the development of an indie game, but the game itself will have some hentai content in it, which isn't permitted under verification requirements. However, I only want to use the stream on my dev blog , so I don't really plan on having people find it without actually going through the blog itself first (in which case they would already know exactly what they're getting into)

So is it worth asking about, or am I just going to have to limit what I show?
Old 22nd February 2011, 00:29

Default Verification for Daisukisc2

Hi, my broadcast is at www.livestream.com/daisukisc2
I have been broadcasting for about a month now, didn't really save any of my recordings up until recently and have been broadcasting every day. I have reached the 50 person viewer count and above. Many people who wanted to watch my stream couldn't and now I really feel that my channel should be verified asap so that my viewers can watch. If by any chance that I can get verified, or any tips, or any reason why I can't, please let me know. Thankyou

Last edited by spyoo89; 22nd February 2011 at 00:32.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:47
Livestream Producer Support

spyoo89,

You would need to meet each of the criteria in the following section of our User Guide to get verified:

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...l_Verification

Matt

Tags
account, administrator moderator, apbm, application, can not find channel, channel, channel verification, delete video, deny, difficult, feedback, form, help upload, help verification urgent, inactive or small channel, issue, issues, limit, listing, livestream, minimum, pending.verification, problem, quantity, rejected, requirements, verification, verification denied, verified, verify, verify channel, verifying, viewer