Old 31st October 2010, 07:06

Default xachti

Bonjour,

1/ Sous windows 7 32 bts
2/ Caméra Sanyo utilisée avec la fonction webcam, branchement mini usb / usb
3/ Xacti VPC CG65EX (2008 je crois)
4/ Diffusion avec Flash Média Encoder 3.1

Problème : la caméra fonctionne via la fonction webcam donc pas possibilité d'utiliser le zoom de la caméra. Si quelqu'un a une solution autre, je suis preneur.

Pour exemple, Sauvegarde des enregistrements diffusés en direct avec FME et mis en ligne sur youtube sur mon blog (mondial de 5 jours avec connection 2 Mo en upload dédié) :
http://culturesportboules.blogspot.c...jeka-2010.html

En recherche d'une caméra permettant d'effectuer des zooms pour les manifestations diffusées avec connectique simple (car novice)
Old 7th December 2010, 06:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgrosh View Post
--------------
--- 1 --- CONFIRMED
--------------
Sony DCR-TVR310 NTSC
This is a older digital camcorder that records on a digital8 casset tape. NOT HD
It has a fire wire connector. I connect it via firewire to a sony laptop that I bought specificly because it has a firwire ( i1394) port. The laptop runs Vista. It recognized the camera and automaticly installed a Microsoft driver. The camera shows up in webcaster as "Microsoft DV Camcorder"
From the factory defaults change the following:
<1> To prevent the camera from runing a demo during your broadcast, Turn of "Demo Mode" via the camera's menu.
<2> To prevent the camera from turning off after 10 minutes, Connect to AC power and open the tape compartment, (leave it open during broadcast.)
all of the Sony Camcorders that have firewire and hi 8 tape that I have tried seem to work.

I have also used simular sony camcorders that record to the mini tape. NOT HD! They also work but you can disable the auto power off via a menu and do NOT have to leave the tape compartment open all the time.

ADVANTAGES:
(1) You can record to tape and stream to the web at the same time, This gives you a backup recording on tape for on-demand or auto pilot should something go wrong during a live webcast.
(2) You can power this camera from AC with the battey installed. Connected to a laptop, both the camera and the laptop will rebert to battery in the event of a power failure.
(3) You have a long optical zoom without the pixilizatation you get on nearly all USB web cams. (Great for Football Games)

--------------
--- 2 --- CONFIRMED
--------------

Panasonic PVGS300
This is one of the few camcorders that will stream out to a USB port. Most camcorders with USB only act as hard drives when cnnected to a PC. You can copy the previously recorded files (videos) from the camera and then upload the files to livestream, but you can NOT stram live video from most other USB only camcorders.
It use as a web cam:
(1) install the panasonic supplied driver.
(2) connect the usb cable
(3) Set the mode switch to RECORD
(4) in the camera menu set [advanced] [USB function] [WEB CAM] to ON

Note that you must reverse the above proceedure to be able to access the recording function of the camcorder, The camera will not act as a web cam and a cancorder at the same time.

ADVANTAGES:
You have a long optical zoom without the pixilizatation you get on nearly all USB web cams. (Great for Football Games)

DIS-ADVANTAGES:
(1) You can NOT record to tape and stream to the web at the same time. The menu option to switch from record to tape and record to USB is hard to access and clumbersome when switching between modes.
(2) you can not connect an analog monitor to the camera when in web cam mode that only works in camcorder mode. You will be restricted to small preview on the LCD screen of the camera -- OR -- the preview in your livestream application.
(3) AC is conneced to the camera by removing the battery and inserting a corded dummy batter that is connected to an AC adapter. In the event of a power failure, recording and streaming will be interupted untill you manualy remove the AC adapter and install the battery.

--------------
--- 3 --- CONFIRMED
--------------

Sony HDR-SR10 This is a FullHD 1920x1080 AVCHD High Definition camcorder.
It records to internal hard disk and memory sticks. It connects to computers with USB.

This is one of the many camcorders that will NOT stream out to a USB port. Most camcorders with USB only act as hard drives when connected to a PC. You can copy the previously recorded files (videos) from the camera and then upload the files to livestream, but you can NOT stream live video from this camcorder. Acording to Sony Tech support all of the consumer HD camcorders do NOT stream video out the USB or firewire cable. To do that on any HD camera you have to upgrade to one of their semi-pro or profesional cameras. Even then, not all of them include the streaming feature, the lowest cost HD camera that reportedly will stream is the HDR-FX7.

--------------
--- 4 --- RUMORED TO STREAM
-------------- (I've talked to Sony support and am considering one of these.)

Sony HDR-FX7 This is a high Definition MiniDV )HDV) Handycam
It records to tape and memory sticks. It connects to computers with USB.

Sony support claims this one will stream and record at the same time. However, the on line manual does not back up this claim. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE? List price is $2,000.00

--------------
--- 4 --- RUMORED to NOT stream.
-------------- (I've talked to Sony support and am considering one of these.)

Sony HVR-HD1000U Sholder mount budget priced pro camera
List price is $1,800.00

According to sony support this will NOT stream, however, the rather vague wording in the manual does not confirm this. (Like most manuals and specifications they tell how to connect the camera and claim that the camera works with USB but does not specify that the camera streams or only copies previously recorded files.)
So guys can any one tell me which DV cam can be used as a webcam which is easily available in the markets today?. Will the old handycams with the DV cassets do the job?
Old 21st December 2010, 13:01

Default Hello

I'm having problems with procaster locating my camera/video/camcorder. . . can anyone help me make since of which camcorder to purchase at a reasonable rate for use to broadcast? Thanks
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:50

Default Brad

I found these cameras when I Googled wifi camcorders.

Samsung HMX-S15 32GB SSD Memory HD WiFi Camcorder 8GB Kit ASMSS15BNK1
$799 - 2 stores
Samsung HMX-S16 64GB SSD Memory HD WiFi Camcorder + 16GB Accessory Bun
$949 - 2 stores
Samsung HMX-S15 32GB SSD Memory HD WiFi Camcorder 16GB Kit
$819 - 2 stores

They stream straight to the internet.

Does anyone have experience with any of these cameras?
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:53

Procaster broadcasts what is on your desktop. It does not work directly with a camera.

For example, the camera view you may see on your desktop can be broadcast using Procaster.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:12

what sort of capture card do you use with this hd camera to hook up to your pc via usb?
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteous View Post
Panasonic HPX 300
Sony PMW EX1
JVC GY-HD110U

I used all the above with livestream
what sort of capture card do you use with this hd camera to hook up to your pc via usb?
Old 11th October 2011, 06:51

Smile Devices supported by livestream

may i know which type/model of devices(webcam/videocam/..etc) supported by livestream?
Old 11th October 2011, 11:39
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikinaziz View Post
may i know which type/model of devices(webcam/videocam/..etc) supported by livestream?
Here is a list of Procaster's certified devices:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...tified_Devices

In addition, most DV firewire cameras are compatible with Procaster.

Best,
Jason
Old 26th November 2011, 21:55

Default HD 720p input. SD output

We recently trialled the procaster / livestream at an event.
An issue is where I have 720p camera (JVC GY-HD201), and procaster would only recognise the camera in DV mode. As I wish to record in HD, but happy to stream in SD, I need to set the camera to HD mode.
I read in an earlier post (but back in 2010) that only DV input was recognised. Is this still the case? Or is there a setting we have missed?