Old 9th July 2010, 11:29

Default A Few Issues

I've read the User guide in reference to some of my issues. I'm excited about where Im trying to take my channel so I NEED help with:
1.) Mobile Streaming from the HTC-EVO. I signed up for the account at qik.com as instructed on Livestream. Nothing happened. The first ticket with Support came back as; "there is a compatibility issue between livestream and qik.com that is being worked out. Is this process still going on?

2.) I would like to have my channel MOBILE COMPATIBLE. I can watch my channel for a few minutes on the EVO before the message comes up, "This channel is not mobile compatible at this time." What do I have to do in order to make it mobile compatible and broadcast the content in my library because presently I'm not doing live content through Procaster.

Thanks!!
Old 9th July 2010, 11:47
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by garypratttv View Post
I've read the User guide in reference to some of my issues. I'm excited about where Im trying to take my channel so I NEED help with:
1.) Mobile Streaming from the HTC-EVO. I signed up for the account at qik.com as instructed on Livestream. Nothing happened. The first ticket with Support came back as; "there is a compatibility issue between livestream and qik.com that is being worked out. Is this process still going on?

2.) I would like to have my channel MOBILE COMPATIBLE. I can watch my channel for a few minutes on the EVO before the message comes up, "This channel is not mobile compatible at this time." What do I have to do in order to make it mobile compatible and broadcast the content in my library because presently I'm not doing live content through Procaster.

Thanks!!
garypratttv,

1) We were experiencing some issues with broadcasting via Qik. These issues are being worked and have been partially resolved. You can now broadcast using Qik, but must manually restart your autopilot in Studio once finished broadcasting.

2) In order for your channel to be mobile compatible you must broadcast using Procaster set to Mobile 3G quality. Have you been doing that?
Old 17th September 2010, 13:21

so what you're saying is that there is no option for broadcasting linear broadcasts to mobile devices?!
Old 17th September 2010, 13:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip897 View Post
so what you're saying is that there is no option for broadcasting linear broadcasts to mobile devices?!
You are correct chip897, at the moment linear broadcasting is not available on mobile devices.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:07

cool. any plans for it in the future?!

and thank you for the quick response!
Old 17th September 2010, 14:23

Yes, but we do not have an ETA on that yet.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:44

cool. thanks!
Old 11th February 2011, 07:39

If you already recorded a show at normal quality, can you convert it to mobile + high?
Old 11th February 2011, 16:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkaba View Post
If you already recorded a show at normal quality, can you convert it to mobile + high?

djkaba,

You can stream to high and mobile as a free user, however your VOD files will only be 500kbps streams.

Matt