Old 29th November 2008, 10:00

Exclamation Very Important INFO to Mogulus Tech Admin ...

Hi...

I really think that this is VERY important issue ... not because itīs a direct bug on Mogulus system, but affect to ALL people using iExplorer (6 or 7) on any OS ... and itīs hapenning with mogulus content too ...

I noticed some time ago that if i start to watch a video streaming (of any kind, progressive download or stream) ... at youtube (for example)... if you leave the page with the flash video player on it (and the video is not totally downloaded yet) ... for example you go to google on the same page... or a link on it... the streaming of the video CONTINUE in background ... even if you are not watching the video page anymore ... the "DOWNLOADING" of the video it keeps going ... the only way to KILL the streaming connection is closing the MAIN iExplorer window (close TABs windows not work) ... you can see that watching any Network Usage Meter.

So, this is very BAD ... itīs happening on ANY website that use flash video players (for streaming or progressive download), and itīs happening on Mogulus too ...

To the user that obviusly donīt know that BIG BUG, itīs a horrible experience, because if you start to watch any video streaming and after a few seconds you leave that page and go to another video link .. and start playing that second video... and then go to another ... all that videos still using your connection and your bandwidth fall and fall more and more.. and then you simply think ... "damn video stops, and hang, damn! traffic at Mogulus!, iīll check how itīs the "Service Health" ... and of course just one user connected to mogulus is creating a lot more traffic than anyone can imagine ...

Itīs not clear yet (as i read on internet forums about this problem) if itīs a iExplorer problem or itīs a ActiveX Flash plug-in problem ... my guess itīs the Flash plug-in bug.

But like i said... someone must do something to fix this soon... because is a BIG problem to all web sites using flash video players... and people using iExplorer... of course could think that itīs your problem ...

Here you have a link to some people talking about the problem.. and someone who fix that at his server but i donīt know what kind of server use Mogulus.. here itīs anyway ...

http://forum.lighttpd.net/topic/72358#18000

i hope this help

Thanks!

bye!

AEFox

Last edited by aefox; 29th November 2008 at 16:22.
Old 30th November 2008, 04:20
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by aefox View Post
Hi...

I really think that this is VERY important issue ... not because itīs a direct bug on Mogulus system, but affect to ALL people using iExplorer (6 or 7) on any OS ... and itīs hapenning with mogulus content too ...

I noticed some time ago that if i start to watch a video streaming (of any kind, progressive download or stream) ... at youtube (for example)... if you leave the page with the flash video player on it (and the video is not totally downloaded yet) ... for example you go to google on the same page... or a link on it... the streaming of the video CONTINUE in background ... even if you are not watching the video page anymore ... the "DOWNLOADING" of the video it keeps going ... the only way to KILL the streaming connection is closing the MAIN iExplorer window (close TABs windows not work) ... you can see that watching any Network Usage Meter.

So, this is very BAD ... itīs happening on ANY website that use flash video players (for streaming or progressive download), and itīs happening on Mogulus too ...

To the user that obviusly donīt know that BIG BUG, itīs a horrible experience, because if you start to watch any video streaming and after a few seconds you leave that page and go to another video link .. and start playing that second video... and then go to another ... all that videos still using your connection and your bandwidth fall and fall more and more.. and then you simply think ... "damn video stops, and hang, damn! traffic at Mogulus!, iīll check how itīs the "Service Health" ... and of course just one user connected to mogulus is creating a lot more traffic than anyone can imagine ...

Itīs not clear yet (as i read on internet forums about this problem) if itīs a iExplorer problem or itīs a ActiveX Flash plug-in problem ... my guess itīs the Flash plug-in bug.

But like i said... someone must do something to fix this soon... because is a BIG problem to all web sites using flash video players... and people using iExplorer... of course could think that itīs your problem ...

Here you have a link to some people talking about the problem.. and someone who fix that at his server but i donīt know what kind of server use Mogulus.. here itīs anyway ...

http://forum.lighttpd.net/topic/72358#18000

i hope this help

Thanks!

bye!

AEFox
Thank god someone posted a patch for the .config file on that Forum:

# Internet Explorer doesn't like FLVs being served with a MIME type
# of "application/octet-stream" which is the default
$HTTP["useragent"] =~ "MSIE" {
mimetype.assign += ( ".flv" => "video/x-flv" )
}

Should do the trick.

I wonder how many types of web servers are effected?
Old 30th November 2008, 17:52

Default I donīt know ...

Hi! ...

I tested on several web pages that primary content are videos ... like youtube ...

using flash video players...

on ALL of them happend the same problem ... BTW! i am using Vista ... i donīt know if this happend on XP too...

Anyway, i really hope that Adobe take care of this and fix the ActiveX Flash Plug-in problem for iExplorer on some new version SOON!...

cya!

Last edited by aefox; 30th November 2008 at 17:55.
Old 30th November 2008, 20:51
Banned

I think that is also happening to me since my internet is also going slow many times. I have Fios and I dont really fell the fios anymore. Also can you help me configure the code to fixing that? I don't really know how to do it.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:42

Default Sorry ...

Hi!...

Sorry but the code is for Server fix ... not for users ... but donīt worry is not your problem till adobe or microsoft upgrade flash plug-in and iexplorer ... we need to wait...

cya!