Old 28th June 2010, 11:49
Livestream Community Help

Question Analytics need Glossary of terms

Unique View needs definition - For example: IP address must be 30 minutes or more apart between views to be considered "unique," or whatever. It needs a description.

Visit needs to be definition to differentiate it from View. A Visit is a landing that doesn't initiate the stream, something else? This needs to be clarified.

In a give hour Peak Views can be greater than Unique Views. One might guess this means that people viewing have been sustaining that view throughout that time period, but again this needs to be explained.

% Bounce Rate needs to be defined.

% New Visitors needs to be defined. IP address never before logged on the channel? Some protracted amount of time between an IP address being logged? This needs to be defined.

Average time on channel in minutes seems like an inadequate or incomplete measure since it doesn't compare view duration which I think is more important. More valuable would be: Views 0-5 minutes, Views 5-10 minutes, Views 10-30 minutes, Views 30-60 minutes, Views greater than 60 minutes, etc.

Both Content and Referrers need to be clarified. Some are obvious but something like "blank's camera [livestream]" may be the live stream itself (my guess), but Content "Livestream" is what and, a Referrer of "none" is what? Is "none" coming from a sent email link or . . . .? There are other questions regarding Content, Referrers and even Embedded Players that are not clear.

BTW even if you answer here it would be good if you created a Glossary page. Understanding of the Deeper Analytics may even sell a view more Premium plans.

Last edited by cseeman; 28th June 2010 at 11:56.
Old 28th June 2010, 20:52

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Agreed. Are these not the same terms Google uses in their definitions?
Old 29th June 2010, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaron View Post
Agreed. Are these not the same terms Google uses in their definitions?
For those following this, this video describes Google's terms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qfG2d9etvk

When it comes to a Livestream how does one "Visit" the site and not "Views" assuming a live stream is running or auto pilot is running?

A unique view or even a new view definition is not a given. It's likely a measure from IP addresses but often in web analytics "new" and/or "unique" are defined by a separation in time. If someone visits a stream one day and then comes back the next each may be logged as a unique view whereas if the are only 15 minutes apart they may be the same view.

New itself is likely relative to something. Does it mean "never before" or some other measure?

Even a referrer of "none" has to be defined. Google may describe it as that which may come from an email address for example but looking at the numbers I've seen I'm not so sure that it has the same meaning/measure in Livestream analytics.

I'd rather not have mystery and guesswork when it comes to what can be the critical nature of analytics for a Premium channel.

Maybe there's a more detailed Glossary from Google you know of but if that exists I'd think such Glossary should also exist on Livestream for Premium users

I also think there are streaming specific analytics that don't quite have a webpage equivalent. See my comment on duration of view broken into time frames rather than simply an average. The problem with averaging is that a few long viewers can skew the results. It's similar to the reasoning why some use median vs average. In this case even that wouldn't work though.

Consider it an extension of "bounce" where one can measure how left immediately vs after some minutes. In other words, at what point did someone leave other than immediate. Even "immediate" may have a range given that instantaneous is a hard thing to measure.

Maybe I'm being picky but it's always easier to make decision based on understanding rather than the risk of mis-interpretative assumptions.
Old 15th October 2010, 10:29

A glossary or help page for Analytics would be helpful.
Old 7th November 2010, 12:52

Default Analytic Question

What is difference between number of unique viewers and number of streams
Old 8th November 2010, 10:45
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethmckee View Post
What is difference between number of unique viewers and number of streams
Unique viewers are measure by IP address and number of streams is measured by how many times the player has loaded that particular stream or clip.
Old 10th February 2011, 09:39

Default How can I find the number of unique viewers

Hello,

I would like to know if I can have access to the number of unique viewers somewhere on the report.
I don't have a Premium account.
Thanks for your help

Best,

SÚverine
Old 10th February 2011, 13:07
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by viadeo View Post
I would like to know if I can have access to the number of unique viewers somewhere on the report.
I don't have a Premium account.
viadeo,

Analytics are available on Premium channels only. If this is important to you I recommend upgrading to Livestream Premium. Feel free to call our Premium Sales line directly. You can see a detailed breakdown of our plans at the following link:
http://www.livestream.com/platform/p...es_and_pricing

Another solution is to simply visit your Livestream channel page, where you will see the concurrent number of viewers in the lower left-hand corner of your channel.

Best,
JasonLive
Old 14th February 2011, 16:57

Default Does the streams number mean number of videos

Does the stream count equal number of videos seen or is it all live + videos put together? If there are scheduled videos do they get counted as one stream in the channel analytics?
Old 15th February 2011, 11:01
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomermedia View Post
Does the stream count equal number of videos seen or is it all live + videos put together? If there are scheduled videos do they get counted as one stream in the channel analytics?
Streams is defined as the number of times the player is viewed/opened. So if someone was viewing your channel in autopilot, and watched multiple videos, it would count as a single stream.

Best,
JasonLive

Tags
analytics, deeper analytics, premium