Old 13th July 2010, 01:38

Hi,

Very pleased with several aspects of the beta.

However, have discovered an incompatibility with the Tripwire game, Killing Floor. At the point one starts to broadcast, it flat-out crashes Killing Floor and you get the Unreal engine crash details. This is 100% repeatable and did not happen with previous versions. Procaster itself does not appear to crash.

Here's an example of the crash dump:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3820 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 (6095)

General protection fault!

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::Present <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crash happens just after the status overlay changes to indicate you're live (as if it's just after the hooks are active).
Old 13th July 2010, 01:44

Just discovered that the exact same thing happens with Relic's Daw Of War 2 - Chaos Rising.

In fact, on my system, any direct X game seems to crash at the point I start recording.

Not fit for purpose yet.

(FYI am a full time IT Architect/Consultant and am happy to help with more info or in-depth discussion).
Old 13th July 2010, 03:22

Default Oh hey

I think I just quite literally played Killing Floor with you DJ Splendid. I came here to report the glitch, and I see that you already had. Small world eh?

Procaster 2.0 beta has a lot of potential, but there are just too many bugs to make use usable right now.

Every time you click on the frame in screen mode and release the mouse button, the frame gets larger about 1-2 pixels. After moving the frame around constantly, this means the frame slowly grows.

When enlarging and shrinking the broadcasting frame, it enlarges and shrinks WAY TOO FAST. I can't even get it the size I need.

Game mode sadly appears to have gotten WORSE. Two games that it used to work with, Killing Floor and GRiD, now don't work.

The button combination to hide the broadcasting frame crosshairs no longer works.

Strange issue, I cannot use certain punctuation in the chat. No exclamation points, no commas, no periods. I think that it defaults to a non-American keyboard layout. This did NOT happen in the old version of procaster, even though they're both using the same .swf.

Procaster seems to open the audio device selected as soon as it opens. What I mean is, when I try to record something in a different program (such as Audacity) it says "Device already in use." Closing Procaster solves this. It's annoying to have to close it every time, and I didn't have to do this with the old version.

Quite honestly, I wanted to stick with this new version because it produces much better looking video, but I can't due to all of these glitches. I'll revert to the previous version and stick with VP6 (as the old version's h264 encoding is, uh, severely lacking).
Old 27th July 2010, 22:33

Procaster instantly kills any game I try to hook with the display game mode

I've tried it with 5 games, 3 Valve 2 epic based engines, and all five instantly crash the second I try to engage game mode

I dunno if this is tied in with the Error connecting to RTMP error I have been getting all this evening but it instantly dies

EDIT: Also unable when using view desktop mode to disable the green brackets, can't disable them

Went back to 1.0.0.124, all games work fine again, I can stream in desktop mode or game mode

So the problem is definitely with version 2 of procaster

Send me a new version if you want me to try beta testing a newer version

Last edited by ShamisOMally; 28th July 2010 at 05:15.
Old 28th July 2010, 09:54

Default New Procaster won't change channels

Put in a user name and password, Procaster automaticly selects the FIRST channel alphabetically that the user is an operator for. It then connects to that channel and displays the channel in a selection box with up and down arrows to select a different channel.

In earlier versions I could scroll through all tha channels that I was a camera operator, select on and procaster would always start with that channel selected.

In this version the up and down buttons don't work. There is no way to select a different channel.

EXAMPLE:

I log in as tallasseetimes.
Tallasseetimes is the owner of the channel "TallasseeTimes".
Tallasseetimes is ALSO a camera opertor for the channel "AlabamaLive".

Procaster only works on "AlabamaLive" and can't be changed to "Tallasseetimes"

If I use studio remove the camera operator TallasseeTimes from the channel AlabamaLive, then log into Procaster with user name "TallasseeTimes" It starts up on channel SCSinvestigators because that is the next channel that TallasseeTimes is the operator for. In fact I'd have to remove half the channels that TallasseeTimes is a camera operator for to get to TallasseeTimes at the top of the list and be able to use Procaster on The TallasseeTimes channel. I may not even be able to do that, as the user "Tallasseetimes" is a camer opertor on a number of outer users channels, some of which are defunct and I can not reach the owner.

Now I am being FORCED to upgrade to 20? It will no longer run the older version at all. Just displays an upgrade window.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:00
Livestream Procaster

Cool

Hi tallasseetimes

Thanks for the note, we will look into that ASAP.

I'm not sure what do you mean about the auto update being forced - this is definetely not the intention, at least not for now. Can you provide a screenshot?

thanks very much
Lior
Old 28th July 2010, 18:09

Is it just me, or is zooming in and out now really unsmooth? I much preferred how it was before. The new mixer is a godsend, though

One problem I had (which I posted in this thread: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4466 ) was that a lot of keyboard commands are messed up (I think it might be interpreting my keyboard as a mac keyboard, since it swaps " with @, but I'm not certain.)
Old 30th July 2010, 03:22

Procaster version 2.0.065 still crashes -ANY- game I try to capture with

Not being able to get rid of the green brackets in desktop mode still

Nothing seems to have been fixed with this new version

EDIT1: Back to 1.0.0.124 and procaster is working fine again, can capture games flawlessly, and when capturing in desktop mode I can get rid of the green brackets, unlike in 20.0.65 I can't get rid of the green brackets

EDIT2: 2.0.065 Instantly crashes Killing Floor, Unreal Tournament 3, Bioshock, Alien Swarm, L4D2, L4D1, Rocket Knight Adventures, Serious Sam HD1/2, Team Fortress 2

All those games crash instantly with gaming mode

Using a Radeon 5850, 1090T Phenom II x6, 8Gigs DDR2 ram, Ma-770 UD3 motherboard

Last edited by ShamisOMally; 31st July 2010 at 14:00.
Old 1st August 2010, 14:06

When I broadcast off my screen, my volume control keeps adjusting itself and I can't do anything about it.
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:13

I tried disabling every program other then audio and video drivers on startup, running new version of procaster, and it still would not work in game mode

And I still can't get rid of the green brackets when streaming in desktop mode

Tags
beta, version