Old 17th June 2010, 13:21
Livestream Procaster

Thumbs up Procaster 20 is here!

Livestream Procaster 20 Beta Starts Today (PC: 20.0.58, Mac: 20.0.42)

The Procaster development team has been re-architecting the Procaster product in order to provide the same code-base for both Mac and PC. This new version also includes some new breakthrough features.

Download it from: http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...er-20-0-58.exe

New Features:

* All streams are H264 with AAC Audio (On2 VP6 no longer supported)

* Highly optimized multi-core support for encoding. Procaster take advantage of your Quad core CPUs

* One-click broadcast to mobile and web simultaneously. Multi-bitrate and multi-platform support. Use the quality "High + Mobile Quality" will send a 700Kbps stream to the web player and a 300 Kbps to the mobile player on mobile.livestream.com/[your channel]. You will enough bandwidth (1.5 Mbps upload) and CPU (Quad core recommended) to support this feature

* Full real-time audio mixer with Nordic compliant PPM to monitor volume level
- Add as many audio sources as you have
- Auto-mix adjusts volume automatically

* Auto convert camera aspect ratio to 16/9 (16/9 is the default for all profiles)

* One-button log-out and application exit. Application no longer start on computer startup as default

* Miscellaneous bug fixes and more

PC Version Only:

* Auto-reconnect solves Firewire/DV cameras crashes when the camera is inadvertently disconnected

To expect in next Beta Version:

* Quality optimization for Webcams

* Full support for Blackmagic cards (http://www.blackmagic-design.com/) and Viewcast Osprey cards

Last edited by RickStern; 17th June 2010 at 13:28.
Old 20th June 2010, 02:04

Default Feedback

2.0:

Negative:

- Change the frame bars back to black or give an option to remove them altogether. They are one of my biggest gripes of the Livestream program. It should only show them when you have the minibar up and need to adjust the size, NOT ALL THE TIME.

- Revert the change with the tray icon. The blinking is very annoying. We already have 3 things that change when we start a stream. There does not need to be a fourth.

- Where did the 'quality rendering' option go?

Positive:

- Nice to see the speed of the program increased dramatically.

- Can now choose a framerate higher than 30.

- Everything listed in your post.

Issues:

When I started the broadcast it made some very strange staticy sounds. I couldn't hear any audio afterward. I checked my Windows volume levels and the default audio mode changed my playback volume to be almost mute (6). Had to remove the dual audio sources and just use my stereo mix without auto adjusting volume.

When trying to broadcast above 30 FPS the bitrate goes nowhere near where you set and the quality extremely varies, usually always some form of garbage. I can record 60FPS full-size video with FRAPS no problem.

Every release:

Are you ever going to allow the program to update and NOT ERASE SETTINGS EVERY SINGLE TIME IT'S UPDATED? 13 releases now I've had to constantly repeat all my customizations. There is no hassle greater than that and this is the only program I know of which resets your settings when you install a newer version.

Last edited by DAOWAce; 23rd June 2010 at 08:49.
Old 20th June 2010, 20:14

this beta does not work for me either i am receiving an error before it even loads up. all i see is "initialize main window" but the bar does not fill and then i get an error report. " Procaster has stopped working" this is incredibly frustrating and ive sent an email with my logs because i had a similar problem with the previous build of procaster but I have not gotten a reply at all. i also have a thread on the forum of which nobody seems to know what the source of the problem is. if anyone can shed some light on this id be very appreciative as I have not been able to use Procaster for weeks now.

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:43

Testing this beta to see if it allows Game broadcasting with some titles that aren't working for me.

Report:

Previously, I got no broadcast source in the studio when attempting to send a game feed. The process would hook, but send nothing.

Now, with this beta, I get the same process hook, but it actually sends a single black frame to the studio. If I get the control bar to show, it shows a broadcast time of 1 second and hangs there. The source in the Studio disappears after about a minute, even if I leave the broadcast running on the source machine.

I still get no overlay in-game, nor does the CTRL+F1 shortcut work to start the stream from in the game.

PC version - Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium - Game title: rFactor - DX9 mode
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:14

Default Feature Suggestion

Hi all,
It would be great if the screen capture feature allowed you to capture just one process.
See Heulix Screenplay for an example.

The reason for this is that I'd love to live demonstrate some software but not broadcast my entire desktop (when I'm checking emails and other background things I'm doing at the same tiem)

I'm actually looking for a streaming media provider that allows me to just stream the data from any 3rd party desktop application.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th June 2010, 19:46

"Full real-time audio mixer with Nordic compliant PPM to monitor volume level"

I only can start this "before" the start of the livecast. Is it also possible to do it, like it sound, realtime during the cast, maybee to turn off the mic for the lifeshow or muting skype or somethink like this? So that I can talk to another guy in a short break for example.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:51
Livestream Procaster Support

You can use the audio mixer when you are broadcasting. On the control bar, right next to your stream time on the left, you should see a box. This box is your audio mixer. From there you will be able to control, and mute your audio sources. Please don't delete your sources because it will cause your stream to stop. This is a bug we are aware of, and are working on a fix
Old 25th June 2010, 19:46

good job guys. Thats realy awesome work. It will help me a lot for my next shows. Thanks
Old 27th June 2010, 19:50

Is it possible to bring back the feature that allows you to see what the dimensions of the screen broadcasting window is? It was useful for seeing exactly how much my streaming area is. Also you guys should add a way to manually adjust the screen size instead of having to fiddle zooming in and out to get the exact resolution you want.
Old 28th June 2010, 02:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaerox View Post
Is it possible to bring back the feature that allows you to see what the dimensions of the screen broadcasting window is? It was useful for seeing exactly how much my streaming area is. Also you guys should add a way to manually adjust the screen size instead of having to fiddle zooming in and out to get the exact resolution you want.
This. And the option to completely disable the frames UNLESS the minibar window is active.

Tags
beta, version