Old 6th June 2010, 07:52

Default Can't save local flv files

Hello, this problem just showed up in the last 10 minutes. I was using Procaster(I'm new to the software) and was checking the different quality settings, just playing with the software and getting a feel for it. Well, I had it set in the options not to go live when I broadcast, and to save my files to My Videos folder. After I made 2 videos, watched them, everything was fine. I made a 3rd video and noticed it didn't save it, anywhere. Not on my local drive, not on the web studio thing, nothing. I went back and checked the options in procaster again, and the "Save videos to file(My Videos)" checkbox is greyed out, and I can't select it.

What's going on?
Old 6th June 2010, 07:56

Default Ah, it was an encoding choice.

I guess you could call this a fix, but I don't know if it's intentional. I noticed I had changed the encoder in the video settings tab to h.264 just before I stopped being able to save local flv files. I changed it back to "On2 VP6" and the checkbox was working again, and my files save just fine. Is the H.264 encoder bugged??
Old 7th June 2010, 11:40
Livestream Procaster Support

You are correct. Procaster can not save files when you have h264 enabled. Please ensure that if you wish to save your recordings locally, please change your video codec to vp6
Old 11th June 2010, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
You are correct. Procaster can not save files when you have h264 enabled. Please ensure that if you wish to save your recordings locally, please change your video codec to vp6
Is this a feature that is coming yet? It would really be nice to save in mpeg format locally. That's why we set it to H.264, so the recordings in the studio are downloaded as mpeg. Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 18:45
Livestream Procaster Support

Keep an eye out for this, and other new features to procaster in the very near future
Old 30th June 2010, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
hi

i disabled the "automatically go live when broadcasting" check box
i use vp6 encoder, but nothing seems to be recorded at all when i press ctrl+F1

it says it's broadcasting, and it shows upload speed, but nothing seems to go on livestream, and i can't find anything on my computer.

so where does it go?
Old 30th June 2010, 14:55
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoRRasturvaT View Post
hi

i disabled the "automatically go live when broadcasting" check box
i use vp6 encoder, but nothing seems to be recorded at all when i press ctrl+F1

it says it's broadcasting, and it shows upload speed, but nothing seems to go on livestream, and i can't find anything on my computer.

so where does it go?
In order to broadcast to Livestream using Procaster without using the Studio, you must have "Automatically go live when broadcasting" enabled.

When this option is disabled, a signal is still being sent out to our servers, but it needs to be cued in Studio to be visible on your channel. More information on using Procaster can be found here: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/index.php/Procaster