Old 20th November 2008, 09:48

Angry Uploaded clipped FLV not encoding

I've been pulling my hair out since last night trying to get Mogulus studio to encode/re-encode uploaded FLV files.

The only thing I did to these files is the clip the length, no conversion whatsoever.

When I upload them it gives me a message 'Failed to encode file' which really isn't necessary since it's still in the native format. At times it even shows me the thumbnail and the Cue button just for a second then another failure. I've had the 'progress circle' show up and encode 5% and then fail again.

Am I missing something here? I'm not converting the downloaded FLVs I'm simply clipping them and saving without re-encoding.

Twice now it's failed on me with the same clip eventho I've had success in the past. I'm using Moyea FLV to Video Converter 3. The clips I'm having trouble with are in the CAT 245 Middletown-Newington folder - "pilotcar.tv - Loading 245D Excavator" and "Loading 245D Excavator".

ARRRGGGHHH... please HELP!

OK... there definitely seems to be something wrong with the Studio retry function... twice now it's gone up to 7% and failed. Also the time remaining seems to change with each 'retry' attempt. Now up to 10% and fail again.

Please help!

Last edited by pilotcar; 20th November 2008 at 09:58. Reason: additional info
Old 20th November 2008, 20:29

Smile use uploaded file as master

hi pilotcar,

BEFORE uploading your flvīs with the Browse-Button check the Point 4 Video Settings "Use uploade file as master" - now mogulus uses your file without reencoding - over this way you can even control the bandwith of your uploaded videos, because mogulus is (normal) reencoding to ~400 kbps. So you can prepare videos in high AND low resolution and present them to viewers with or without highspeed-internt.

good luck
Eckart

PS: What program do you use for only cuting or clipping the flvīs? (Iīm still looking around for a small one)
Old 20th November 2008, 21:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggeldub View Post
hi pilotcar,

PS: What program do you use for only cuting or clipping the flvīs? (Iīm still looking around for a small one)
Howdy Eckart,

I use Moyea FLV to Video Converter 3 I bought my copy for additional functionality but their trial version allows you to clip or edit the FLV and encode the new clip without recoding for free without watermark or audio distortion. Converting a file to another format still inserts the annoyances.

http://www.moyea.com/flv-converter

Thanks for the tip... check the use file as master box.
Old 25th November 2008, 22:20

Default Why down res ...

Hi!...

using always "use file as master" ON ...

Why i canīt upload 640x480 videos ? ...

always downgrade to 480x360 ...

there is a resolution limit of 480 on width?

thanks!

OH! BTW! .. the bit rate is down grade too.. if it is above 400 kbits total ... i canīt upload videos with more than 400 kbits.. 368 average only ...
Old 27th November 2008, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by aefox View Post
Hi!...

using always "use file as master" ON ...

Why i canīt upload 640x480 videos ? ...

always downgrade to 480x360 ...

there is a resolution limit of 480 on width?

thanks!

OH! BTW! .. the bit rate is down grade too.. if it is above 400 kbits total ... i canīt upload videos with more than 400 kbits.. 368 average only ...
I think Mogulus Pro will alow for higher size of videos.

Tags
broken file, flv encoding