Old 6th August 2011, 12:38

Thumbs down Favoriting is still not available?

It's a year now and the "favorite" action is still disabled. I agree with the rest of the community on how helpful it would be.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:25

Default Livestream User Profile Suggestion

I have a suggestion more for user convenience than anything.
I know on Ustream.com, you can "fave" other users and keep them on your profile for easy access. When they are live is displayed so you don't have to search to see who is broadcasting and who isn't. I thought that would be more effective than saving other users in an internet browser's favorites or bookmarks. Maybe the livestream staff could think about putting that in when they upgrade the website next time; because I know that was one of my favorite aspects of Ustream before I switched here.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:34
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariand View Post
I have a suggestion more for user convenience than anything.
I know on Ustream.com, you can "fave" other users and keep them on your profile for easy access. When they are live is displayed so you don't have to search to see who is broadcasting and who isn't. I thought that would be more effective than saving other users in an internet browser's favorites or bookmarks. Maybe the livestream staff could think about putting that in when they upgrade the website next time; because I know that was one of my favorite aspects of Ustream before I switched here.
Thanks for your feedback, ariand. I'll make sure our dev team is aware of it.

Best,
Jason
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:20

Thank you Jason!
Old 7th September 2011, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystrdat View Post
I have to say I have been looking for some sort of a Fav button for almost 2 days now before I found this thread. What a terrible oversight, such a function is key.
I was also looking for this option! Seems pretty basic to have this option on a site like this, if you ask me.

As a related side note on this subject, I started using Livestream via the iPhone app -- which, funny enough, doesn't give users the option to create a Livestream account. You can optionally link your Facebook for posting comments. Point of interest is, the iPhone app does offer a favorites feature via the blue arrow. And these favorites are listed in the "following" tab.

I just came on my laptop to try using the Livestream website to see what I was missing by only using the iOS app. After discovering that I could not use Facebook to sign up for an account, I created a Livestream account. Then I assumed that I'd be able to link my Facebook after creating the account, and then, perhaps, Livestream would recognize all of my faves from the iPhone app and sync both together. No such luck,

Seeing as this feature is active on the iPhone app, I can't fathom why it wouldn't be on their website! It usually happens in reverse where a given feature is available on a website and then implemented on the iPhone app at a later date. Obviously if the favorites is working on the iOS app, surely it should not be too difficult to get the feature going again on the website (as earlier posts in this thread indicated, it used to be possible to favorite even after the feature was officially pulled by Livestream -- but the user suggested methods to get around that no longer work). I'm not a developer, but I have done beta testing for AOL and Apple iOS developers and have insight on this subject. This is a relatively simple feature to implement in comparison to complex features having to do with streaming and such.

Livestream, please get with the program on this already! I'm a new user, and I really prefer your iPhone app and website over Ustream -- but a missing feature like this can really turn people off from using an otherwise great service. If they could make favorites happen on websites in the early 90's when the Internet got going, why can't you make it work now?! Please!

P.S. Please develop a universal app for iPhone/iPad. That's one thing UStream has that you don't, and it really enhances the iPad experience.
Old 7th October 2011, 06:40

Default hello, livestream, goodbye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaT22 View Post
I was also looking for this option! Seems pretty basic to have this option on a site like this, if you ask me.
i just signed up because i saw a video i wanted to watch on a web site. i saw livestream had an iphone app. so i figured i create an account, "favorite" the movie, then watch on my iphone as i usually do (with youtube, vimeo, vevo). then behold! no favorite function? in fact no apparent way to even stay logged in on the video page? (pressing login brings you away from video page, and when you return to it you're no longer logged in??)

zap... deleted.

Last edited by gajahduduk; 7th October 2011 at 06:43.
Old 1st December 2011, 10:52

Default Seriously??

What do they gain by making us hard to find what they are trying to promote? I'm lost for words, this makes no sense or is beyond logic...does anyone from livestream care to I've the users an explanation?
Old 1st December 2011, 10:59
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbufayax View Post
What do they gain by making us hard to find what they are trying to promote? I'm lost for words, this makes no sense or is beyond logic...does anyone from livestream care to I've the users an explanation?
abbufayax,

Please check out the New Livestream. We're working on a new and improved platform that contains, among other things, many new social features including a way to follow your favorite streams/channels. The New Livestream is in beta at the moment - you can find a full roadmap here:
http://new.livestream.com/pages/about/roadmap

Best,
Jason
Old 25th January 2012, 12:06

Default Favorite button

Should be front and foremost. It's a real pain to try to find my favorite channels. I was able to do it once. Where is that function now?
Old 30th January 2012, 09:13

Default Like, but fave or save?

ok, new site is much better but all i see is "like". no "favorite" or "save" or "watch later".

Tags
livestream, profile, suggestion, user