Old 11th May 2010, 03:25

Default Sound no Picture

Hi All

I have been having reports from viewers that they get sound but no picture, Some have said that if they watch a replay of a live recording from the beginning they get pictures for a while then it goes black but they still hear the sound. Others have said if they join the channel during playback on auto pilot they also just get black but hear the sound OK.

Is this a known problem and is there a solution.

I have recently been testing live broadcasts for on-line Sim Racing and the broadcasts go OK, it's just the replays using the auto pilot that seem to be problematic, i have tested the same clips in on demand and they play OK.

Thanks
Ian
Old 11th May 2010, 22:44
Livestream Community Help

If you try to play the recorded files individually in your library are they OK?
Basically I'm trying to determine if the source files are the issue or just auto-pilot. You'd have to make note where it when black in auto pilot and play the same file in your library to confirm that you looked at the exact matching point.
Old 18th May 2010, 04:07

Hi Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding.

I have been doing some further tests and it is not all clips but usually replays of live broadcasts added to the auto-pilot cause the problem but the same clips in the on demand library play quite happily all the way through.

The problem seems to be on the auto-pilot if you catch the clip at the start it has a picture for a while then just goes black .... but the sound keeps playing. If you join the channel in the middle of the clip then you just get sound no picture.

I have watched the same clip several time and also on two PC's and the picture goes at random places it never seems to go black in the same place and also one PC will loose the picture while the other continues running normally.

When the picture goes there seems to be no getting it back, you can refresh the page and it just comes back with the sound and a black image.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful.

Edit: The braodcast image in the broadcast live tab in the studio also gose to a black image with sound. and i have tried both IE and Firefox browsers with the same issue.

Regards
Ian

Last edited by icoombs; 18th May 2010 at 04:12.
Old 19th May 2010, 22:46
Livestream Community Help

Did you use H.264 on VP6 codec to stream? I think I've seen this before and it might be specific to H.264.

If you can use VP6 to stream, try that and see what happens to the recordings.