Old 16th May 2010, 22:55

Send a message via Skype™ to daveainthere

Ads are a fact of life...Totaly interrupting a live interveiw or session that my veiwers can not miss a part of when we are streaming live is THE MAJOR reason we will be moving on! (I am losing veiwers). I hoped this program was a keeper!..(I do not mind paying for this service)...WE will be joining several of my fellow streamers that have moved (because of unstable connections) to u-stream. When I have "my" (not your) veiwers tell me that "the ads are completly interrupting" what/while we are streaming and that it is "useless to continue joining us live!" Rename your service to "rudestream"! This is not the livestream that I put my reputation on the line for. We are looking into doing the pay deal, but we were having issues with stability from livesteams end, as far as quility. Now that we are hijacked every few min. with out us even knowing when an interuption will happen....well, good luck and I hope its not too late for you to recover some faithful broadcasters.

The subject of content of the ads....I could care less as long as it did not interupt our show! The full add at the start was fair....the ad bannors were fair.....but to hijack a live steam....is "rude" Not worth "free"...

If YouTube did this, "interrupt" in the middle of a segment, well I would not post to youtube....and if we did not post to youtube.....where would the advertising money go?

dave
rootsoffaith producer
Old 16th May 2010, 23:10

Send a message via Skype™ to daveainthere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
I'll notify Livestream about the nature of ads vs the appropriateness for the age group.
You are missing the point......notifiy livestream that there are fewer live shows to sell advertisement to!

bye...... not buy!

I will not let one more of MY veiwers leave......I will do what works......can you say that?
Old 17th May 2010, 11:42

Default please make the ads stop!

These Ads are just insane MAKE EM STOP!@
Old 17th May 2010, 22:53

Default Ad's Too Often & Too Big

What's with this Safecount.net ad that takes up one third of the screen, is difficult to X-out and seems to linger forever. Livestrem needs to realize that these ads are discouraging both producers and viewers. I think it is time for me and my viewers to look elsewhere for a competing streaming service provider!!!
Old 19th May 2010, 13:30

Default I add my voice to yours

Yesterday I was livestreaming to a group of 100 students and I was told there were at least two video ads that hijacked the entire screen. I do not mind this being played before the show starts. I do not mind this running after the show. I do not mind the banner ads. But I am extremly concerned espcially so that we do not know when Livestream will do it and the content may not be appropriate at all for the audiance.

I have spent the last two months evaluating both Ustream and Livestream. I have decided to go with Livestream despite the unstability issues. The main reason is because it has more powerful features than UStream. But if this continues I will switch to UStream. I will be able to get many of the powerful features I am now getting with Livestream using a third party software with a little bit of tweeking.
Old 20th May 2010, 01:02

Hey Livestream,

i was broadcasting the first time today, i was so happy with your service! i just came over from another broadcast site and decided to stay here, and of course in the near future buy a premium account!

BUT THEN THE SHOCK: while i was broadcasting my listeners told me there started popping adver in EVERY 5-10 MiNUTES!!!

What is that all about? of course i understand that u need adver.... but how u guys can do it like that? you are totally destroying the meaning of LiVESTREAMiNG and broadcasting LiVE!!!

How can you interrupt a liveshow every 5-10 minutes? That is rediculous!

And i was sooo happy with your service, really...

One thing is for sure, i cant stream and go on like this, im sorry but i have to leave again

Think about that LiVESTREAM!!! You gonna loose ALOT of customers and viewers!!

That cant be the sense!!??

bye
Old 22nd May 2010, 02:07

I got to agree, I'm long past tired of seeing these stupid ads pop up when I'm trying to watch a stream. A good percentage of the time they have a tendecy to crop up when someone is trying to show me something important. it's a real hassle that I can't even close any of them out or mute them and from what I can tell this is the only place that really has ad's like this popping up. It's an annoyance that I am fed up with and needs to stop. There are otherwise of advertising and making money that are less annoying than randomly interupting a stream and showing the same idiotic commercial's over and over again.
Old 22nd May 2010, 17:23

These ads REALLY throw me off when I'm streaming, it's embrassing as well :/
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:37

http://www.livestream.com/forum/show...?t=3719&page=1

Made a topic about this myself. The Livestream team doesn't even honor us with a response, even though there are over 20 replies. They simply don't care. As of today, me and my crew have been looking for a different place to stream, this is disgusting.
Old 25th May 2010, 04:06

Thumbs down

I used to be a happy Mogulus / Livestream user up until a few weeks ago. Recommended it to every and anyone interested in a quality streaming service, but I am about to jump ship. The commercials are killing the viewership my co-host and I worked so hard to obtain, so that we can get a "premium" service.

As of right now? A HUGE thumbs down to livestream.

Tags
ads, full screen, lag, no audio