Old 11th October 2011, 19:06

Default Constant Ad

There must be something wrong with my account. I get the startup ad, I dont have the 350 a month to stop that, but the banner ad pops up as soon as you close it. what is up with that. shouldnt it go away like for at least a while. it constantly opens and opens over and over
Old 15th October 2011, 11:11

Smile Ikf777

We really appreciate the opportunity to produce streaming video the way you have opened the door for us. The free platform is allowing us to build to the place where we will upgrade to full service in the future.
However I am receiving complaints on the type of ad you are putting on our site before our videos run. Running the Eckankar ad makes it look like we are promoting it. Please advertise anything else cars, mops etc. If you put someone or something with a philosophy that is very different then ours and make it seem we are promoting it. It puts me in a situation that I will have to act on. I don't know what my choices are at present but if your response is favorable we appreciate the opportunity to continue to build with you. We are looking forward to the day we have to upgrade as you are.
Thank You for your consideration of this matter.
IKF777

Last edited by ikf777; 15th October 2011 at 11:16.
Old 27th October 2011, 19:06

Do they still do the full screen ads interrupting shows? Or did they change it to when the video loads and banners?
Old 29th November 2011, 18:52

I was wondering the same thing RealKidRadio. UStream started doing it a few months ago, so we jumped over to Justin.tv. Livestream would have been the preferred service to jump to, but then I had read that they were doing the same thing. Again, this was a few months ago, so came back in to check.
Anyone know the answer?
Old 29th November 2011, 18:56
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconenterprises View Post
I was wondering the same thing RealKidRadio. UStream started doing it a few months ago, so we jumped over to Justin.tv. Livestream would have been the preferred service to jump to, but then I had read that they were doing the same thing. Again, this was a few months ago, so came back in to check.
Anyone know the answer?
When viewing Free Livestream channels, you will see a pre-roll add whenever you load the player and lower third banner ads during the broadcast. We have been following this model since the end of April 2011.
Old 29th November 2011, 18:57
Livestream

At this time a preroll add will play when you first visit a channel or select a video clip. After that, it's only banners. You can verify this by visiting any free channel page, including your own.

Best,
Jason
Old 29th February 2012, 02:36

Thumbs down pre-roll ads are TERRIBLE for embeded livestream

Is there any way to delay the ads for a couple of seconds - or at least mute it?

The problem is that our users are complaining that on our website, the embeded livestream player is making too much noise when they enter our website (because of the pre-roll ads on the embeded livestream window).

There is no way we could ever afford the overpriced premium service BUT we wouldn't mind paying less if we could at least remove the ads (bad video quality isn't as negative as the ads right now!). We wouldn't even mind paying whatever each ad is worth with a comission (bribe) on top.

We are considering moving to other online streaming services because this just isn't working for us.

If at least we could delay, mute or pay to disable the pre-roll ad...

I'm a Livestream fan, because i like the unique features Livestream has... but this is really getting in the way for our members big time.

Thank you for your time.

P.S.: A mute button will not solve the problem because it would still make noise when the stream autoplays by default every time we load the homepage on our website.
Old 29th February 2012, 10:59

ForumVeniVidiVici,

At this time, there is no way to mute or delay the ads on your player. The easiest way to resolve the issue your users are facing is to disable the autoplay function, which you can enable or disable in the embed options.
Old 21st September 2012, 18:29

I actually have to say I really don't like livestream. I'd love to watch my friends' streams when they're drawing. I enjoy watching them. But the constantly having to close out the banner ads on the bottom of the window, and the having to wait five minutes for an ad that "will end in 30 seconds) and sounds like a broken record of "ah... eh... do... ie... ii... gu..." and not being able to even mute it, pause it or buffer it... I end up feeling like I've been violated and it's distracting at best, intrusive at worse, and annoying constantly.
I can't watch the streams, much less actually stream, because of them.
Old 21st September 2012, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by asryakino View Post
I actually have to say I really don't like livestream. I'd love to watch my friends' streams when they're drawing. I enjoy watching them. But the constantly having to close out the banner ads on the bottom of the window, and the having to wait five minutes for an ad that "will end in 30 seconds) and sounds like a broken record of "ah... eh... do... ie... ii... gu..." and not being able to even mute it, pause it or buffer it... I end up feeling like I've been violated and it's distracting at best, intrusive at worse, and annoying constantly.
I can't watch the streams, much less actually stream, because of them.
asryakino,

We appreciate your feedback. Check out the New Livestream platform. It's free and has no advertising on the stream. Here's an example of an already produced Event by a free user: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1...events/1552981

Tags
ads, full screen, lag, no audio