Old 11th July 2011, 19:59

Unhappy Advert bhollawgz

The adverts are the BANE of Livestream. Livestream dont care. People complain Livestream makes even more adverts and tops and tails them on shows. Nothing we can say will make them listen. Their solution is...
1. Leave
2. Pay us not to see the ads

Quite frankly putting on adverts where you cant pause them nor TURN THEM DOWN... yes the SCREAMING LOUD FFFFFFFING VOLUME CONTROL IS MIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN NNNGGGGGGGGGGGG
is just rude.
How about we invade Livestreams offices with megaphones and shout LOUD LOUD LOUD and maybe they will get it then.

Lets face it anyone who forces you watch an avert at 100% volume is basically a cough cough. So we have the choice. Leave. Nobody is going to pay to remove their adverts. For 1 show a week this would put Livestream subscriber to remove their ads on a viewing at 10 times more costly than a Satellite Tv channel.

Lets face it Livestreams maths just dont add up. This is why once the show is done I transfer it to Youtube who give me 4 hours uploads now and their ads can be skipped, volume turned down and ads are removable banners. Much more civilised.

Sorry for being rude, ive stuck with them but my viewers are pissed off. Pisse off ad viewers probably wont buy stuff they see in those ads. Its just the bad taste in the mouth factor.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:54

Send a message via AIM to scpdny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocphox View Post
30 second ads every single time I load a stream is perfectly stupid. Making sure to never use this site for streaming again.
then you would have liked it previously when ads appeared every 10 minutes during a live stream.
move on if you dont like the ads - not a single free streaming platform will not have ads without a premium membership
Old 12th July 2011, 14:03

Send a message via AIM to scpdny

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseekers666 View Post
The adverts are the BANE of Livestream. Livestream dont care. People complain Livestream makes even more adverts and tops and tails them on shows. Nothing we can say will make them listen. Their solution is...
1. Leave
2. Pay us not to see the ads

Quite frankly putting on adverts where you cant pause them nor TURN THEM DOWN... yes the SCREAMING LOUD FFFFFFFING VOLUME CONTROL IS MIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN NNNGGGGGGGGGGGG
is just rude.
How about we invade Livestreams offices with megaphones and shout LOUD LOUD LOUD and maybe they will get it then.

Lets face it anyone who forces you watch an avert at 100% volume is basically a cough cough. So we have the choice. Leave. Nobody is going to pay to remove their adverts. For 1 show a week this would put Livestream subscriber to remove their ads on a viewing at 10 times more costly than a Satellite Tv channel.

Lets face it Livestreams maths just dont add up. This is why once the show is done I transfer it to Youtube who give me 4 hours uploads now and their ads can be skipped, volume turned down and ads are removable banners. Much more civilised.

Sorry for being rude, ive stuck with them but my viewers are pissed off. Pisse off ad viewers probably wont buy stuff they see in those ads. Its just the bad taste in the mouth factor.
1) this is a free live streaming platform, very different than youtube concerning advertisements, youtube doesnt provide live streaming, dont mix apples and oranges, you wont get grape juice, google is by far a much bigger company than livestream.
2) livestream doesnt have control over the volume loudness of the commercials, they dont make them - go complain to the creator of the commercial who decides whether their commercial should have volume control and/or and close button or not.
3) no one likes ads but people adapt and learn to live with it when using free live streaming platforms, i suggest you and your viewers do too or buy a premium account if what you stream warrants it enough to do so - there is no free live streaming platform available that does not have commercials/advertisements
Old 12th July 2011, 14:17

Default Embed Player Mute

I am trying to embed our live feed onto my homepage.

However, I would like the player to be muted till the person allows audio.

The problem is that ads play with sound - even though auto=mute is part of the embed code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 17:10
Livestream Producer Support

pitchingwell,

Livestream cannot control the ad volumes, as our player makes a call to the ad providers platform and are delivered an ad at a predetermined volume.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 14th July 2011, 07:07

I don't mind about advertising, they are fair enough.

But I noticed that the pre-roll video advertising changed its behavior again, and now it's playing automatically without mute.

Last week it was automatically playing, but in mute. Can't you guys revert to that? It was perfect

Best regards.
Old 14th July 2011, 23:30

I know most of us don't like the pop up windows. And It most of the time annoy us. so I think we cannot delete these add only owner having the right to delete up these pages. But if w having a premium account then they can accept our request to not show us such kind of pop up window.Paid things are always better than free like i used to get free website templates of every platform even joomla templates but now i have realized that premium is better than free.

Last edited by emilydave; 10th August 2011 at 03:14.
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:34

Well, this is rather intrusive. I want the sound to be off. I understand that I have to play the commercial, but the sound is a turn off for the visitors; the sound is even very loud. Can you mention this to whomever feeds you the ads?
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:39

This sound on beats the purpose of the video auto play. I prefer the visitor choosing to play the video, which reduces the possibility of the video being played.

Please, send a notification when your advertiser feeder has become more business savvy, and more respectful of your clients. In other words, less of a predator...
Old 4th September 2011, 09:02

Unhappy does anyone else find the ads excessive?

yeah ok we get a cool free service, but it seems really excessive to be having the exact same 30 second ad before every single video on a channel.

nor did it happen immediately. i pottered along with my free account, not minding the single ad every 10 mins or so, but now i have a few more views its ridiculous!!

it strikes me that this carpet-bombing method of advertising on the free channels is not doing your advertisers any favours, and it certainly isnt helping the popularity of my channel.

Tags
ads, full screen, lag, no audio