Old 23rd January 2011, 13:42
Livestream Community Help

During a live show you could announce you're taking a brake and instruct the viewers to click on the link to play the commercials at that point.
Old 27th January 2011, 09:02

Thumbs down Fine line between Advertising and "Turning viewers off" your product

I accept the fact, that to provide a FREE service, there has to be Adverts.

A VARIETY of Adverts are ok, but when ONE AD keeps playing, that is totally irrelevant to most viewer, all it does is turn the viewer OFF to the product or services being advertised.

For example -- UPS - LOGISTICS -- I am so fed up with seeing that one Time & Time again, that I am so switching to FEDEX.

Something for advertisers to think about .. Sometimes LESS is MORE. !!
Old 6th February 2011, 12:06

Default I will agree, ads are annoying!

I will have to second most of the people on this forum, ads are just fine but when you get e-mail after e-mail from your listeners asking why they are seeing the same ad over and over again for a Ford truck, it not only annoys the listener but me as the host as well. I get it, there needs to be ads so that Livestream can make money, but there has to be a limit! You charge an outrageous fee to have a premium service that frankly I feel sorry for those who buy it. I have yet to see the upside in it, unless you count getting my listeners off my back with all the ads an upside that would come from it.

There can be a happy medium here, even though those who advertise here think that playing the same ad for the same person 30 times might help them gain more customers. I can tell you I have loved Ford trucks since I was a little child, but if I see another Ford truck I may scream! I will tell you people at Livestream and the advertisers who buy time what people do during the ad: They mute their speakers and wait the 30 seconds until the ad is done then come back to the page. It is as simple as that. The ads did nothing and the people, if anything, are more inclined to NOT buy the product when you shove it in their face 40 times! I swear it is almost like monkeys are running the advertising departments at some of these companies.
Old 8th February 2011, 12:24

Question Stream lags and no audio after ads

I use Procaster and the Studio to stream on my channel. The past week or so my audience and I have noticed that sometimes after an ad, the sound will cut out and it looks as if the broadcast is in slow motion. This usually happens only when I cue a pre-recorded clip, not when I use Procaster to stream live. It was working fine before but now it's almost unwatchable by most of us. What has changed, is there a new updated widget or is there a setting I'm supposed to change? I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash, but I'm not sure what else I need to try at this point. Thanks for any help!
Old 8th February 2011, 14:42
Livestream Producer Support

Have you noticed this happening on one particular ad? Also does this happen when clips are on auto-pilot or just live?

Matt
Old 8th February 2011, 16:52

Well at first we thought it was just the Susan Sarandon 'Got Milk' ad, but I've been investigating it while I had two laptops running, one with the Studio open and one with my channel open, and when I cue a pre-recorded clip to go live (I don't use auto-pilot) it ran all right until the milk ad popped up on the channel, and then the sound disappeared and it changed into a really slow motion stream. What's funny is that it looked like that in the preview window of the studio as well, all in slow motion with no sound. I wouldn't think that ads would affect that, so is it something wrong with the studio, or playing clips? When I stream with Procaster everything seems to work well, so I can't figure out if it's the ads or the clips or the studio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:24

I looked in your Studio, but did not see any on-demand content or recorded content. Are you streaming from the channel associated with this user name. It would probably be best to work on a one one one basis by opening a support ticket here:

https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

Thanks,
Matt
Old 8th February 2011, 18:33

Thanks, I will.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:23

Default Ads

Hi there!
I have just strted to broadcast live and I didn't think that the ads were so invasive!
By the way here is my question...why I do not see them even if I log out and go to my channel page??
I don't refer to the lower ads only at the full screen ads.

thanks!
Old 16th February 2011, 12:01

alesacchi,

Ads run on all free channels at 15 minute intervals. Could you please clarify what you're asking?

Thanks,
Matt

Tags
ads, full screen, lag, no audio