Old 30th December 2010, 17:07
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norene_PZTV View Post
Every 15 min. for an add is a bit much....we live stream and we have lost viewers because they are annoyed with the ads....$350 a month is way too much to get rid of the ads.
We appreciate your feedback. Viewers have the option of watching 30 second ads back-to-back to extend the period in between ads. For example, you can watch 3 advertisements in a row and have 45 minutes ad free.
Old 30th December 2010, 17:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadix View Post
They gotten worse now. after i watch an ad immeadatly it blacks out the screen and says you have to watch an ad either now or in 30 minutes. WHAT. THE. HELL! and it does it every time i watch an ad over and over again!
Shadix,

Please list the following so we can help troubleshoot your issue:

- Browser and version
- Version of flash currently installed
- Operating system
- Internet connection speed (visit www.speedtest.net and paste the results of a speed test here)
Old 10th January 2011, 00:39

Default Unsavory ads showing on church sermon

Is there any way of getting a "choice" of ads that appear every 15 minutes? One keeps appearing during our streams for "Bad Girls Club", which doesn't exactly fit well with a church sermon. We don't exactly have $350/mo. to shell out for the ad-free version and I know that beggars can't be choosers, but is there something that can be done about this?

Thank you,
ckuesper
Old 10th January 2011, 13:19

Default what is so difficult?

Livestream: What is so difficult to understand?? You can keep the ads (even though they annoy everyone)... but PUT THEM ON AT THE SAME TIME for live shows!!!!!!!!

I have an AD on while im talking LIVE, and while one person misses 30 seconds of me talking...the next person misses the next 30 seconds, etc... We can not plan a commerical break because the ads are on at various times. Is it that difficult to have the ads come on, at say top of the hour, 30minutes past, etc..... so we know WHEN to break for commericals??

Cmon already...this is getting rediculous. I just had BAD GIRLS commercial come on for what seemed like every 5min during this past show I did. Every 2 minutes someone in chat was saying "I missed what you said because of bad girls". Get it together already. Did advertising BAD GIRLS 20 times in my 3hour broadcadt, REALLY help the shows ratings?? We got it the first 10 times!!
Old 11th January 2011, 13:20

At this time with a free account users are unable to choose specific commercials they wish to play/not play. We are continuing to work to optimize advertising and our aim is to make the ads as minimally invasive and as contextually relevant as possible. Adverting is the only way we can continue to offer a free service, but your feedback is important and has a major role in our decision making.

Thanks,
Matt Baron
Old 11th January 2011, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54side View Post
Livestream: What is so difficult to understand?? You can keep the ads (even though they annoy everyone)... but PUT THEM ON AT THE SAME TIME for live shows!!!!!!!!

I have an AD on while im talking LIVE, and while one person misses 30 seconds of me talking...the next person misses the next 30 seconds, etc... We can not plan a commerical break because the ads are on at various times. Is it that difficult to have the ads come on, at say top of the hour, 30minutes past, etc..... so we know WHEN to break for commericals??

Cmon already...this is getting rediculous. I just had BAD GIRLS commercial come on for what seemed like every 5min during this past show I did. Every 2 minutes someone in chat was saying "I missed what you said because of bad girls". Get it together already. Did advertising BAD GIRLS 20 times in my 3hour broadcadt, REALLY help the shows ratings?? We got it the first 10 times!!
54side,

Thank you for your feedback. We are working to ensure that advertising is as minimally intrusive as possible as we continue to adapt and improve the viewer experience. We are continuously working on advertising options and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I would suggest you look into a Premium account where you can turn off ads all together if you wish.

Matt Baron
Old 11th January 2011, 16:35

Matt,
Good to hear they are working on it.
I had looked into "Premium" service a while back, and it was around $350/month (not sure if that has changed). That is rediculous. lol I am not spending $350 to broadcast a show once a week, in which I make no money from. It costs less than $300/month to broadcast weekly on the lower end of NYC FM radio stations. lol If I was going to spent that kind of money..I would have stayed on NYC FM and kept my much bigger audience.
I think if you guys were actually reasonable on the prices ...you might actually get people to pay for the service. After all, you are gettign traffic from "free" channels, that you guys make it seem like you do not benefit from. lol
Old 12th January 2011, 16:19

Red face Ads

Livestream rocks!
I am trying to get my church on board. I think it might have a challenge though with the ads previously mentioned.
I think they would even pay for premium service eventually, however, getting them started (via free channel) might be a hard sell with the ads. Trucks, batteries, and etc, no problem. But "Bad Girls" and "Condoms" might not fly lol.
Anyways, Livestream is doing a good job, and hopefully these ads can be tailored for channels in the near future.
#my2cents
DJ
Old 19th January 2011, 01:10

Question Ads dont pause video

The ads dont pause the video, so the views miss about 30 seconds of my streams / videos. If there a way for the video to pause when an ad comes on?

-Allen
Old 19th January 2011, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddvldg View Post
The ads dont pause the video, so the views miss about 30 seconds of my streams / videos. If there a way for the video to pause when an ad comes on?

-Allen
There is currently not an option to have either live or on-demand videos pause when in commercial. Users can however choose to watch several videos in a row to avoid having commercials interrupt there stream during an important part.

Matt Baron

Tags
ads, full screen, lag, no audio