Old 8th November 2008, 02:53

Default Camtasia + Flash Media Encoder 2

I am trying to use the Live Output feature of Camtasia Studio 5 along with Flash Media Encoder (and have also tried On2) to capture my pc screen. When I try on Live Output on camtasia and set the framerate to 60 fps and start it up, it actually says in the recording window: Rate: 60fps (ranges from 55 to 60). However, as SOON as I open up Flash Media Encoder or On2, they seem to attach themselves to camtasia and the Rate drops to 4-6fps! I have tried everything I can think of to prevent this drop but I can't figure out why FME or On2 are doing this, and the result is very poor quality videos streamed to my channel at 5fps, when they have the capability of being sent at 60. Any help on this issue would be most appreciated. Many thanks,
Dan
Old 8th November 2008, 03:34
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Lightbulb

Have you tried lowering the framerate in Camtasia to say, 30fps, and the same in the encoder? What is your upload bandwidth, by the way?

Last edited by davidaron; 8th November 2008 at 03:44.
Old 8th November 2008, 03:55

I have tried lowering it to 20 and 30 in camtasia and same result occurs. I'm fairly certain bandwidth is not an issue, my connection can do about 500kb/s upload.
Old 8th November 2008, 04:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
I have tried lowering it to 20 and 30 in camtasia and same result occurs. I'm fairly certain bandwidth is not an issue, my connection can do about 500kb/s upload.
Right, what I meant is have you tried to make sure they match both in Camtasia and the FME?
Old 8th November 2008, 13:43

Yea, first I set it to 20 in FME then 20 in Camtasia for both video and live output and then started up Camtasia, its going at 20 nicely; soon as I open FME it drops to ~5.
If there is no solution to this, is there an alternative to live screen capturing on mogulus, either another encoder other than FME/On2 that works or another screen capture program like Camtasia that does live output?
Many thanks for your help so far.

Last edited by DanDaMan; 8th November 2008 at 14:08.
Old 8th November 2008, 14:10

Lightbulb

Quote:
Yea, first I set it to 20 in FME then 20 in Camtasia for both video and live output and then started up Camtasia, its going at 20 nicely; soon as I open FME it drops to ~5.
If there is no solution to this, is there an alternative to live screen capturing on mogulus, either another encoder other than FME/On2 that works or another screen capture program like Camtasia that does like output?
Many thanks for your help so far.
No problem, DanDaMan.

Too bad. Camtasia is a good program.
I take it you are running Windows. Try WebCamMax.

http://www.mogulus.com/userguide/ind..._video_effects

Not sure you could pipe the output to the FME, though. Try it.

-Dave
Old 8th November 2008, 14:49

Thanks Dave, FME can in fact use WebCamMax driver to stream to mogulus. I'm currently airing something all day today so I can't interrupt the viewers, but I'll test its FPS tomorrow.
Old 8th November 2008, 17:10

Quote:
Thanks Dave, FME can in fact use WebCamMax driver to stream to mogulus. I'm currently airing something all day today so I can't interrupt the viewers, but I'll test its FPS tomorrow.
OK, let us know how it goes.
Old 8th November 2008, 20:22

Seems to have worked VERY nicely. Very clean (although max fps is 30, but I don't mind). Many thanks