Old 29th September 2008, 11:42

Default Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacobel View Post
In case anyone else has the same problem, I worked out it was the ipcamera_mjpeg.ax file causing it, I found it in the filters folder of Camstreams Media Encoder software, once i deleted it all seems to work...
I did a search and I dont seem to have this file?
Old 10th October 2008, 14:58

Post Crashes, please help

I am using Windows XP Prof. and I am also having the same problem, I only have my AVG, mIRC and MSN running, and all my USB things such as Logitech microphones, webcams and stuff plugged out.
I tried to enter the studio in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Netscape and Opera, but it does all the same thing! Crashing after loading the studio.

I also went to processes and unloaded all the useless stuff but it won't help, I am still crashing. How to solve this problem?

Regards.

Last edited by Murdock; 11th October 2008 at 14:23.
Old 14th October 2008, 14:30
Administrator

Usually if you take a look at the crash report it will give you a pretty good idea of what is causing it to crash - usually it is a corrupt driver file or something similar. As always you can send us an e-mail to info@mogulus.com for more hands on support.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 1st January 2009, 09:10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacobel View Post
In case anyone else has the same problem, I worked out it was the ipcamera_mjpeg.ax file causing it, I found it in the filters folder of Camstreams Media Encoder software, once i deleted it all seems to work...
with me was the same problem! Already solved! Thank you!
Old 22nd February 2009, 17:54

Default Same issues

I did discover that if I unplug my camera altogether I can get into the studio.

Though I'm not sure exactly what that's going to accomplish...

Linda
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:08
Administrator

It makes sense that you would be able to login without the camera, usually crashes occur when the Studio attempts to access your camera and there is corruption in a driver file, if you take a look at the crash report it shold provide the name of the corrupted file and you can correct from there. As always feel free to contact our support team directly for more hands on troubleshooting.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 1st March 2009, 18:28

Default please help

Same thing is happening to me ? anyong figure out a solution? it crashed or it just stays a black screen and says trying to connect to broadcast?

i deleted a bunch of programs and even tried firefox
Old 4th March 2009, 10:39

Hi, I'm Bob
I'm a new user, but, perhaps just one of the things I found out this past month will help.

I have helped six fellow garden train fans set up channels that feature trains in their back yards.
I also have a personal garden railroad channel and own a shared channel where we all get together and conduct tours of all our garden railroads. We have SIX producers, 10 computers and up to 15 cameras in the studio at one time SO FAR.

I spent the last month helping all these friends set up their cameras and mogulus. Not an easy task as they are is 5 different states.

Here, I have a new Sony VAIO (VISTA), two HP touch screen PC's, (one VISTA, one XP) a Compact desktop, (VISTA), and three other fairly new PCs running XP as well as one Mac running Foxfire.

For cameras we are using:
Five Logitech pan/tilt/zoom USB.
several Creative Notebook clip-on cameras.
Internal cameras in Sony VAIO and HP machines
Microsoft desktop camera with mic. USB II
Sony HD cam corder with USB2 connection.
Sony Digital 8 camcorder via fire-wire into both HPs and Two Sony Laptops.

I have mogulus studio running on all of my PC's however, IT RUNS MUCH BETTER ON THE VISTA MACHINES. Much MUCH better!!!!

Most of the other six channels I set up for the other garden railroaders are on a variety of older hardware running XP.

I think I experienced just about every crash, freeze, lockup, condition covered in these forums.

Finally, the last few days, we have been able to hold practice sessions for a garden tour without a single glitch. Last night we had 5 producers, with 9 cameras showing up in the source column, (4 were adobe media encoder streams).
We were able to easily shift from camera to camera and conduct live video garden railroad tours (PRACTICE SESSION) in Florida, Nebraska, Kansas and California without any glitches.

While I am a novice at this, I have concentrated all my efforts to getting this going for the past month.

Here is what I think seems to work for me and my 6 co-producers. I'll present them in the order of what (to me) seems the most important first.

(1) You MUST remove old versions of adobe flash! Just installing the latest flash on top of the older ones only seems to make things worse. Go to the adobe site and download the flash un-installer tool and run it. Follow the instructions carefully. Reboot, and install the latest version. The same may be true for JAVA.

(2) Remove any program from startup, the task bar and the windows side bar that might access the camera. In particular. Google and Yahoo messenger. MSN messenger seems OK, but I usually exit it anyway prior to entering studio.

(3) Remove Google and Yahoo tool-bars from IE.

(4) Remove add-ons from IE, (Tools, manage add-ons)

(5) Delete all old drivers for cameras from the devices in the windows control panel. Unplug all cameras, reboot, plug in ONE camera and let windows install the driver. Shut down, reboot, and repeat for additional cameras. I have my co producers label the USB ports and the cameras with masking tape, then ALWAYS plug the same camera into the same port.

(6) Home wireless networks. Every one of them has given us problems. They work most of the time, but, sure enough, if you do a live broadcast, GLITCH! We ran Cat 5 cables to all our PC's and finally managed to stay connected for 24 hours. Since we broadcast from our back yards, we use the wireless for a laptop, stream a camera or two using Media Encoder over the wireless network and run studio and other streams over the WIRED Ethernet.

(7) Read this...
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/v...n32%2fStarware
Add-ware like this will crash XP machines if you are running a free channel viewer and studio at the same time. It will eventually slow down VISTA and cause it to loose connection.
Get rid of mal-ware and add-ware. For VISTA, I use the beta version at:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm (It takes hours to do the complete test but does everything, including cleaning up the registry)

(8) I don't know why, but, NONE of my producers using FOXFIRE could stay connected in studio or the viewers. I have the same problem with my MAC and Foxfire. They really grumbled at first when I told them to un-install FOXFIRE, but once I got IE add-ons cleaned out and all the goofy tool-bars killed they were amazed at how much BETTER IE ran.

(9) Download and install the Adobe Media encoder 3.0. If it will not stream to your mogulus channel from each of your cameras, then there is something wrong with the camera drivers. I let it stream a camera for 24 hours before I consider the camera "SAFE" to use in mogulus. This will also isolate problems. If its streams through media encoder, then the camera drivers and Internet connection are OK. If you still have problems in studio, then it must be due to the browser, browser add-ons, or add-ware. I also find that having a separate preview window for the Media encoder streams in the "source" area of the studio to be a huge reason to use Media Encoder during broadcasts.

(10)Upgrade to VISTA. On one VISTA machine, I can run six copies of studio each on a different channel, and this page:
http://wwgttmultiview.blogspot.com/
All at the same time on VISTA. The identical HP machine with XP can't even come close.

I know, that some of my experiences do not match up with the current web wisdom, particularly with regard to VISTA, however, I am NOT promoting one OS or one browser over another, I am simply reporting the things that have worked for ME and the six other channels I help set up and produce.

We are currently holding practice sessions, learning the tricks of production and training new producers.

We expect to announce the grand opening of our garden train tours channel in time to see spring flowers,,, provided we can get a couple more garden railroaders with cameras trained,,, and the snow melts on their tracks.

I hope this helps.
Old 5th March 2009, 01:29

Unhappy Flash 10 crashing with Studio

Hi folks,

I am writing this memo because my suspicion is that the Studio application has a problem with Flash 10.0 on XP. I came to this conclusion because the Studio application is crashing consistently with all my installed browsers (IE 8, Mozilla, Opera 9.6, Safari, Chrome). All browsers and Flash are the latest updates.

The crash point is right after logging on to an existing channel in Studio. Chrome specificly reports that the plugin crashed.

Cheers,
Z
Old 10th March 2009, 15:39

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by halmosfati View Post
Hi folks,

I am writing this memo because my suspicion is that the Studio application has a problem with Flash 10.0 on XP. I came to this conclusion because the Studio application is crashing consistently with all my installed browsers (IE 8, Mozilla, Opera 9.6, Safari, Chrome). All browsers and Flash are the latest updates.

The crash point is right after logging on to an existing channel in Studio. Chrome specificly reports that the plugin crashed.

Cheers,
Z
I think you right about this. What I did is, my friend bought a brand new laptop. First thing what I did is install the new flash player and offcource shockwave. when I login in the studio and stay about 10 minutes. I get the error pop up unable to connect to channel. I think the studio has a problem with Flash 10.

I have a question for the people who has MAC and use Safari for login in the studio. Have you guys have this problem?

Edson