Old 6th March 2009, 10:20

Default More rss video feeds

Can anyone share any more video rss feeds that are good?
Old 14th March 2009, 23:26

Exclamation 2009ofyear

hello do not know what do mean: for RSS feed Stroyboard that Meaning tell me what is that????
Old 14th March 2009, 23:28

Post 2009ofyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairWitch View Post
Can anyone share any more video rss feeds that are good?

ok video can be good for me? which one chooes video name put post the witre the page that what want be dodododo???????????????
Old 23rd March 2009, 04:40

Default Democracy Now RSS

I added the Democracy Now RSS to my channel on March 17th & it updated each day until the 19th. All of a sudden now it`s no longer importing updates. I`m going to attemp to re-install it again & see what happens.
Old 23rd March 2009, 06:56
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairWitch View Post
I added the Democracy Now RSS to my channel on March 17th & it updated each day until the 19th. All of a sudden now it`s no longer importing updates. I`m going to attemp to re-install it again & see what happens.
Can you see the imported clips in the storyboard? Sometimes they dont take the first time. If you can, just click on "re import" on the clips that don't come in. This usually works.
Remember also that DemNow! does not broadcast weekends.

-Dave
Old 30th March 2009, 19:47

I dont want to publish Democracy now's rss feed, i want to publish a youtube playlist. I tried feeding it to a converter service that turns it into an RSS feed. I can see the SWF files as attachments, and the youtube URL of each video is linked from the title.

I then tried to take this feed into feedburner and make it a podcast with media rss attriboutes. I have no idea what that means from the point of view of the xml code.

Really, the solution i think is to have a second feature that creates an object from a youtube playlist that works the same as the RSS feature. I think a playlist is better than a user because you can manage it.

What I foresee with this feature is being able to have multiple youtube users feeding me weekly or monthly "programs" in the form of playlists that they can update anytime.

then i just stack the programs in some order and put some short identity teasers in between... viola

This way i dont have to teach them all how to use mogulus, and the channel runs completely on autopilot.

the number of people who know how to make a youtube playlist is like 50 million. The number of people (in this forum post) who seem to have been able to make a successful RSS feed is... 0
Old 30th March 2009, 20:23
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_wings View Post
I dont want to publish Democracy now's rss feed, i want to publish a youtube playlist. I tried feeding it to a converter service that turns it into an RSS feed. I can see the SWF files as attachments, and the youtube URL of each video is linked from the title.

I then tried to take this feed into feedburner and make it a podcast with media rss attriboutes. I have no idea what that means from the point of view of the xml code.

Really, the solution i think is to have a second feature that creates an object from a youtube playlist that works the same as the RSS feature. I think a playlist is better than a user because you can manage it.

What I foresee with this feature is being able to have multiple youtube users feeding me weekly or monthly "programs" in the form of playlists that they can update anytime.

then i just stack the programs in some order and put some short identity teasers in between... viola

This way i dont have to teach them all how to use mogulus, and the channel runs completely on autopilot.

the number of people who know how to make a youtube playlist is like 50 million. The number of people (in this forum post) who seem to have been able to make a successful RSS feed is... 0
Sorry, wings, I have plenty that work.

I get them from qik, 12 seconds, and democracy now without problems.
The above feeds update like they should, also without problem, in play list style, but not all feeds update.

I think it may be a question of how Mogulus parses them, I'm not sure. My contributors don't know Mogulus, but they sure as heck now how to add content and descriptions at qik.

It would be great to be able to import YouTube playlists in the same fashion without a doubt. I've never gotten any youtube RSS feeds to import at all.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:49

Default Youtube rss storyboard

Hello,
I am also trying to create new rss storyboard with youtube videos but I seems it is not possible using the default Youtube rss feed:
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/...hmperu/uploads

Is there any other way or is Livestream people plannign to add this feature in the future?

thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 22:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaron View Post
These feeds contain no links to video files. You need a feed that contains this to allow it to be imported to a RSS storyboard.

Here are a few examples:
http://qik.com/davidaron/latest-videos
http://www.democracynow.org/podcast-video.xml

Note that video-podcast syndication also works here, and updates itself with new episodes automatically.

Hope this helps you.
Cheers!
You helped me to...Thanks!
Old 4th October 2011, 20:51

Default No Sync Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
The RSS feed needs to be a Media RSS feed that includes actual video files for example this feed: http://www.democracynow.org/podcast-video.xml

If there are embedded media files for the RSS Storyboard to pull in as in the example above the storyboard will immediately populate and begin importing the most recent clips.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Ben,

I've tried several times to sync our video library to our Qik RSS Feed: http://qik.com/abundantfamily/latest-videos

However, it has been over 24hours since my last attempt and no videos have yet to sync. What shall I do?

Tags
rss, storyboard