Old 2nd March 2011, 11:38
Livestream Producer Support

Thank you for your feedback. At this time we do not have an ETA on when/if Hauppauge devices will be supported by Procaster.

Matt
Old 1st April 2011, 12:05

I just want to point out that I too would be very happy if you could officially support the HD PVR in Procaster.

Thank you.
Old 21st April 2011, 00:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
Thank you for your feedback. At this time we do not have an ETA on when/if Hauppauge devices will be supported by Procaster.

Matt
Are there any work arounds to get the HD PVR to work in Studio? I need it for a charity event that I am doing. If so, I'd love to know how. I don't care how convoluted it is.

Thanks!
Old 8th May 2011, 12:43
Livestream Community Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrubens View Post
Are there any work arounds to get the HD PVR to work in Studio? I need it for a charity event that I am doing. If so, I'd love to know how. I don't care how convoluted it is.

Thanks!
Have you tried using it with Livestream Studio?
You might need to try it with something like Telestream Wirecast but buying a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card might be cheaper.
Old 24th July 2011, 18:10

I stream using a Hauppage HD PVR and I actually don't have too many issues other than I'm trying to figure out the lag between my audio and video. I'm fairly knew to the streaming deal so that's all I really need to figure out at this point. When I go back and watch my streams in the Studio the audio is way ahead of the video. Video itself does not lag at all, it's just way behind for some reason. Anyone that could help me out with that, it would be much appreciated! Oh, and I am on a Mac and use EyeTV as the capturing program and in Procaster I just select the EyeTV screen for streaming and set the audio to Soundflower and it works just fine...minus that delay.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:58

McNasTii,

Could you please let us know which Mac OS you're running, as well as your Procaster version.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 19th August 2011, 08:12

It is possible to use Movie Maker however a lot more powerful, than Studio..

Last edited by Johnatan11; 21st June 2012 at 04:42.
Old 27th August 2011, 18:15

Angry Xbox live chat/game chat setup

I need help on how to get my in game party chat and/or game chat to be heard on the stream.
I was under the impression that all the audio from the hauppauge was being sent to the stream, so in theory if my friends are in my party or in the same lobby as I, shouldn't I be able to hear them on the stream? Regardless, that hasn't worked for me.
If someone could tell me the best way to set up my chat audio for the stream, I would be very grateful. Also, I have both a Mac and a PC in my house and I've tried to accomplish this with no luck on either.

Set up:
Hauppauge HD PVR
Arcsoft Module Capture
Procaster for streaming
Old 29th August 2011, 16:18
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by setfaserstokill View Post
I need help on how to get my in game party chat and/or game chat to be heard on the stream.
I was under the impression that all the audio from the hauppauge was being sent to the stream, so in theory if my friends are in my party or in the same lobby as I, shouldn't I be able to hear them on the stream? Regardless, that hasn't worked for me.
If someone could tell me the best way to set up my chat audio for the stream, I would be very grateful. Also, I have both a Mac and a PC in my house and I've tried to accomplish this with no luck on either.

Set up:
Hauppauge HD PVR
Arcsoft Module Capture
Procaster for streaming

Hello,

When you are using your audio chat, are you listening to it via your headset? Cause i believe when you have your audio feed your headset, it doesn't go to your audio output on your 360. You will need to set your 360 to output both.
Old 17th November 2011, 07:27

Just throwing out another request for Hauppauge HD PVR support. I know you guys know that some of us want it, but a reminder never hurts.

While the Blackmagic line of cards is comparable or better in terms of performance potential, they're also more expensive by a significant enough margin that many streamers fall back to the HD PVR. When you factor in the relatively strict hardware compatibility of the Blackmagic cards and others (specific chipsets, USB 3.0, powerful CPU rather than encoding on the card itself), it raises that barrier to entry even higher, especially for streamers who are just starting out and hoping to monetize their content.

Even knowing that Procaster doesn't support it, I just picked up the Colossus ( http://www.hauppauge.com/site/produc..._colossus.html ) because it offers more than enough performance for HD streaming at less than half the price of the nearest competitor, not to mention accepting both component cables and HDMI. If I really wanted to record raw 1080p footage at 60fps, I could shell out for a better setup, but I'm primarily a streamer. Now that I have a way to capture HD footage, I'd actually consider going premium if I didn't have to load up half a dozen external programs to kludge together a way to do it. I'm just waiting for one of the big three streaming services (Livestream, Ustream, Justin.tv) to provide support for Hauppauge cards and I'm sold.

I won't pretend to understand the programming challenges involved in offering even rudimentary support for a specific piece of hardware, but I figure if Flash Media Live Encoder can do it, as awkward as that program is to use and as poor as its audio management is (only one audio source, really?), the team behind something as polished as Procaster should be able handle it.

Just be sure you make a big announcement if you ever add support and you're bound to lure some users away from your competitors—unless they beat you to it.

Tags
capture, card, certified device, chat, hauppage, hauppauge hd pvr, hauppauge hd pvr mac, live, xbox