#1  
Old 21st October 2008, 13:18
nwherald nwherald is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3
Default Audio with Multi-cam

I have set up a multi-camera broadcast, to broadcast a high school football game. However, I was looking for the best way to keep a continuous audio stream with out losing the audio when I cut to the other two cameras. The way I have it set up now: I have a wired mic hooked up to camera 1, and a wireless mic transmitting to cameras 2 & 3. This works well, however the occasional delay from the cameras cause the audio to be inconsistent. Is there a better way to do this? Does mogulus allow a separate audio channel that can stream continuously, while cutting to other cameras? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:50
mcarrara mcarrara is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21
Default Not an Answer but a question

I have tried to do a multi camera football game but have been unsuccessful. I think it was a bandwidth problem. What kind of Internet connection do you have at the field?

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27th October 2008, 15:42
nwherald nwherald is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3
Default reply

we are using a service provided by DLS, which is giving us our own wireless internet
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 5th November 2008, 10:58
oldschool oldschool is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwherald View Post
I have set up a multi-camera broadcast, to broadcast a high school football game. However, I was looking for the best way to keep a continuous audio stream with out losing the audio when I cut to the other two cameras. The way I have it set up now: I have a wired mic hooked up to camera 1, and a wireless mic transmitting to cameras 2 & 3. This works well, however the occasional delay from the cameras cause the audio to be inconsistent. Is there a better way to do this? Does mogulus allow a separate audio channel that can stream continuously, while cutting to other cameras? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sadly not that I am aware of. I offered that solution to them 8 moths ago as I do a multi host show and need the same thing. I already merge our audio. When I switch camera, I REALLY just want to switch camera. I hope they do this!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 5th November 2008, 17:48
UnknownAX UnknownAX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 24
Default

I don't know much about how you've set this up, but is it possible to have the mic connected directly to the computer doing the streaming? This way you can just ignore the camera's sound input, and then take the mic's sound and use that instead.

This is the way I'd have this set up, at least.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19th December 2008, 23:30
mcpsports mcpsports is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
Sadly not that I am aware of. I offered that solution to them 8 moths ago as I do a multi host show and need the same thing. I already merge our audio. When I switch camera, I REALLY just want to switch camera. I hope they do this!
Likewise I have three cameras on basketball and I don't want the fans (and their loud mouths) but I do want the high wide angle. The courtside audio is all I want.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23rd December 2008, 20:35
HereticX HereticX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19
Default

you know, I'd trade about half the studio features and the whole "pro" (rich guy) plan for one proper audio stream like BlogTV has....

*sigh*

Some of these basic things that people have been begging for since Beta STARTED should have been LONG since addressed by now.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11th January 2009, 16:37
phenominv phenominv is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Default

I want to add my voice to this. I am involved with an Internet broadcast network that is highly distributed. We want to begin using Mogulus to host webcams from multiple places in the world while mixing composite audio streams so video does not necessarily follow audio in all cases. We need an audio mix facility in Studio that enables us to separate the audio and video switch states, which is what is requested here.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11th February 2009, 16:35
gershonisound gershonisound is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Default I'm looking for the same solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenominv View Post
I want to add my voice to this. I am involved with an Internet broadcast network that is highly distributed. We want to begin using Mogulus to host webcams from multiple places in the world while mixing composite audio streams so video does not necessarily follow audio in all cases. We need an audio mix facility in Studio that enables us to separate the audio and video switch states, which is what is requested here.
I talked with Mogulus and they say they are working on this issue and should be releasing soon.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18th November 2009, 01:57
joper001 joper001 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5
Default Any news here?

I need the same solution -- audio separated from video so I can use audio from one video camera, while switching between 2 cameras. Is this request being addressed by livestream?

Last edited by joper001; 18th November 2009 at 02:03.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
audio, broadcast, live, multi-camera

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump