Old 18th October 2008, 19:02

Unhappy Embedded Player not Working in Some Versions of Internet Explorer

Hi,

We are having problems with the embedded player not working in some versions of Internet Explorer. For some users it works fine on IE7 but for others won't, had thought it might be a flash problem but works OK in Firefox.

When the user tries to access the page in IE they get an error message and then a page cannot be displayed message.

Check page at www.planestv.com/content/online

David
PlanesTV.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mogulus IE.jpg (90.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Mogulus Firefox.jpg (66.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 20th October 2008, 09:46
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron
Lightbulb

Hi,

Did you ask if they have javascript enabled in their browsers? Just a thought.
Old 1st December 2008, 09:20

Default Help, Player does not work

Help please,
My player does not work in internet explorer 7. The player says turn me on, and then says choose a channel, after that nothing else works. It also displays incorrectly with a white band all around its edges.

It works fine on Safari and Mozilla Firefox.

The link where its embeded is:http://www.pecesdevenezuela.com/FPDV_TV.html

Ive asked friends in other countries to check it out and they have the same problem with Internet explorer.

Is there any way of fixing this?

Ivan
Old 1st December 2008, 09:34

HI Ivan,

You just need to delete this small section of coding just after your channel name: &layout=playerEmbedDefault

It should now work, including your background color

Andy

Last edited by edgetv; 1st December 2008 at 09:38.
Old 1st December 2008, 18:04

Default Help

Hi Andy,
Thanks for helping but I changed the code and it didnt help. It still does not play, it still says turn me on and then selesct a chanel and then freezes and it still has the white edge. It still playe fine in Safari and Mozilla firefox.

Heres the code im using ( I hope it doesnt embed as a player) with the code you lold me taken off:

<script src="http://static.mogulus.com/scripts/playerv2.js?channel=pecesdevenezuela&backgroundCol or=0x000000&backgroundAlpha=1&backgroundGradientSt rength=0&chromeColor=0x000000&headerBarGlossEnable d=true&controlBarGlossEnabled=true&chatInputGlossE nabled=true&uiWhite=true&uiAlpha=0.5&uiSelectedAlp ha=1&dropShadowEnabled=true&dropShadowHorizontalDi stance=10&dropShadowVerticalDistance=10&paddingLef t=10&paddingRight=10&paddingTop=0&paddingBottom=0& cornerRadius=0&backToDirectoryURL=null&bannerURL=n ull&bannerText=null&bannerWidth=320&bannerHeight=5 0&showViewers=true&embedEnabled=true&chatEnabled=f alse&onDemandEnabled=true&programGuideEnabled=fals e&fullScreenEnabled=true&reportAbuseEnabled=false& gridEnabled=false&initialIsOn=true&initialIsMute=f alse&initialVolume=10&contentId=pla_29200500634541 73586&initThumbUrl=http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0NVeL1baStM/2.jpg&playeraspectwidth=4&playeraspectheight=3&wid th=150&height=150&wmode=window" type="text/javascript"></script>

Any other ideas?
Thanks

Ivan
Old 1st December 2008, 20:49

Hello Ivan,

I've just tried the following code and your player loaded up fine

<script src="http://static.mogulus.com/scripts/playerv2.js?channel=pecesdevenezuela&backgroundCol or=0x000000&backgroundAlpha=1&backgroundGradientSt rength=0&chromeColor=0x000000&headerBarGlossEnable d=true&controlBarGlossEnabled=true&chatInputGlossE nabled=false&uiWhite=true&uiAlpha=0.5&uiSelectedAl pha=1&dropShadowEnabled=false&dropShadowHorizontal Distance=10&dropShadowVerticalDistance=10&paddingL eft=0&paddingRight=0&paddingTop=0&paddingBottom=0& cornerRadius=0&backToDirectoryURL=null&bannerURL=n ull&bannerText=null&bannerWidth=320&bannerHeight=5 0&showViewers=true&embedEnabled=true&chatEnabled=f alse&onDemandEnabled=true&programGuideEnabled=fals e&fullScreenEnabled=true&reportAbuseEnabled=false& gridEnabled=false&initialIsOn=true&initialIsMute=f alse&initialVolume=10&contentId=null&initThumbUrl= null&playeraspectwidth=4&playeraspectheight=3&widt h=500&height=500&wmode=window" type="text/javascript"></script>

If you follow this link you'll see it open the player - I took the liberty of uploading the code to my test server

http://ukwild.co.uk/testplayer.htm
Old 11th December 2008, 15:42

Smile Embeded player not working in Internet Explorer.

I had the same problem. I was using the "Normal" embed code from Mogulus. I tried using the "MySpace" embed code and all works well with no errors.