Old 13th December 2009, 15:09

Unhappy Widescreen video NOT filling up the screen

I've tried to upload some widescreen 16:9 video (via Procaster), but it does not fill up the entire player window. When the video is paused (or is loading) it looks alright, but once it's running it shows thick black borders all around the actual video.

Is there a way to make 16:9 video work or do we have to stick with 4:3 ? Suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited by GGGames; 13th December 2009 at 15:12.
Old 13th December 2009, 16:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGames View Post
I've tried to upload some widescreen 16:9 video (via Procaster), but it does not fill up the entire player window. When the video is paused (or is loading) it looks alright, but once it's running it shows thick black borders all around the actual video.

Is there a way to make 16:9 video work or do we have to stick with 4:3 ? Suggestions?
Thanks!
I think you can only use the true 16:9 player if you have a premium channel, other wise, 16:9 videos are cropped in the 4:3 block.
Old 13th December 2009, 19:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazoWAR View Post
I think you can only use the true 16:9 player if you have a premium channel, other wise, 16:9 videos are cropped in the 4:3 block.
Oh... You're right.
My bad. I should have checked the premium features page instead of searching the support forums.

Thanks!
Old 14th December 2009, 01:48
Livestream Project Manager

Hi All,

With the Livestream UX Update, all Free channels now gain access to 16:9. To change your player settings from 4:3 to 16:9, simply visit the "Configuration Page" within the Livestream Account Center: https://secure.livestream.com/myaccount/channels

- Rick Stern
Producer Support Manager
Old 14th December 2009, 03:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStern View Post

With the Livestream UX Update, all Free channels now gain access to 16:9. To change your player settings from 4:3 to 16:9, simply visit the "Configuration Page" within the Livestream Account Center: https://secure.livestream.com/myaccount/channels
Wow, I was not aware of this. It's awsome! (Just tested it out).
Thanks!!

Tags
16:9, border, issue, problem, widescreen