Old 14th December 2009, 06:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocosansk View Post
No. I've never complained about the new layout. I just missed the 16:9, which also returned for us viewing pleasure. I said "us" because I'm not the only one to be happy. You, by cons, you want the return of the ugly old chat. It's regression "pure juice".
>"pure juice"
This post is made from 100% troll, not from concentrate!

Also, to add usefulness to my post instead of just being a joke, I would be perfectly happy with the new Livestream if, like I saw suggested elsewhere, the chat was merged with the video box and expanded horizontally. It truly is annoying to have such a narrow chat box. I have also noticed that the new player is slightly smaller than the old one. What's up with that?
Old 17th February 2010, 00:52

I dont like that they got rid of clearing chat.

that was useful when people posted inappropiate content.
Old 17th February 2010, 04:00

omg new chat is so bad, now it takes more clicks to do everything! muting chat, clearing chat all takes more clicks now!!! and clicking to see who is on is also very annoying. oh yeah, you can no longer easily change your nicknames!!!
Old 24th February 2010, 19:48

Default Chat

I also do not like the new chat room. Maybe I am doing a few things wron in setup?
I like the fact they now allow us to "ban" any chat members..however a few things that went backwards would be:

1)Chatbox is way too small ... and you have to click a button to view who is in the chat. The old layout was much easier to read and see who is in the chat.

2)You used to be able to choose a color to type in..and now you cant.

3)Most IMPORTANT... You now have to Sign Up and Login to get into the chat, instead of just creating a nicname and chatting. Signing Up pushes many people away who do not want to sign up.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54side View Post
1)Chatbox is way too small ... and you have to click a button to view who is in the chat. The old layout was much easier to read and see who is in the chat.
<iframe frameborder="0" height="320" width="513" src="http://cdn.livestream.com/chat/LivestreamChat.swf?channel=yourchannelnamehere">
This line of code on our website Makes the chat Bigger. If you are going to be using livestream so much and do not want to put up with "Small Chat" then make your own website. [adjust height and width to your liking]
Its not hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54side View Post
3)Most IMPORTANT... You now have to Sign Up and Login to get into the chat, instead of just creating a nicname and chatting. Signing Up pushes many people away who do not want to sign up.
This is not True. If you just put in a username it will work unless you have the channel set to users must be logged in.

I Agree with bringing back colors though. And maybe an option to change the background color to something that doesn't make the eyes bleed.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:19
Livestream Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogAndAMan View Post
<iframe frameborder="0" height="320" width="513" src="http://cdn.livestream.com/chat/LivestreamChat.swf?channel=yourchannelnamehere">
This line of code on our website Makes the chat Bigger. If you are going to be using livestream so much and do not want to put up with "Small Chat" then make your own website. [adjust height and width to your liking]
Its not hard.

This is not True. If you just put in a username it will work unless you have the channel set to users must be logged in.

I Agree with bringing back colors though. And maybe an option to change the background color to something that doesn't make the eyes bleed.
Hi All,

The Livestream Chat is an ongoing project. We hope to have some additional features and updates in the works over the next few months.

-
Rick Stern
Old 20th April 2010, 08:34

if you change it, can you please make what has been written stay in the chat and not dissappear , thanks !!
Old 22nd June 2010, 01:54

Thumbs down Nicknames

I cant even figure out how to change my nickname now. People say the pencil bar. But where the heck is that? ._.
Old 1st July 2010, 15:41

Thumbs up

Looks as if I'm in the minority on this topic. Personally I think the new chat is great.

The way Livestream combined Twitter, Facebook and Livestream Chat on Tabs, with the ability to chat / update; did wonders for increasing my radio show listener/viewership and most of all - interaction!.

In the Mogulus era, I would log on to MySpace, Facebook and Twitter (been using it since 2007. I am a early adopter) in separate browser tabs to chat. It worked, but this new method is MUCH easier to switch from Twitter, FB and LS Chat.

My only 2 problems with Livestream are: 1) is the absence of more affordable "Premium/Pro Plans" and 2) the current state of the Ads playing on the free accounts.

Other than that, I love (formerly) Mogulus / LiveStream and its functionality, and "would" (<--- note the quotation marks) continue to promote and support it!

-OhsoKool
livestream.com/sugatreats
livestream.com/soulcommune (I no longer manage this, but created it for a online community in 2008)

Last edited by ohsokoolnyc; 1st July 2010 at 15:49.
Old 4th November 2010, 09:10

Angry livestream comments

You use to have a space next to Democracy Now were I COULD type in comments on a online forum but since November1 you toke it off why did do it.
Closed Thread