Old 24th November 2009, 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettobase View Post
Hey guys someone discovered that if you type in /old at the end of a channel URL you go back to the old layout! Ex: : http://livestream.com/emul/old
yay
Thank you SO much for this. I REALLY hope they keep this...
Old 24th November 2009, 22:18

Default Terrible

I can adapt to most changes, but this is really terrible. The chat screen is small and situated where it requires you to scroll down to see it, then scroll up to see the full screen. The ads keep flashing (I'm getting a migraine from that). The colors on the chat need to be dark, but if you are broadcasting you can't see them. I'm using the old one. Please give us a checkbox option for which layout we want, the old or the new.
Old 25th November 2009, 00:18

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currt View Post
yeah, this is god awful. Can you give us an option to go back to the old layout please?
I just saw mine & THE ONLY thing I wish they would change is the background (Like BLACK maybe?).

The layout as it stands now looks too much like MySpace if you ask me.....

Cheers
As My World Turns (Lifecast) | As My Weight Loss World Turns TV (Weight Loss) | Back To The Future TV (Classic TV & Movies) | WSO-TV Soap Opera TV (Classic Soap Operas) | KB0OXD Cybershack TV (Ham Radio) | The Left Wing Conservative TV (Politics)
Denver, CO
Old 25th November 2009, 02:02

Unhappy Eye Sore

Just have to agree and make it known that this new layout is a horrific eye sore. Smaller screen surrounded by white with facebook set as the default chat?! And the chat, before the new layout, was one of the best parts of the experience. Now the chat is small, narrow, hard to read (I'm in my 20s and my eyes are fine), and the background color can't be changed to black. I love livestream and hope this gets fixed.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:23

Thumbs down This Is A Terrible Set-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlie7 View Post
I can adapt to most changes, but this is really terrible. The chat screen is small and situated where it requires you to scroll down to see it, then scroll up to see the full screen. The ads keep flashing (I'm getting a migraine from that). The colors on the chat need to be dark, but if you are broadcasting you can't see them. I'm using the old one. Please give us a checkbox option for which layout we want, the old or the new.
I completely agree,This is a terrible lay-out !! What have they done ????
Old 25th November 2009, 08:45

Default Im agree.

The new layout is very very bad.

Livstream is getting worse. First, they quit the youtube multi uploader. Now this.

THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO MAKE THINGS!!!!. Livestream, you must to hear your users!!!!!
Old 25th November 2009, 09:16

you all must have miss the beta forums you all posting that you don't like it now?
from there they said that the new pages were going to be standard...the old is like it was with adding beta at the end...it might not last using it.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikatears View Post
you all must have miss the beta forums you all posting that you don't like it now?
from there they said that the new pages were going to be standard...the old is like it was with adding beta at the end...it might not last using it.
Maybe i understand you wrong... but do you really expect that the users are active in the forums all the time?

The new Site/Player is just UGLY and bad functional... the old one was a diamond compared to the new one.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSClAlex View Post
Maybe i understand you wrong... but do you really expect that the users are active in the forums all the time?

The new Site/Player is just UGLY and bad functional... the old one was a diamond compared to the new one.
even if they don't use the forums...the pages when you place the beta tag had a feedback thing going...they could voted no in the numbers and they would have done something else.

the fact that the are rolling the pages as the default meant those that were using the voted and place feedback for it as being ok.

I don't think its ready yet and could use more feedback but it seems they moving forward base on whatever feedback they are getting.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:12
Livestream Project Manager

Hello,

Thank you all for providing us your feedback regarding the new Livestream Player and Channel Page. We're listening to your suggestions and are dedicated to improving the entire Livestream Experience for both Producers and Viewers. That being said, please provide us some specific details regarding your opinions; what you feel we can improve, and which features you can do without.

Please note that these changes are not 100% permanent and we'll continually add new features and fixes in the coming weeks.

Some talking points -

- Chat: We plan on releasing many improvements to the current Chat System which will include plenty of new moderation tools and additional functionality. Some users have complained that the chat is "too small." We've provided an "Expand Chat" button to allow you to double it's size. It is also possible to "Popout" Chat to a separate window as well.

- Channel Page: The most obvious change we've made was the channel page redesign. The User Experience Beta had initially begun on October 9th and allowed all Livestream Users to experiment with the redesign. There are plenty of new features, however, some older features have been removed. Feel free to provide us with your opinion on which features you like / dislike the most.

- New Player Issues: If you're experiencing widespread issues with the new Livestream Player, please ensure you are running the latest version of Flash Player on your browser (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/). For persistent issues, you may contact us directly at Info@Livestream.com for additional troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Rick Stern
Livestream Producer Support