Old 24th November 2009, 21:02

Default New UX Feedback

EDIT: IT TURNS OUT THAT IF YOU ADD "/OLD" TO THE END OF THE URL, YOU WILL GET THE OLD LAYOUT!
I'm keeping this thread up in its entirety to let Livestream know that their new layout still completely sucks and they need to just stick with the old layout. Feel free to continue posting your concerns with the new layout if you have any!

Lord Almighty, PLEASE don't tell me we're all stuck with this TERRIBLE new Facebook/Twitter layout. I took one look at it during its beta and was absolutely APPALLED by how unusable it was. The chat box is UNBELIEVABLY small and is put in a position that makes chat during video watching incredibly frustrating and out of the way. I cannot believe that Livestream is truly forcing this new layout on EVERYONE. Please tell me that there is a way to put my channel back into the old layout. PLEASE. This new layout DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A VOLUME CONTROL! WHAT IS THAT?

EDIT: OH, and they show my video on a widescreen format that I can't even utilize unless I go premium. Seriously, what is this crap, Livestream??

Last edited by smntv; 24th November 2009 at 22:26.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:11

Thumbs down

yeah, this is god awful. Can you give us an option to go back to the old layout please?
Old 24th November 2009, 21:16

Angry

seriously, the new livestream layout is bad. it is less useful than the old one

Last edited by SirFappngtonThe4th; 24th November 2009 at 21:21.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:17

Seriously what were they thinking? The layout is so UGLY and the chat is barely readable. One of the reasons why I liked Livestream was because it didn't have an ugly sloppy layout like JustinTV or Ustream. They really screwed up big time.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:18

Cool I agree

Please give us some answers on this, as we need the old version. If not please let us know if there is a way to embed the old version in another site and I will do that. We're going to lose a ton of viewers over this.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:19

The new layout is absolutely terrible, I had no idea that when Livestream said "it's an update", they actually meant "we're making it worse for our users".
And I don't want any of the mods saying I'm wrong, because everybody here can agree with me.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:22

Angry

I don't know what Livestream must have been smoking when they came up with the idea of jamming Facebook/Twitter in here but I think everyone is going to force them to change back or think of some way around this crap.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:31

The new layout is beyond terrible. Everything is pointlessly convoluted and mashed together, the person who's responsible for this design should be fired. Seems like it's trying too hard to be hip and cool with the whole facebook/twitter connect crap. The old design was streamlined and user-friendly... all we needed were a couple of options like being able to mute specific people, or giving the mods the option to disable the curse filter. Is there even a way to adjust the audio without messing with my desktop sound? This **** is infuriating. Keep the layout simple, jesus.

At the very least give us the option to go back to the classic style and color scheme, because this new layout is just awful. It's an eyesore, and I hate it. Everyone I've talked to hates it. Ugh.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:31

As i wrote elsewhere, there is no on-demand or sound control, and this looks like a very poor beta version.

Can we have the old player back? Its ugly, half the options are missing, the chatbox is too small and the ad takes up half the page.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to release this????????

The biggest problem is that the chatbox is waaaaay too small, the text is barely readable unless bolded, and in channels with over 20 people your text dissapears in 2 seconds. And who the **** thought it would be a good idea to make the layout look like a bad myspace page? Also facebook and twitter? What the **** livestream?
Old 24th November 2009, 21:38

The old layout was much easier to use, it was something even a new person could pick up on quickly. Now the first thing someone sees isn't the chat, but facebook. How are new people going to use this? We really need to be able to use the old version.