Old 16th November 2009, 08:53

Default Crashes after continuous use

Hello,

I undertstand this is Beta software so this report is really for information purposes for Livestream.

I've experienced at least two unsupervised crashes this weekend. The environment does not change -- meaning we are continuously publishing video on the same machine with the same source, etc. -- however, the Procaster for Mac software crashes.

Checking the crash logs I noticed four crash log files, but only saw two crashes during this period of time. I have attached these crash logs for your analysis.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip Procaster_Crash_Logs.zip (42.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 18th November 2009, 09:24
Procaster Team

Cool

Hello Tom

Crash because of a memory shortage on rtmp queue. This probably is due to connection problems - either a firewall or no connection

thanks
Lior, Livestream
Old 11th December 2009, 10:32

Default Similar issue with continuous broadcasting

We have a similar problem. We continuously broadcast, and after about 6 or so hours of use, Mac Procaster consistently crashes. I have the computer set up outside our firewall. The iMac's hard drive is set to never go to sleep. No other programs are running and we are using mac OS 10.5.8.

If the crashes were an occasional issue, I would think that the network occasionally has a blip, but the consistent crashes after more than 6 hours of use (whether I start it running at night or during the day) make me wonder if there is a memory leak somewhere in the program.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:17
Livestream Procaster

Cool

Hi

We believe there is a memory leak sometime. we are looking into it

thanks
Lior, Livestream
Old 20th January 2010, 10:56

Default Update?

Just wondering if any progress was made on this crashing issue.
Thanks!
Old 20th January 2010, 14:17
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi

yes on 2 levels. first, a new and more stable has been released. are you using it?

second, we added a way to restart the stream every certain amount of hours. take a look in Preferences, desktop tab

in addition, the crash report produces more accurate pointers in case there is a crash. please - describe your problem and email in the dialog box that is opened

let us know how it worked for you.

thanks
Lior, Livestream